Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Durability Under rated for vapor 9s? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452317)

darklore009 01-24-2013 03:26 PM

Durability Under rated for vapor 9s?
 
well, everyone are saying that the vapors series have terrible durability. for my case, doesn't seem to be the case. i had the volt/black/grey ones and it has been over 6 months. it does wear out where i normally wear it out, but overall it's still good. i do play everyday for at least 2 hours.i can put a hole in a barricade 7s in 5 months, but these are holding up well. maybe it just me.

bosssauce 01-24-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklore009 (Post 7159117)
well, everyone are saying that the vapors series have terrible durability. for my case, doesn't seem to be the case. i had the volt/black/grey ones and it has been over 6 months. it does wear out where i normally wear it out, but overall it's still good. i do play everyday for at least 2 hours.i can put a hole in a barricade 7s in 5 months, but these are holding up well. maybe it just me.

Its just you they took me a week

NJ1 01-24-2013 04:07 PM

You must be very easy on your shoes if you can't wear through Vapors and it takes you 280 hours to wear through a pair of Barricade 7s. Mine are gone after about 60 hours, and that's the best I can get from a shoe, 3.3s were about half that. Run more, chat less.

darklore009 01-24-2013 04:13 PM

i guess, the barricades are kinda bulky imo. it forces me to say one the ground. causing to grind it. the vapor in the other hand allows me "float" in the air sorta.

PhotoBlue 01-24-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklore009 (Post 7159117)
well, everyone are saying that the vapors series have terrible durability. for my case, doesn't seem to be the case. i had the volt/black/grey ones and it has been over 6 months. it does wear out where i normally wear it out, but overall it's still good. i do play everyday for at least 2 hours.i can put a hole in a barricade 7s in 5 months, but these are holding up well. maybe it just me.

This is what mine look like in a month. And I don't play in them every time I play.

bosssauce 01-24-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklore009 (Post 7159298)
i guess, the barricades are kinda bulky imo. it forces me to say one the ground. causing to grind it. the vapor in the other hand allows me "float" in the air sorta.

your shoe changes your stroke?

VaporDude95 01-24-2013 04:56 PM

Well a pair of vapor 8's lasted me almost a year with me playing 4 times a week. My vapor 9's are holding up very well too so it's not just you.

Arsnlrob 01-24-2013 05:23 PM

Mine are holding up really nicely. Of course it helps that I play 80% of the time on clay. Actually need some Ortholite insoles since my current pair has a few holes.

Boredsurfer 01-24-2013 09:38 PM

Guys it usually depends how heavy you are.

Factors such as the type of surface you play on, duration, frequency etc.etc of course accelerate the wear, but if you are over 200lbs, you are gonna burn through shoes.

sports4eva115 01-24-2013 09:41 PM

the outsole hold up well for a lightweight shoe but the toe durability just doesnt hold up for me... 2 sessions and I burned a hole towards the top of the toe area

Bobby Jr 01-24-2013 09:59 PM

My first pair seem fine after about 10 months of regular use. The outsole is worn flat in a few places but otherwise they're fine. I just use them for hard courts and a newer pair for artificial grass or the rare occasions I play on clay.

hcb0804 01-25-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredsurfer (Post 7160154)
Guys it usually depends how heavy you are.

Factors such as the type of surface you play on, duration, frequency etc.etc of course accelerate the wear, but if you are over 200lbs, you are gonna burn through shoes.

Wrong. I am over 200 and I am very easy on shoes. It depends on style of play, if you drag your feet, slide, serve & volley, baseliner, surface, etc, etc.

The Meat 01-25-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcb0804 (Post 7160449)
Wrong. I am over 200 and I am very easy on shoes. It depends on style of play, if you drag your feet, slide, serve & volley, baseliner, etc, etc.

Just adding to that, I'm 160lbs and play fast so I slide a lot. I kill Vapor 9's in less than 2 months if I'm careful with my footwork, avoiding heavy sweeps on the court.

West Coast Ace 01-25-2013 01:01 AM

Mine are fine too; not a foot dragger.

mxmx 01-25-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosssauce (Post 7159393)
your shoe changes your stroke?

well, shoes can certainly have an effect on footwork, and thus your stroke :P

NJ1 01-25-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boredsurfer (Post 7160154)
Guys it usually depends how heavy you are.

Factors such as the type of surface you play on, duration, frequency etc.etc of course accelerate the wear, but if you are over 200lbs, you are gonna burn through shoes.

Yup, as HCB says this is totally wrong. It's about speed and style of play.

bosssauce 01-25-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxmx (Post 7162329)
well, shoes can certainly have an effect on footwork, and thus your stroke :P

Never heard of that

parasailing 01-25-2013 05:19 PM

This definitely doesn't last long if you play on hard courts and slide around a bit. They definitely put thinner amount of sole in the back of the heel which for me ends up ends up wearing up in a couple months while the front of the shoe starts getting bald.

But what can you say, it's the lighted and most supportive shoe out there so there's not much choice.

mxmx 01-28-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosssauce (Post 7164187)
Never heard of that

To me its obvious...a lighter shoe, will be easier to have quick feet. This is why some shoes are called "fast" instead of "durable" etc.

I once wore heavy barracades, and it was partially the reason i twisted my ankle. It felt big and bulky and affected my footwork. Bad footwork, will be the difference between hitting the ball in your comfort zone, and not.

bosssauce 01-28-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxmx (Post 7173838)
To me its obvious...a lighter shoe, will be easier to have quick feet. This is why some shoes are called "fast" instead of "durable" etc.

I once wore heavy barracades, and it was partially the reason i twisted my ankle. It felt big and bulky and affected my footwork. Bad footwork, will be the difference between hitting the ball in your comfort zone, and not.

yeh if you get lighter shoes though you dont start jumping and if you have good footwork shoes wont matter


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse