Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wilson rush pro (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452115)

Jqlevy 01-23-2013 10:59 AM

Wilson rush pro

Has anyone tried them? They look really cool

bosssauce 01-23-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jqlevy (Post 7154200)
Has anyone tried them? They look really cool

Think i may have to bc of the 6 month warranty

TW Staff 01-23-2013 12:00 PM

Andy has tried them and is liking them. Check out his quick review on them: http://blog.tenniswarehouse.com/tenn...rush-pro-shoe/

Tiffani, TW

JackB1 02-04-2013 01:29 PM

they are super comfortable, but $120 a pop!!! ???

mmk 02-04-2013 01:47 PM

I tried on a bunch of shoes a few Saturdays back, including the Rush Pro. I think the best way to describe the difference between the Rush Pro and something like a GR4 is like a big comfortable Buick (Rush Pro) and an Infiniti G37 Coupe (GR4). The Rush Pro was very comfortable, but there was not much feel.

bosssauce 02-04-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmk (Post 7191313)
I tried on a bunch of shoes a few Saturdays back, including the Rush Pro. I think the best way to describe the difference between the Rush Pro and something like a GR4 is like a big comfortable Buick (Rush Pro) and an Infiniti G37 Coupe (GR4). The Rush Pro was very comfortable, but there was not much feel.

Did it seem durable?

mmk 02-06-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosssauce (Post 7191325)
Did it seem durable?

I didn't keep it on long enough to say, I just knew it wasn't the right shoe for me.

bosssauce 02-06-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmk (Post 7195014)
I didn't keep it on long enough to say, I just knew it wasn't the right shoe for me.

oh thanks anyway

dflores 02-07-2013 09:43 AM

So far so good. Comfortable fore foot with narrow heel cup that fits nicely. Well cushioned. Durability is not known but not something I've ever been really concerned with, which is why I'm also on my 6th pair of Vapor 9's.

JackB1 02-07-2013 10:57 AM

this seems like it has a very good quality stock insole

bosssauce 02-07-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dflores (Post 7198032)
So far so good. Comfortable fore foot with narrow heel cup that fits nicely. Well cushioned. Durability is not known but not something I've ever been really concerned with, which is why I'm also on my 6th pair of Vapor 9's.

Is the toe have a lot of rubber?

hidude2009 02-08-2013 02:03 PM

Tennis.com has reviewed the shoe, if anyone is interested.

http://www.tennis.com/gear/2012/12/p.../#.URWD9KWeOSo

chaddles 02-11-2013 02:00 AM

Got my pair today in the Lime, and they feel awesome. Hopefully giving them game time tomorrow night. They are a great looking shoe, the lime colour is awesome.

Vlad_C 02-11-2013 03:08 AM

If a running shoe did it with a Crocs, their offspring would look just like the new Wilson Rush Pro. :shock:

bosssauce 02-17-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddles (Post 7206172)
Got my pair today in the Lime, and they feel awesome. Hopefully giving them game time tomorrow night. They are a great looking shoe, the lime colour is awesome.

How do you feel they played? I bought mine and am testing now. So far I feel they they are very comfortable but along with that heavy and a little clunky. They hold my foot well and hopefully will be durable.

keithfival 02-21-2013 05:35 AM

So far so good for me

I was near panic when I got the Rush (non "pro" but similar I think) as the warranty replacement for my beloved Tour Visions. (Why do all my favs get discontinued?!?!)

I'm happy to say that after three times out (including 5 sets of singles yesterday) they are working for me well, in some ways maybe better.

They have a generous forefoot like the TV but the midfoot around the arch is a good bit narrower which I feel gives more support. They also sit lower to the ground than the TV which feels better on my Achilles which tended to get tight in the TV's (I wear additional insert making them even higher). Also, there seems to be more rubber on the sole, hard to say for sure, but looks to be more durable than the TV sole which showed significant wear for me after 3 uses.

They were also veeeery comfy right out of the box, the first time I wore them I completely forgot about them until after the match.

So, if I got more than 6 weeks out of them (that's what I got out of TV) I will probably bite the $120 bullet plus the free warranty pair.

keithfival 02-21-2013 07:30 PM

Played again in the Rush, these are solid. They remind me of a cross btw Tour Vision and T22's. Cushiony comfort and generous forefoot of the TV but with that low to the ground/racing tire feel of the T22.

It's a little hard to read the wear since the entire sole is red with very little texture to be worn off, but so far it seems better than TV.

Very solid shoe.

JGads 02-21-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithfival (Post 7229564)
Played again in the Rush, these are solid. They remind me of a cross btw Tour Vision and T22's. Cushiony comfort and generous forefoot of the TV but with that low to the ground/racing tire feel of the T22.

It's a little hard to read the wear since the entire sole is red with very little texture to be worn off, but so far it seems better than TV.

Very solid shoe.

Do these narrow a lot in the midfoot? I slipped my foot into the rush pro and the forefoot was wide and plush while the midfoot seemed to narrow like a funnel. Wilson shoes are always on my radar because I have wide feet and LOVED the Tour Visions. (Only complaint was a lack of ventilation made them pretty hot but all else was nice)

chaddles 02-22-2013 02:28 AM

The mid foot is really narrow, and it absolutely killed my foot. I lasted 15-20 mins during a practice session before I had to rip them off & go to the Big Shots. They feel great when you put them on but really hurt me after a very short period. Such a shame cause I loved the look of them.

Gonzalito17 02-22-2013 05:00 AM

Lime shoe looks great, like Rafa's 2.3 Ballistic. I like the look of the shoe more than the Ikon which was a stable solid shoe. Gonna try this one for sure.