Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   TW Playtesters are awesome (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451822)

Vertiz 01-21-2013 11:21 AM

TW Playtesters are awesome

The Racket Reviews (& reviewers) are getting better and better. Andy is great, really take his feedback to heart because of his more modern & aggressive style, along with his competitive experience (being a college player myself). Ofc good ol' Chris is still shredding it up on court. Been taking Chris's advice for years now & hope to see him out there for years to come. Can't possibly elaborate on everyone but shout out to the other guys as well. Being a guy, I can't relate to a girl's preferences but Siobhan, Brittany, etc are all good players. Not many complaints with the current crew but I can only hope that one day a modern one-hander will join the crew :). I've switched rackets three times since I've started following TW in my younger junior years and every time I rely on your feedback heavily to decide which rackets to try. Keep up the good work guys.

PS: Really appreciate the fact that you all check youtube for questions & answer them in a timely manner. Big plus.

adlis 01-21-2013 11:50 AM

Tiffani Yamamoto Ayers is my favorite :oops:

TW Staff 01-21-2013 11:35 PM

@Vertiz,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We do it all because we're not only tennis fanatics but so that this is more than just about buying products: it's about tennis, sharing knowledge, giving advice, community, chatting and all round just enjoying the sport! We really love hearing that what we do is helpful and useful, and like you said, we do try to respond to everything that you guys send us!

Have a great day!

Siobhan, TW

PS. @adlis, Tiff's my favorite too, (but shhh, can't have Chris or Jason getting jealous).

fundrazer 01-22-2013 10:11 AM

+1 One of the main reasons why I stick with TW for practically all of my tennis needs :) Spencer's my man since we share very similar taste when it comes to racquets. Usually look to his reviews before deciding on another racquet to try out. Quick shoutout to Mark as well for helping out with some shoe sizing questions. I've got my CC feather II's on the way so we'll see if I like em :)

TW Staff 01-22-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7146914)
@Vertiz,

PS. @adlis, Tiff's my favorite too, (but shhh, can't have Chris or Jason getting jealous).

Too late

Jason, TW

diredesire 01-22-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7148675)
Too late

Jason, TW

How come you're never retweeting my puns, J? I know you are seein' those. :twisted:

ductrung3993 01-22-2013 01:51 PM

I miss Spence!

TW Staff 01-23-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diredesire (Post 7149147)
How come you're never retweeting my puns, J? I know you are seein' those. :twisted:

Ha! I swear, I haven't seen them in quite sometime. Next time DD, next time.

Jason, TW

db10s 01-23-2013 02:49 PM

Time for a playtesting world tour....

mad dog1 01-23-2013 03:44 PM

speaking of faves...I can't get enough of Carol E. 8-) It's a shame she doesn't do more racquet reviews. :oops:

Andy and Chris are awesome. love the sick dropshots from Andy.

sportmac 01-26-2013 04:00 PM

I want to see some matches!

I'd love to see Mark play Gran/Chris/Spence/Troy/Tony... who am I missing? I'm fascinated by his game. It's just so much fun to watch with that oh so unique style. And I believe that his thumb on his backhand is resting on the handle and not holding it? Is that correct?

Tiff play Chris (left handed), Carol and Brit... I'll watch them all.

BTW, where is Spence?

Shangri La 01-28-2013 03:22 PM

Yes, where is Spencer these days?

TW Staff 01-28-2013 03:48 PM

Spencer moved to a different position and isn't playtesting as much these days. We try to sneak him in to as many reviews as possible.

Brittany, TW

martini1 01-28-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7146914)
@Vertiz,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We do it all because we're not only tennis fanatics but so that this is more than just about buying products: it's about tennis, sharing knowledge, giving advice, community, chatting and all round just enjoying the sport! We really love hearing that what we do is helpful and useful, and like you said, we do try to respond to everything that you guys send us!

Have a great day!

Siobhan, TW

Siobhan,

I really love your fh form. One of the reason I watch all of your reviews is just to see you hit. Please share some video on you hitting in practice sessions and some insights on your form and stroke.

Keep up the good work!

TW Staff 01-29-2013 05:48 AM

@martini1,

Thank you so much, it's really nice to hear feedback like that!! I won't be in any videos right now because I'm actually currently working in Germany at TW's sister store, Tennis Warehouse Europe. But, I'll be back later this year to playtest and be in video reviews at TW like normal!

I really enjoy hitting my forehand right now, and something I have been focusing on is keeping my swing speeds up. Whether I chose to then flatten the ball out or hit with heavier spin depends on other factors like my positioning and tactical choices - but keeping the racquet head moving through the air, and through my swing quickly, has really helped my depth and aggressiveness.

If you have any particular questions about forehands, or tennis in general, please don't hesitate to ask!

Siobhan, TW

martini1 01-30-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7177063)
@martini1,

Thank you so much, it's really nice to hear feedback like that!! I won't be in any videos right now because I'm actually currently working in Germany at TW's sister store, Tennis Warehouse Europe. But, I'll be back later this year to playtest and be in video reviews at TW like normal!

I really enjoy hitting my forehand right now, and something I have been focusing on is keeping my swing speeds up. Whether I chose to then flatten the ball out or hit with heavier spin depends on other factors like my positioning and tactical choices - but keeping the racquet head moving through the air, and through my swing quickly, has really helped my depth and aggressiveness.

If you have any particular questions about forehands, or tennis in general, please don't hesitate to ask!

Siobhan, TW

That's good advice, Siohbhan. I am currently at a stage I need a reliable, effortless (like 60% power) fh that can keep me alive in rallies with consistency. I can hit powerful fhs but also with a dose of UEs, especially when playing games. Sometimes I either hit with not enough punch or over hit it. That's what happens when I play people with a slightly better fh/bh than me.
I love that way you have a very clean contact, nice pop, and doesn't look like it takes too much effort for you to do that. The control is very nice.