Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Berdych is going to beat Djokovic tomorrow (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451817)

ruariatp 01-21-2013 11:58 AM

Berdych is going to beat Djokovic tomorrow

I reckon Berdych will have been watching the Stan-Nole match while in bed, and probably loved every second. Djokovic wasn't at his best, and he also will surely be tired while Berdych will be fresh as...Upset on the cards?

If you haven't been following proceedings here is a summary of the 4th round http://andbethere.blogspot.it/2013/0...4-summary.html :)

Thoughts?

RF20Lennon 01-21-2013 12:00 PM

we already have a thread on this. But my personal take is highly doubt it.

Clarky21 01-21-2013 12:11 PM

Get real. Berdych could be up 2 sets to none, 5-0 in the third, and with triple match point and still manage to lose. He won't even take a single set.

always_crosscourt 01-21-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7144573)
Get real. Berdych could be up 2 sets to none, 5-0 in the third, and with triple match point and still manage to lose. He won't even take a single set.

He won't even take a single point.

rossi46 01-21-2013 12:25 PM

Djokovic won't be tired, ever since he changed his "diet" he never seems to retire from matches or get tired during them. If I were Birdsh#t I would consult Djokovic's doctor sorry I meant to say nutritionist !

bjsnider 01-21-2013 12:25 PM

I don't think Berdych can play as well as Dirty Stan did. That was a master class in tennis. The match of his life.

tacou 01-21-2013 12:36 PM

It all depends on how Novak recovers, which I'm sure will be 200%, in which case he will win in straights

ruariatp 01-21-2013 12:44 PM

I'm not sure...granted he has a terrible record against Djoko :P but the courts are a bit quicker than usual which should play to his advantage. For sure Djokovic is the favourite but it's far from a foregone conclusion

Clarky21 01-21-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by always_crosscourt (Post 7144616)
He won't even take a single point.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Roddick85 01-21-2013 12:51 PM

Even if Djokovic went through a tough and long match against Stan, I doubt this will affect him all that much against Berdych. With his diet + trainer + physio etc...Novak will have enough time to recover. Berdych never had a great record against Novak and he also didn't face much adversity in his previous matches. I'll take Djoko in 3.

ruariatp 01-21-2013 01:01 PM

Berdych in 4...djokovic was looking pretty tired at the end of the stan match - i know it was a marathon, but he never struggles like that. i was surprised, not only by stan's tennis, but by Djokovic's failure to out-endure him sooner - stan admitted that he was cramping as early as the 3rd set - surely djoko should've put him away sooner?

Clarky21 01-21-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruariatp (Post 7144736)
Berdych in 4...djokovic was looking pretty tired at the end of the stan match - i know it was a marathon, but he never struggles like that. i was surprised, not only by stan's tennis, but by Djokovic's failure to out-endure him sooner - stan admitted that he was cramping as early as the 3rd set - surely djoko should've put him away sooner?

He's playing possum. He was not tired, does not get tired, and is always fresher than his opponent is no matter if the match goes on for 2 weeks straight. I wonder if him coming out fresh as a daisy tonight will finally start making these fanboy commentators and the fans in denial start questioning how his unrelenting stamina is remotely possible? Hopefully, it does.

dudeski 01-21-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7144700)
Wouldn't surprise me.

LOL! There you have it everyone. Clarky21 wouldn't be surprised if Djokovic won a triple golden set tomorrow. That's sums up her intelligence right here.

On a serious note, is someone who believes in (anti)jinxing to a point that she feels she needs to do it 24/7 mentally ill and needs to seek professional help? I am concerned...

MindoverMatter 01-21-2013 01:06 PM

Berdych will be well-rested after his cruise through all his previous matches. He will come out strong in the beginning, but if he doesn't finish it then...well then it's over.

6-1 6-3 6-0 01-21-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudeski (Post 7144768)
LOL! There you have it everyone. Clarky21 wouldn't be surprised if Djokovic won a triple golden set tomorrow. That's sums up her intelligence right here.

On a serious note, is someone who believes in (anti)jinxing to a point that she feels she needs to do it 24/7 mentally ill and needs to seek professional help? I am concerned...

Clarky21 is one of the most unsettling posters on a tennis forum I've ever seen. I genuinely fear for Nadal if Clarky21 is a regular spectator during Nadal's tennis matches. :mad: I hope Nadal's bodyguards are ready to catch Clarky21 if he tries to pull a Seles attack. :-P

TheF1Bob 01-21-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruariatp (Post 7144544)
I reckon Berdych will have been watching the Stan-Nole match while in bed, and probably loved every second. Djokovic wasn't at his best, and he also will surely be tired while Berdych will be fresh as...Upset on the cards?

If you haven't been following proceedings here is a summary of the 4th round http://andbethere.blogspot.it/2013/0...4-summary.html :)

Thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 7144841)
Clarky21 is one of the most unsettling posters on a tennis forum I've ever seen. I genuinely fear for Nadal if Clarky21 is a regular spectator during Nadal's tennis matches. :mad: I hope Nadal's bodyguards are ready to catch Clarky21 if he tries to pull a Seles attack. :-P

You have your moments, I give you that.

Clarky21 01-21-2013 01:26 PM

Dudeski is stalking me yet again. Even having him on ignore doesn't stop his obsession with me. Something is definitely off in this guy's head. It's quite frightening to be honest.

ruariatp 01-21-2013 01:30 PM

I partly agree with your doubts over djokovic's stamina...maybe something changed before this tournament, cough lance cough, and that is why he's maybe not as strong :P

Mike Sams 01-21-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossi46 (Post 7144625)
Djokovic won't be tired, ever since he changed his "diet" he never seems to retire from matches or get tired during them. If I were Birdsh#t I would consult Djokovic's doctor sorry I meant to say nutritionist !

Djokovic couldn't fight Murray to the end in their USO match. Somebody got tired that day and it wasn't Murray. Djokovic managed to take it to 5 sets but his 5th set effort was that of a tired man.

mbm0912 01-21-2013 01:41 PM

On the bright side!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 7144841)

I don't think you'll have to worry about Nadal's matches much longer.