Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Youtek Radical Oversize Pro Stock - Does it Exist? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452022)

El Zed 01-22-2013 05:59 PM

Youtek Radical Oversize Pro Stock - Does it Exist?
 
Was this racquet ever made available to anyone other than Andre Agassi? Thanks, all.

vsbabolat 01-22-2013 08:09 PM

Yup. Youzhny is one guy that comes to mind using it early in his career.

El Zed 01-22-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7150636)
Yup. Youzhny is one guy that comes to mind using it early in his career.

Thank you so much, sir, greatly appreciate your insight and your continued help.

I recently acquired an "A.A." Youtek Radical OS and that lead me to wondering whether anyone else used the stick. Nonetheless, presume that the "A.A." Radical OS is instead the Trisys 260 OS under the paint? If so, do you think the A.A. frame was made in Austria like the PT57s? Thanks again.

Doubles 01-22-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7150636)
Yup. Youzhny is one guy that comes to mind using it early in his career.

Got any pics of Youzhny using an oversize?

Chotobaka 01-22-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Zed (Post 7150722)
Thank you so much, sir, greatly appreciate your insight and your continued help.

I recently acquired an "A.A." Youtek Radical OS and that lead me to wondering whether anyone else used the stick. Nonetheless, presume that the "A.A." Radical OS is instead the Trisys 260 OS under the paint? If so, do you think the A.A. frame was made in Austria like the PT57s? Thanks again.

Made in China. Try a search here -- I believe there are quite a few comments on the A.A. Radical OS. The consensus is it is a very good stick and quite close in feel to the original, despite being a re-issue and lacking twaron in the layup.

El Zed 01-22-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chotobaka (Post 7151031)
Made in China. Try a search here -- I believe there are quite a few comments on the A.A. Radical OS. The consensus is it is a very good stick and quite close in feel to the original, despite being a re-issue and lacking twaron in the layup.

Thanks, but I'm talking about his actual pro stock racquet (ie customized by RPNY with his custom grip mold, labeled with A.A., etc.) not the 260 OS reissue. I believe VS previously mentioned that Agassi generally utilized paint jobs over the 260 OS - and I think he said this was also the case during his YouTek period. Therefore, given some of the similarities between the 260 and the 280/630/PT57s, was wondering if AA's racquets were made in Austria as well.

Power Player 01-23-2013 05:43 AM

Zed, you have the Agassi stick? The real deal? Amazing. I'm jealous. Anyway you could get the swingweight, weight and balance on it?

movdqa 01-23-2013 05:48 AM

> I recently acquired an "A.A." Youtek Radical OS and that
> lead me to wondering whether anyone else used the stick.
> Nonetheless, presume that the "A.A." Radical OS is instead
> the Trisys 260 OS under the paint? If so, do you think the
> A.A. frame was made in Austria like the PT57s? Thanks again.

I've wanted to buy one but they typically sell very fast after getting listed. I think that $1,000 is typical for one of those - if AA actually used it in matchplay. Something that I'd love to try but I don't think that I'd use it in normal play - I think that it would be impossible to get a matched set.

El Zed 01-23-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Player (Post 7153136)
Zed, you have the Agassi stick? The real deal? Amazing. I'm jealous. Anyway you could get the swingweight, weight and balance on it?

Yeah, man, very excited about it. Happy to get those measurements over to everyone and should be able to do so by the weekend.

El Zed 01-23-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movdqa (Post 7153166)
> I recently acquired an "A.A." Youtek Radical OS and that
> lead me to wondering whether anyone else used the stick.
> Nonetheless, presume that the "A.A." Radical OS is instead
> the Trisys 260 OS under the paint? If so, do you think the
> A.A. frame was made in Austria like the PT57s? Thanks again.

I've wanted to buy one but they typically sell very fast after getting listed. I think that $1,000 is typical for one of those - if AA actually used it in matchplay. Something that I'd love to try but I don't think that I'd use it in normal play - I think that it would be impossible to get a matched set.

Yes, the one I picked up made it's way through RPNY and evidently was used by A.A. in a charity event. Needless to say, picked up under the auspices that it was an A.A. issued stick, with the rest (i.e. actual use) being gravy.

