Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Raonic, Tomic, Dolgopolov, Dmitrov. Harrison.A worthless generation. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451883)

BeHappy 01-21-2013 08:42 PM

Raonic, Tomic, Dolgopolov, Dmitrov. Harrison. Nishikori. A worthless generation.

Tomic has no speed. Dmitrov has no power. Dolgopolov has no consistency. Raonic is just a serve and the courts are too slow everywhere for that to be enough. Harrison is fat. Nishikori is short and injury prone.

None of them will make it to top 5 in the rankings, in 5 years time when Djoker/Murray and Nadal start breaking down, that worthless generation won't be ones to take their place and win slams. They will be superseded by a new generation of young players we haven't even heard of yet.

Maybe if Harrison loses weight he could make it, but that's it. He's the only one with a fixable weakness.

TheCheese 01-21-2013 08:49 PM

I think Tomic and Dimitrov could one day be top 10. I don't think they're the next Nadal/Fed/Djoko however.

ledwix 01-21-2013 09:19 PM

True. It seems right now impossible to predict who would win slams after the big four are all done; nobody seems to be a candidate whatsoever. Maybe the best player in 2018 was born in like 1996.

Netspirit 01-21-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeHappy (Post 7146563)
Tomic has no speed. Dmitrov has no power. Dolgopolov has no consistency. Raonic is just a serve and the courts are too slow everywhere for that to be enough. Harrison is fat. Nishikori is short and injury prone.

Sounds like a dream team, lol

-sparky- 01-22-2013 04:52 AM

Harrison is fat :lol:lmao

Roddick85 01-22-2013 04:59 AM

As much as I despised Tomic for his tank job against Roddick, I got to admit he earned a bit of my respect against Federer. While he lost, he still put up a fight and an overall entertaining match, I hope he keeps that up during the rest of the year. For the rest, Harrison will never break any new ground, he's going to have a Donald Young type of career. Dolgopolov has flashes of brillance but no consistency. Raonic only has a serve and his rather injury prone for such a young man.

tennis_pr0 01-22-2013 05:01 AM

Well, it's tough to compare anything to what we are currently seeing in tennis now. I mean you have Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and murray just winning EVERYTHING. Bay far the most dominant era in the history of the game. It will certainly be a while different feeling when these guys are no longer in it as much as they are now, just the fact that the sport will be more open to other players where it has really just been three players winning everything for the last 7 years or so, and will continue to be that way for at least the next three or four.

As far as the next generation, I have to agree there is no real prosperity. Out of all the names you listed, I would say Raonic has a good chance of being top 5 if not better, but the other, highly unlikely. Maybe someone else will come into the picture over the next few years...

Sentinel 01-22-2013 05:09 AM

What about that tennis prodigy who wears his cap askew ? American chap.

Mainad 01-22-2013 06:18 AM

Jerzy Janowicz, Ricardas Berankis anyone?

Mainad 01-22-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel (Post 7147805)
What about that tennis prodigy who wears his cap askew ? American chap.

You mean Donald Young affectionately known on here as The Donald?

martini1 01-22-2013 06:25 AM

The next Fed hasn't born yet. I am sure. It is also unlikely to see the next Rafa or Djoker in the next 3-5 yrs.

Flash O'Groove 01-22-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martini1 (Post 7147939)
The next Fed hasn't born yet. I am sure. It is also unlikely to see the next Rafa or Djoker in the next 3-5 yrs.

Murray might be the next Djokovic. Only four major left and here he is.

librarysteg 01-22-2013 06:33 AM

There's something I like about Dolgopolov. I think he still might get consistent enough to have a couple of years in the top 10. I know his health is an issue, though.

Russeljones 01-22-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

None of them will make it to top 5 in the rankings, in 5 years time when Djoker/Murray and Nadal start breaking down, that worthless generation won't be ones to take their place and win slams. They will be superseded by a new generation of young players we haven't even heard of yet.

Maybe if Harrison loses weight he could make it, but that's it. He's the only one with a fixable weakness.

So if you don't make top 5 you're worthless? I think the word applies to only one thing in this thread..

martini1 01-22-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash O'Groove (Post 7147941)

You are talking about number of slams won? I am talking about playing style and game. It is hard to find another top form 2011 Djoker. The nerve is just unreal.

Mainad 01-22-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash O'Groove (Post 7147941)

Yep, and he's still only 25! :wink:

always_crosscourt 01-22-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

He is injury prone because he's short? Like with Harrison's fatness, Nishikori's shortness isn't a weakness. If you said Nishikori's serve is crap because he's short, or Harrison's movement is crap because he's fat - they would be legitimate weaknesses. But you merely described physical attributes, as if, by being short, even if you serve like Sampras, it doesn't count because you're short, or if you're pudgy, even if you move like Nadal, it doesn't count cuz you're fat.

As it is, Nishikori's serve isn't the worst of the bunch, and Harrison's movement isn't the worst of the bunch.

JayChu 01-22-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

I guess David Ferrer is not good enough since he is short...oh wait...He is in the damn Top 5 (soon to be Top 4) and he is under 6'0. Your point for Nishikori for being short is invalid.

dpg 01-22-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mainad (Post 7147920)
Jerzy Janowicz, Ricardas Berankis anyone?

Yes, JJ is good.

tacou 01-22-2013 08:41 AM

TT forums are a great study of self entitlement in today's culture