Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Today was terrible for me. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452204)

Overdrive 01-23-2013 08:52 PM

Today was terrible for me.

Today, practice was awful. The worst I had since I started playing almost 4 years ago. For about 15-20 minutes, I played with 3.0 players who had the usual strengths and weaknesses.Then, once again, I kept getting the run around from the top seeded players on my team to play with someone else. :mad:
Finally, I had the chance to play with someone a little better. However, he was a usual big hitter (Adam) and didn't have good rallies. Then, Peter (the foreigner from Czech Republic) starts playing for the first time while being looked at by coach. Typical ballbasher with a Wilson BLX with basic weapons. He can serve big, but not consistent.

The majority of the players had to leave to do other things, so it was me, coach, Peter, Adam, a girl, and three other players who are 0.0.
The plan was the coach was going to teach the three players for around 1-2 hours. Instead, I had to play with these three (wasting my time and energy although there is nothing wrong with helping out) while he did little to no coach at all. All he did was show them tips that had very little effect and eventually abandoned them and me to play doubles with Peter, Adam, and the other girl (Katie who has very moderate tendonitis on her arm). :confused: Then, while reaching for a short ball, I slipped on another ball and sprained my ankle. :oops: I actually heard it pop when it happened. Adding insult to injury, coach did not say anything regarding my injury or what happened to me.

Although it was my fault for not paying attention to the balls of the ground, this could've been completely avoided if I went and practiced with Peter, Adam, and Katie. Instead, I'm sitting here eating Raisin Bran and watching a boring match between Azarenka and Stephens... :cry:
I'm nearly done with these people.. I wanted to yell at coach, but I maintained my composure.

How long does sprained ankles usually take to heal? I was hoping to be near 100% by monday. I just took 2 tablets of Advil (out of Ibuprofen) and about to rub some Bengay on me.

KineticChain 01-23-2013 09:00 PM

could be worse.. at least you don't have Ebola. Terrible virus to contract

Overdrive 01-23-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KineticChain (Post 7156100)
could be worse.. at least you don't have Ebola. Terrible virus to contract

If you don't have anything relevant to say about the topic, please don't post. It was unecessary and out of place. :)

jigglypuff 01-23-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7156073)
Today, practice was awful. The worst I had since I started playing almost 4 years ago. For about 15-20 minutes, I played with 3.0 players who had the usual strengths and weaknesses.Then, once again, I kept getting the run around from the top seeded players on my team to play with someone else. :mad:
Finally, I had the chance to play with someone a little better. However, he was a usual big hitter (Adam) and didn't have good rallies. Then, Peter (the foreigner from Czech Republic) starts playing for the first time while being looked at by coach. Typical ballbasher with a Wilson BLX with basic weapons. He can serve big, but not consistent.

The majority of the players had to leave to do other things, so it was me, coach, Peter, Adam, a girl, and three other players who are 0.0.
The plan was the coach was going to teach the three players for around 1-2 hours. Instead, I had to play with these three (wasting my time and energy although there is nothing wrong with helping out) while he did little to no coach at all. All he did was show them tips that had very little effect and eventually abandoned them and me to play doubles with Peter, Adam, and the other girl (Katie who has very moderate tendonitis on her arm). :confused: Then, while reaching for a short ball, I slipped on another ball and sprained my ankle. :oops: I actually heard it pop when it happened. Adding insult to injury, coach did not say anything regarding my injury or what happened to me.

Although it was my fault for not paying attention to the balls of the ground, this could've been completely avoided if I went and practiced with Peter, Adam, and Katie. Instead, I'm sitting here eating Raisin Bran and watching a boring match between Azarenka and Stephens... :cry:
I'm nearly done with these people.. I wanted to yell at coach, but I maintained my composure.

How long does sprained ankles usually take to heal? I was hoping to be near 100% by monday. I just took 2 tablets of Advil (out of Ibuprofen) and about to rub some Bengay on me.

When I was young, it'd take 2 days of rest and icing. Now...a month if I'm lucky.

Overdrive 01-23-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglypuff (Post 7156157)
When I was young, it'd take 2 days of rest and icing. Now...a month if I'm lucky.

Really? I hope it takes 2 days for me. I looked it up on WebMD, and I'm not supposed to walk on my injured foot until it begins to heal or I'll permanently injure it.

Alohajrtennis 01-23-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7156073)

1. Azerenka Stephens match was not boring. You must have missed the end.
2. Everyone heals at their own rate. Look at Adrian Peterson. Dont forget the ice. Also depend of severity of sprain. Couple weeks rest might be just what you need.

Overdrive 01-23-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alohajrtennis (Post 7156393)
1. Azerenka Stephens match was not boring. You must have missed the end.
2. Everyone heals at their own rate. Look at Adrian Peterson. Dont forget the ice. Also depend of severity of sprain. Couple weeks rest might be just what you need.

Actually, I did missed the end. Didn't know the actions Azarenka did was legal. :-?
I hope I can heal near to 100% in four days. I don't want to be out for a few weeks. We already wasted 2 weeks of practice due to weather and emergencies. :-|

Alohajrtennis 01-23-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7156415)
Actually, I did missed the end. Didn't know the actions Azarenka did was legal. :-?
I hope I can heal near to 100% in four days. I don't want to be out for a few weeks. We already wasted 2 weeks of practice due to weather and emergencies. :-|

They were not, based on her after match interviews, where she admitted to cheating.

If ITF Had any balls they would DSQ her from the final,vacate her win, her behavior was despicable and a strong statement needs to get made, ASAP, unless choking, and I don't mean on a chicken bone, becomes a valid excuse for a medical time out.

I they don't do any thing, if there are no serious sanctions, this will be a dark days for women's tennis. Gamesmanship is one thing, this was blatant cheating, which would make your average junior hooker cringe.

Go li na.

Overdrive 01-23-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alohajrtennis (Post 7156441)
They were not, based on her after match interviews, where she admitted to cheating.

If ITF Had any balls they would DSQ her from the final,vacate her win, her behavior was despicable and a strong statement needs to get made, ASAP, unless choking, and I don't mean on a chicken bone, becomes a valid excuse for a medical time out.

I they don't do any thing, if there are no serious sanctions, this will be a dark days for women's tennis. Gamesmanship is one thing, this was blatant cheating, which would make your average junior hooker cringe.

Go li na.

Okay, gamesmanship is how a person plays correct?

This does make sense. I wonder if there's a social media backlash on this. It would give more weight to DQ her. If she does get disqualified, would she lose all of her earnings from the Open?

Alohajrtennis 01-23-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7156479)

This does make sense. I wonder if there's a social media backlash on this. It would give more weight to DQ her. If she does get disqualified, would she lose all of her earnings from the Open?

Gameship is how a person plays within the rules. If the rules say you get 90 seconds at change over, and your opponent wants to pay faster, but you make them wait, all 90 secs, that's gamesmanship.

Cheating is cheating.

She admitted after the match that she lied about the injuries she used to justify her 10 minute break.

That's like admitting after the match you cheated by calling a couple balls out you knew where in.

She cheated, plain and simple.

Alohajrtennis 01-23-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7156479)

Yes, there will be a backlash, I am not the only one upset :

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...05#post7156505

Check out twitter as well check out #ausopen

Overdrive 01-23-2013 11:17 PM

Well, although I hate social media, I hope this will be enough to DQ her and allow Stephens to play Li. :)

Alohajrtennis 01-23-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7156554)
Well, although I hate social media, I hope this will be enough to DQ her and allow Stephens to play Li. :)

As much as I'd like to see it, it's not going to happen. Cowards in charge won't do anything about the pathetic grunting and yelping and god what the frack was that sound ?? nonsense.

Overdrive 01-23-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alohajrtennis (Post 7156567)
As much as I'd like to see it, it's not going to happen. Cowards in charge won't do anything about the pathetic grunting and yelping and god what the frack was that sound ?? nonsense.

If it doesn't, this gives Li another reason to beat her. Restoring what little is left in WTA tennis. :)

I remember during the beginning of the match, a member of the stands imitated her wail and everyone laughed. :neutral:

Errani/Vinci has wail that is just as bad as hers. Woopaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

That's exactly what I heard when they played the Williams in doubles.

tball2day 01-24-2013 06:37 AM

It is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Just won't watch women's tennis with that horrific sound that goes on and on and on till the ball has been returned by the OTHER player. And since the wailers don't do it in practice I have to assume its just gamesmanship to be annoying. For many like me, it has ruined WT.

Thrilled when Sharapova loses and have never watched last night's cheater. Won't support it. Couldn't give me a front row ticket of a slam to watch them. But will try to support Sloane, just can't when she is playing this noise (I could with volume off, I just lost interest in all WT). Just how it is.

Overdrive 01-24-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tball2day (Post 7157577)
It is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Just won't watch women's tennis with that horrific sound that goes on and on and on till the ball has been returned by the OTHER player. And since the wailers don't do it in practice I have to assume its just gamesmanship to be annoying. For many like me, it has ruined WT.

Thrilled when Sharapova loses and have never watched last night's cheater. Won't support it. Couldn't give me a front row ticket of a slam to watch them. But will try to support Sloane, just can't when she is playing this noise (I could with volume off, I just lost interest in all WT). Just how it is.

Well, you aren't the only one.
I'm not going to watch the final until the very end. :)

tennis5 01-24-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alohajrtennis (Post 7156512)
Yes, there will be a backlash, I am not the only one upset :

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...05#post7156505

Check out twitter as well check out #ausopen

For all the juniors watching AO this week, they are witness to shrieking that is worse than a jackhammer or living near an airport,
Serena smashing her racquet to bits, and the medical timeout for choking ( we see this all the time as the long bathroom break).
And then we wonder why juniors behave the way they do?

Sloane is my new hero. Class Act.

andfor 01-24-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis5 (Post 7158000)
For all the juniors watching AO this week, they are witness to shrieking that is worse than a jackhammer or living near an airport,
Serena smashing her racquet to bits, and the medical timeout for choking ( we see this all the time as the long bathroom break).
And then we wonder why juniors behave the way they do?

Sloane is my new hero. Class Act.

Hope she stays that way. We'll see when success and pressure really mount for her.