Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cheaper tennis clothing. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452107)

Surecatch 01-23-2013 09:34 AM

Cheaper tennis clothing.

I am fascinated by the threads here that tell of huge collections of the latest gear being worn by the big guys because I collect stuff too....but not tennis clothes. I'm po', and could never afford all that stuff. But still I'm fascinated by the pics'....it's sort of like window shopping.

If you are a cheap duds hound, check in here. I buy the sweat wicking type shirts from Meijers in solid colors for $10 and I love them....got a red one, a grey one, a blue one, and a white Champion shirt from Target for $13. Love them. I've got three pairs of shorts for tennis....a couple of Adidas that were pretty cheap at Khols and an Under Armour pair I got for Christmas. Asics Gel Game 4 on the wheels and I'm pretty well, but affordably, outfitted to take the court.

Anyone else go for the cheap stuff? Personally, I love it the solid colors. And the price.

mikeler 01-23-2013 10:03 AM

Costco and BJs have some lower priced products like the Champion series from Target.

heninfan99 01-23-2013 10:19 AM

The last few years I've been finding FILA stuff at good prices. Especially at Kohls.

ssgator80 01-23-2013 10:20 AM

My man Mikeler is a fashion guru. Always sporting the latest fashions. LOL

Al Czervik 01-23-2013 10:22 AM

Champion shirts are pretty good, but I had a pair of their sweatpants break down after one trip through the washing machine

tapatio 01-23-2013 10:34 AM

Recently bought a few shirts and shorts from Diadora (50% off) spent around $14-16 per item. Great quality BTY

bosssauce 01-23-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapatio (Post 7154106)
Recently bought a few shirts and shorts from Diadora (50% off) spent around $14-16 per item. Great quality BTY

nice buy where?

hittman10 01-23-2013 11:07 AM

Love those champion tshirts from Target. Also, tjmaxx, marshalls, etc.. are great places to find stuff

snoopy 01-23-2013 06:16 PM

I'm not a big fan of the C9 shirts at Target. The lower priced C9 shirts were very flimsy, you could see right through the fabric. The better made C9 shirts were too expensive, costing over $20. In the mid $20 price range I can find a good quality shirt from TW's discount section or go to Marshalls and find something decent. However, I understand it's not always easy to find discounted shirts if you are a size Medium.

A shirt that fit's well, is made of comfortable material, that doesn't come apart after a few washes and looks decent is worth a bit of extra money. But I only play once or twice a week and don't need a closet full of tennis gear.

mmk 01-23-2013 06:37 PM

Yep, I wear Champion shirts, but I do have a pair each of Wilson & Fila shorts, but only because they were on closeout and I already had other purchases to put me in free shipping. When I wear my red Champion shirt with my red Wilson shorts my wife asks if I'm trying to blind my opponent. Because of past ankle problems I don't skimp on shoes, going with GR4s, but I did just pick up two pair since they are on closeout.

Relinquis 01-23-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surecatch (Post 7153908)
[...]

Anyone else go for the cheap stuff? Personally, I love it the solid colors. And the price.

That's all i wear when playing sports. The cheapest plain T-shirts on sale. Preferably with no branding/signs and if it is 100% cotton even better. None of the fancy synthetic stuff. It's tennis, not skiing. You don't need special clothing.

Well, I also wear any old novelty T-shirts or polos, but i don't really have many of those.

I see no point in buying designer sportswear, although i know some people like that. It's ok. I prefer the look/feel of a plain T-Shirt and shorts.

When you're spending more on your T-Shirts ans Shorts than you do on tennis lessons, you know you have a problem...

mmk 01-24-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relinquis (Post 7156586)
That's all i wear when playing sports. The cheapest plain T-shirts on sale. Preferably with no branding/signs and if it is 100% cotton even better. None of the fancy synthetic stuff. It's tennis, not skiing. You don't need special clothing.....

I used to wear cotton, but I would get totally soaked, which doesn't happen with the synthetics. But I only buy the cheap ones.

McLovin 01-24-2013 04:23 AM

I wear all the name brands (Nike, adidas, Yonex, etc.), but buy last years (or in some cases, two years ago) stuff.

I've found that if you (1) buy TW gift cards when they go on sale (20% just before X-mas), then hold them until they have a "10-20% off clearance items" sale, you can get real good deals. For example, I picked this up in black & yellow for ~ $18:

I think it retailed over $50. You just need to be on top of things, and stock up when stuff you like goes on sale.

I don't think I've paid over $20 for either a shirt or shorts ever.

Surecatch 01-24-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relinquis (Post 7156586)
That's all i wear when playing sports. The cheapest plain T-shirts on sale. Preferably with no branding/signs and if it is 100% cotton even better. None of the fancy synthetic stuff. It's tennis, not skiing. You don't need special clothing.

Well, I also wear any old novelty T-shirts or polos, but i don't really have many of those.

I see no point in buying designer sportswear, although i know some people like that. It's ok. I prefer the look/feel of a plain T-Shirt and shorts.

When you're spending more on your T-Shirts ans Shorts than you do on tennis lessons, you know you have a problem...

Since the "synthetic" stuff has become popular and widely available, I can't stand 100% cotton anymore...it soaks, and the newer materials don't and it's much more comfortable. I still prefer the cheap stuff though...MTA, Target, or brand names at discount places like Kohl's etc.

texacali 01-24-2013 11:14 AM

I really like the Target C9 t-shirts, the cheap ones. I love when they go on sale for $4.00. I just bought three of them. Haven't found them to be flimsy or see through at all and actually like the fit. Also have a lot of adidas logo t-shirts that I picked up for $5.00 at their outlet and though I like the substantial feel of them, they are quite large and baggy. I play in the desert and I haven't been bothered by getting too sweat soaked at all. My shorts are mostly adidas climalites, not necessarily tennis shorts but they have pockets so they work. Like those alot...they acommodate my gut better than my Nike shorts. Honestly, I can't see buying any tennis clothes for more than $10.00...see my signature line.

ellipticality_224 01-24-2013 12:29 PM

Check clearance racks at TJ maxx, or anywhere for that matter. You can usually find tech tees or Nike dri fits, even under armour and other unotables like Hind and 8 layer for 6 to 19 dollars. I have never payed over 30 dollars for a shirt like that (that probably costs 2 bucks to make), but carhartt shirts and jeans, thats a different story.

bosssauce 01-24-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hittman10 (Post 7154223)
Love those champion tshirts from Target. Also, tjmaxx, marshalls, etc.. are great places to find stuff

love those places

THE FIGHTER 01-24-2013 03:27 PM

i wonder how cheap berdychs clothes will be

THE FIGHTER 01-24-2013 03:28 PM

by cheap i mean affordable

downdaline 01-24-2013 04:36 PM

I just got back from a trip to London.

Picked up a handful of sports shirts from H&M. Very plain designs, no fancy patterns, but very cheap and good design. Think I paid about 8quid per shirt - which is still cheaper than my usual Nikes.