I tend to be pretty strict in terms of which racquets I use or don't use. The first thing my fiance mentioned after acquiring was how she couldn't wait to hit with it... :shock: No, no, this is going to be framed and treated like the ancient Oracle at Delphi; not subjected to the harsh conditions of a court by a mere mortal! :) Needless to say, I think this will temporarily halt the growth of my collection; can't really top this racquet without paying crazy money.

movdqa 01-23-2013 07:27 AM

You should do a writeup on the stick in the Pro Racquets forum. It's kind of a tradition here. You get a unique Pro Stock and you post a thread with photos and specs.

El Zed 01-23-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movdqa (Post 7153493)
You should do a writeup on the stick in the Pro Racquets forum. It's kind of a tradition here. You get a unique Pro Stock and you post a thread with photos and specs.

Happy to oblige; hopefully can do so over the next few days.

vsbabolat 01-23-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubles (Post 7150974)
Got any pics of Youzhny using an oversize?



vsbabolat 01-23-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Zed (Post 7150722)
Thank you so much, sir, greatly appreciate your insight and your continued help.

I recently acquired an "A.A." Youtek Radical OS and that lead me to wondering whether anyone else used the stick. Nonetheless, presume that the "A.A." Radical OS is instead the Trisys 260 OS under the paint? If so, do you think the A.A. frame was made in Austria like the PT57s? Thanks again.

Yes, I think his frames were made in Austria and are the Original Radical Trisys 260 (Tour) Oversize (690cm2)

El Zed 01-23-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7153574)
Yes, I think his frames were made in Austria and are the Original Radical Trisys 260 (Tour) Oversize (690cm2)

Can't thank you enough for the insight and help, VS.

Geoff 01-23-2013 09:00 AM

How ironic on the timing of this thread. I just finished customizing a YT IS Radical OS for a customer, to Agassi's specs from 2008 courtesy of Greg Raven's site. The new specs are 355g/32cm/340SW from a starting unstrung specs of 296g/32cm/279SW. The racquet has been strung with Lux ALU Rough at 66lbs along with a Tournagrip added.

Doubles 01-23-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7153570)


Great pics, VS! Interesting to see a guy with a one handed backhand hitting with an oversize.

ollinger 01-23-2013 01:27 PM

^^ what's unusual about that? Gabby Sabatini, Paul Annacone, Peter McNamara and many others used OS frames and hit 1HBH.

Doubles 01-23-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollinger (Post 7154613)
^^ what's unusual about that? Gabby Sabatini, Paul Annacone, Peter McNamara and many others used OS frames and hit 1HBH.

I've only been watching tennis for the past 7-8 years, so to me, this is a sight to behold.

El Zed 01-25-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Player (Post 7153136)
Zed, you have the Agassi stick? The real deal? Amazing. I'm jealous. Anyway you could get the swingweight, weight and balance on it?

P.P. - received the racquet today, and did my best to get you the requested figures.

First, the racquet is strung with Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power, with a current tension of about 46 lbs. I apologize with respect to the measurement specs, as the only measuring device I have on hand renders it rather difficult to cite specs with truly acceptable precision - will do my best, and will attempt to verify later, but nonetheless thought you might appreciate them. As to weight, the racquet is 352 grams with neither an overgrip nor a dampener (although this is the strung weight). Length appears to be 69 cm, with a balance point of approximately 32.5 cm (this figure likely is the most imprecise). I haven't conducted a proper swing-weight test as of yet, but just plugging the aforementioned numbers into the racquet-tune app, it appears as though swing-weight is at about 327 or so.









As the pictures show, this is indeed not a traditional radical and indeed more in line with the Pro Tour frames (the extended grommet channel comports w/ the PT280s I have on hand). The grip is interesting, and is unlike most Head grips that I can recall. As the pictures show, a bit more square than usual (more comparable to a POG, to a lesser extent the TK82S grips and, lastly, the standard PT280 grips). The grip itself measures approximately 4 1/2 in. around. The racquet's in great condition, but obviously played (which, frankly, I look it as being a positive).

Hope you enjoy the specs, and let me know if you have any questions that I could answer.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse