Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Federer - Not Losing a Set Before Grand Slam Quarterfinals (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451788)

McEnroeisanartist 01-21-2013 09:30 AM

Federer - Not Losing a Set Before Grand Slam Quarterfinals
 
For the 16 time in his career, Federer has reached a Grand Slam quarterfinal without a losing a set on the way.

In the previous 15 times he achieved this, he went onto win the grand slam 5 times.

He has achieved this 5 times at the Australian Open, 4 times at the French Open, 4 times at Wimbledon, and 3 times at the U.S. Open.

The last grand slam he won where he didn't drop a set before the quarterfinals was the 2007 Wimbledon. Since then, he has not a lost set before a grand slam quarterfinals 7 times and not win the Grand Slam (only one did he even reach the final). Lets hope this year's Australian Open turns that streak around.

smoledman 01-21-2013 09:30 AM

All it proves he always plays tomato cans before the quarters, he literally beats up on scrubs & mugs.

always_crosscourt 01-21-2013 09:31 AM

He had a cake draw though.

Washed up, injured Davydenko. Home-crowd favorite, and thus choking Tomic. Broken-foot Raonic. No wonder he's through.

If he faced Isner, he'd get pushed all the way. When you've got a serve like that, you can make things happen the good old-fashioned way - force a couple of breakers, and a few points could swing it.

RF20Lennon 01-21-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by always_crosscourt (Post 7144069)
He had a cake draw though.

Washed up, injured Davydenko. Home-crowd favorite, and thus choking Tomic. Broken-foot Raonic. No wonder he's through.

If he faced Isner, he'd get pushed all the way. When you've got a serve like that, you can make things happen the good old-fashioned way - force a couple of breakers, and a few points could swing it.

Davydenko has always pushed fed look at their matches in rotterdam and the 2010 aussie. Tomic Beat DJOKOVIC in perth! and with Raonic its been last set tiebreak last two times they played. Fed has had the toughest draw out of the top 3 and he hasnt even gotten broken forget losing a set.

ctoth666 01-21-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7144066)
All it proves he always plays tomato cans before the quarters, he literally beats up on scrubs & mugs.

Yep. This.

Cup8489 01-21-2013 11:25 AM

I don't think he's dropped serve yet, has he?

zam88 01-21-2013 11:28 AM

good stat.

which is why i'd rather have seen him dump a set or even had a horrible 5-setter early.

when he uses up his good tennis early, it's never there late (anymore)

beernutz 01-21-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RF20Lennon (Post 7144092)
Davydenko has always pushed fed look at their matches in rotterdam and the 2010 aussie. Tomic Beat DJOKOVIC in perth! and with Raonic its been last set tiebreak last two times they played. Fed has had the toughest draw out of the top 3 and he hasnt even gotten broken forget losing a set.

Stop trying to introduce facts and logic into the discussion or else one or more of the first three posters heads could explode. On the other hand...

adlis 01-21-2013 11:34 AM

who cares? i want to see muger frauderer cry like a baby again in the finals!! boooo hooooo sob!


smoledman 01-21-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adlis (Post 7144456)
who cares? i want to see muger frauderer cry again in the finals!!


Yes this ONE moment represents his ENTIRE career! Go Talk Tennis and you stalwart band of intrepid commenters~!

Towser83 01-21-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup8489 (Post 7144418)
I don't think he's dropped serve yet, has he?

No, he's faced about 4 break points and saved them all. Wonder how long before Jo breaks him because I can't imagine Fed won't lose serve in that match.

smoledman 01-21-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup8489 (Post 7144418)
I don't think he's dropped serve yet, has he?

That's jut more proof of the mugs & clowns he's drawn. One tomato can after another. Well the Frauderer ends with Mr. Entertainment!

dudeski 01-21-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7144479)
That's jut more proof of the mugs & clowns he's drawn. One tomato can after another. Well the Frauderer ends with Mr. Entertainment!

Oh jackson vile :)

smoledman 01-21-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudeski (Post 7144487)
Oh jackson vile :)

Nah, I'm just mocking those who call him that. I figure if "Frauderer" keeps just winning, that makes Clarky, JV & Rafa2005 very upset.

underground 01-21-2013 12:22 PM

Question and challenge for OP: Has Federer ever done this without dropping serve as well? If he has did he go on to win the tournament?

kishnabe 01-21-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7144471)
Yes this ONE moment represents his ENTIRE career! Go Talk Tennis and you stalwart band of intrepid commenters~!

JV, it okay Federer won't win again....Let your built stress out.

timnz 01-21-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RF20Lennon (Post 7144092)
Davydenko has always pushed fed look at their matches in rotterdam and the 2010 aussie. Tomic Beat DJOKOVIC in perth! and with Raonic its been last set tiebreak last two times they played. Fed has had the toughest draw out of the top 3 and he hasnt even gotten broken forget losing a set.

Yeah its really funny how people were saying before the competition had started that Federer had the toughest draw of the top 4 seeds and now people are saying he has had a cakewalk.....did Federer somehow magically change the draw?

SwankPeRFection 01-21-2013 03:14 PM

lol, you gotta love the people on here. Up until Fed beat the **** out of these players in the past week everyone was like. "OMG Fed has the toughest draw!!!" Now they're all washed up 2.5's. :lol:

You people are stupid in the head.

90's Clay 01-21-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7144066)
All it proves he always plays tomato cans before the quarters, he literally beats up on scrubs & mugs.

True..

10 char


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse