Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Yonex Vcore 97 (310) (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452234)

Boricua 01-24-2013 03:19 AM

Yonex Vcore 97 (310)
 
I have been using the Aeroprodrive 2013 version but need a bit more feel, less power and a bit more comfort for my mildly aching elbow. I like to drive the ball and sometimes use windshield type stroke to generate topspin. Trying to determine if I should get the tweener VCore 100 xi or the more player's racket Vcore 97 (310)

I used in the past the VCORE 97 330 version and it was too heavy for me. I also used the VCORE 100 S and it felt too light. So, maybe the VCORE 97 (310) is a mix of those two?

How does the VCore 97 (310) racket compare with the VCore 100 xi in terms of stability, power, feel and spin generation?

Is TW going to review the VCore 97 (310) racket?

TW Staff 01-24-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7157167)
I have been using the Aeroprodrive 2013 version but need a bit more feel, less power and a bit more comfort for my mildly aching elbow. I like to drive the ball and sometimes use windshield type stroke to generate topspin. Trying to determine if I should get the tweener VCore 100 xi or the more player's racket Vcore 97 (310)

I used in the past the VCORE 97 330 version and it was too heavy for me. I also used the VCORE 100 S and it felt too light. So, maybe the VCORE 97 (310) is a mix of those two?

How does the VCore 97 (310) racket compare with the VCore 100 xi in terms of stability, power, feel and spin generation?

Is TW going to review the VCore 97 (310) racket?

I think the VCore 97 310 would be a perfect, right-in-the-middle fit for you. We are currently testing it now (look for the review in the coming weeks), and our playtesters prefer the 310 version over the 330. It's going to have a little more stability, plowthrough and feel compared to the 100 Xi, but won't have the same maneuverability and power potential.

Andy, TW

Boricua 01-24-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7158272)
I think the VCore 97 310 would be a perfect, right-in-the-middle fit for you. We are currently testing it now (look for the review in the coming weeks), and our playtesters prefer the 310 version over the 330. It's going to have a little more stability, plowthrough and feel compared to the 100 Xi, but won't have the same maneuverability and power potential.

Andy, TW

Is it similar in any way to the RDIS 100 MP? And, how is it different? I used that RDIS MP for some time. I know you use the RDIS 100 mid so maybe you can tell me a bit. Is this 310 version a racket you would change to or are you happy with your RDIS? In my case I have too act according to comparisons and reviews as I cant demo as I live in Puerto Rico. Thanks.

TW Staff 01-24-2013 10:44 AM

The VCore has a crisper, livelier feel compared to the RDiS. It's also more stable than the RDiS MP. Personally, I would not switch to the 310 version, but that doesn't mean it's not a good racquet. If you liked the RDiS MP, I think you'll like the VCore 97 310. It's an upgrade in my opinion.

Andy, TW

Boricua 01-24-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7158377)
The VCore has a crisper, livelier feel compared to the RDiS. It's also more stable than the RDiS MP. Personally, I would not switch to the 310 version, but that doesn't mean it's not a good racquet. If you liked the RDiS MP, I think you'll like the VCore 97 310. It's an upgrade in my opinion.

Andy, TW

I think you will only switch when Yonex makes a racket with similar specs and feel as your RDIS 100 mid, :) and thanks for your advice and comments.

Boricua 01-24-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7158272)
I think the VCore 97 310 would be a perfect, right-in-the-middle fit for you. We are currently testing it now (look for the review in the coming weeks), and our playtesters prefer the 310 version over the 330. It's going to have a little more stability, plowthrough and feel compared to the 100 Xi, but won't have the same maneuverability and power potential.

Andy, TW

I think control is better than power especially if the power is excessive in a racket. I suspect that the xi 100 has a bit of that excessive power and somewhat unstable due to the lack of mass. Would you agree?

TW Staff 01-24-2013 11:37 AM

Yes, I would concur.

Andy, TW

Boricua 02-06-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7158272)
I think the VCore 97 310 would be a perfect, right-in-the-middle fit for you. We are currently testing it now (look for the review in the coming weeks), and our playtesters prefer the 310 version over the 330. It's going to have a little more stability, plowthrough and feel compared to the 100 Xi, but won't have the same maneuverability and power potential.

Andy, TW

Were you able to hit with the 330 VCORE TOUR 97? What was your impression of it?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse