Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Siobban: string for APD (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452068)

Boricua 01-23-2013 05:46 AM

Siobban: string for APD

Hi! I am using Polyfibre TCS with the new APD. Feels quite good but only played once with this setup at 52 string tension. Feels better in terms of feel if compared with RPM Blast 18 at 48 tension. Good access to spin and blends well with the APD. Also, getting used to the extra power and lower swingweight of this new APD. So, do you have any preferred string setup? Last time I asked you were beginning to use the racket and had not yet concentrated on finding an ideal string setup.

TW Staff 01-29-2013 06:07 AM

@Boricua,

The first thing I'll say is I agree with you on your tension range. I used to play with my Pure Drives and Wilson Blade Team strung closer to the 60 range, and since working at TW I'm a hugeeeee fan of dropping my tension to the very early 50s. I haven't actually tried Polyfibre TCS in it, and won't be able to in the near future so let me know how it's been going for you. I don't have much to complain about with a string like RPM Blast, because it's a great, standard poly - other than that I enjoy other strings a bit more for the excitement.

The Aero is really fun to play with, and you're right the power is pretty up there but I particularly enjoy the feel and the response off the string bed. I just feel more connected to a lot of my shots - whether the control is actually there or just in my head is yet to be decided but at least I think it's better!

A couple suggestions to try and maybe this can help my string choice when I get a chance to string up an Aero in the near future: Gosen Polylon in the honey color if you like it crisper, and the black if you like it a little deader - I playtested that in the old Aero and for having such a great price point I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Maybe the 2013 would play well with it too? Also, Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power, or Volkl Cyclone would be default choices if I had the time to decide my perfect string set up. I am also a big fan of WEISS CANNON Mosquito Bite.

So, in full, I haven't found my perfect set up yet, but would love to know how you're finding the Aero with your setups.

Siobhan, TW

Power Player 01-29-2013 06:14 AM

Siobhan if you like RPM Blast, I would be interested in what you think of gosen polybreak. I feel like polybreak is super underrated for what it does.

Boricua 01-29-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Player (Post 7177103)
Siobhan if you like RPM Blast, I would be interested in what you think of gosen polybreak. I feel like polybreak is super underrated for what it does.

Power player, how does Polybreak compare with Black5Edge?

Power Player 01-31-2013 06:23 AM

I like it better in every category. Not a fan of B5E.