Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Raonic is quite possibly the most one-dimensional player I've seen (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451810)

Defcon 01-21-2013 10:29 AM

Raonic is quite possibly the most one-dimensional player I've seen
 
The other guys who depend on a big serve, like Isner, Dr.Ivo etc, at least they have one decent shot (like Isner's forehand) or volley skills (Ivo), something to match their serve oriented game.

Milos has.... the flat inside out fh from ad court. That's it. That's the only shot he can hit, only off short balls/weak returns. His forehand is so ugly he can't hit any other type with any pace or spin.

Everything else - movement, bachkand, net skills, control - is complete and utter garbage.

dominikk1985 01-21-2013 10:38 AM

ivo has no volley skills. he just has a good serve and is hard to pass because he has crazy reach.

Isners FH is a weapon but I still think Milos is the better Player. his return sucks too but his BH and footwork is not as terrible as isner.

smoledman 01-21-2013 10:40 AM

Milos is only 22, I don't think Isner's FH was as good yet at that age. Give him a couple of years to develop the rest of his game. Honestly I think Milos should become a more S&V player to take advantage of his serving.

Defcon 01-21-2013 10:45 AM

I see in him the same complete lack of awareness around net I saw in Roddick. Has no clue when to approach, close in etc. I'm afraid these things are a lot more instinctual, it's not just stroke mechanics.

rossi46 01-21-2013 11:14 AM

Yep, Federer last night exposed his very poor movement. He was making unforced errors on simple rally shots. Very overrated player, I am confused as to what the big deal is about this guy.

smoledman 01-21-2013 11:17 AM

Tsonga will expose Frauderer's poor movement and lack of pace.

kishnabe 01-21-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7144595)
Tsonga will expose Frauderer's poor movement and lack of pace.

Like he did the last time they met....:)

bjk 01-21-2013 11:37 AM

Compare Isner's surly, sulking attitude to Raonic, always bouncing on his feet. Raonic is always positive, even when he's losing. That's why he will outperform Isner and Ivo, even though his athleticism might not be as good as Big John's.

tacou 01-21-2013 11:37 AM

As a huge fan of Isner, I never understood the difference/hype of Milos. He is exactly the same. Sure, he can develop more consistent ground strokes, but it's equally likely he will not.

Give John or Raonic a nice draw and they can make a slam semi, but it's impossible to win with one shot and that's all either of them have

pound cat 01-21-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defcon (Post 7144429)
The other guys who depend on a big serve, like Isner, Dr.Ivo etc, at least they have one decent shot (like Isner's forehand) or volley skills (Ivo), something to match their serve oriented game.

Milos has.... the flat inside out fh from ad court. That's it. That's the only shot he can hit, only off short balls/weak returns. His forehand is so ugly he can't hit any other type with any pace or spin.

Everything else - movement, bachkand, net skills, control - is complete and utter garbage.

And yet this so-called 1 demensional player has managed to get to R 3 in 1 slam, and R4 in 2 different slams , 3 titles and a high of #13 by age 22 and the respect of the top players.

Now how do you explain that?

spiderman123 01-21-2013 02:53 PM

All you guys who are not completely convinced by Raonic and comparing Raonic to Isner, please send the Royalty checks as soon as possible.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...9&postcount=36

qindarka 01-21-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7144595)
Tsonga will expose Frauderer's poor movement and lack of pace.

If you are going to pretend to be a Federer fan, I think it would be best if you don't let your true colors show that often.

Speranza 01-21-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishnabe (Post 7144659)
Like he did the last time they met....:)

Well he may well have exposed them, but he couldn't do anything about them ;)

90's Clay 01-21-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7144483)
Milos is only 22, I don't think Isner's FH was as good yet at that age. Give him a couple of years to develop the rest of his game. Honestly I think Milos should become a more S&V player to take advantage of his serving.

22 is around the time a player's prime should start. If you're game is looking like his is at 22, your future doesn't look too good

Numenor 01-21-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7144595)
Tsonga will expose Frauderer's poor movement and lack of pace.

Looks like a bit of Fraudian slip there, JV.

papertank 01-21-2013 03:43 PM

In today's game Raonic doesn't need great volleys to be succesful. If he can get a consistent ground game and improve his movement he can easily be as succesful as Berdych, Delpo, etc.

tacou 01-21-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papertank (Post 7145544)
In today's game Raonic doesn't need great volleys to be succesful. If he can get a consistent ground game and improve his movement he can easily be as succesful as Berdych, Delpo, etc.

Of course. And if Rochus had grown 6 more inches he'd have won Wimbledon

beast of mallorca 01-21-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7144595)
Tsonga will expose Frauderer's poor movement and lack of pace.

If Tsonga played Chardy, he would have lost, probably even against Almagro.

Amelie Mauresmo 01-21-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defcon (Post 7144429)
The other guys who depend on a big serve, like Isner, Dr.Ivo etc, at least they have one decent shot (like Isner's forehand) or volley skills (Ivo), something to match their serve oriented game.

Milos has.... the flat inside out fh from ad court. That's it. That's the only shot he can hit, only off short balls/weak returns. His forehand is so ugly he can't hit any other type with any pace or spin.

Everything else - movement, bachkand, net skills, control - is complete and utter garbage.

Your comment is so immature and just plain dumb. Anyone who watches tennis knows Milos has good volley skills, and he has an excellent forehand. He also does not move badly for a man who is six foot five. It is so tired people like you, this guy is in the top 15 on the ATP Tour he is doing well.

President 01-21-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelie Mauresmo (Post 7146038)
Your comment is so immature and just plain dumb. Anyone who watches tennis knows Milos has good volley skills, and he has an excellent forehand. He also does not move badly for a man who is six foot five. It is so tired people like you, this guy is in the top 15 on the ATP Tour he is doing well.

That's really cool but the real question is whether he is a closet homosexual? :evil:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse