Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Fed yelled to Murray at net (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452381)

jorel 01-25-2013 04:42 AM

What Fed yelled to Murray at net

was anyone at the match can tell us???

JRAJ1988 01-25-2013 04:44 AM

I don't know what he said but it rattled Murray.

JRAJ1988 01-25-2013 04:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJatAb1IWAs

Dark Magician 01-25-2013 04:55 AM

Fed : "Keep this point kid, i m taking this set".
Andy : "Keep this set oldie, i am winning the next" ;)

Warmaster 01-25-2013 04:59 AM

Your mother was a hamster!

Kilco 01-25-2013 05:01 AM

Lack of class shown from Federer, Sure Murray gets annoyed at himself but he doesn't curse at his opponents. Grow up Fed, you can't win everything so don't go down cursing your opponents and getting angry with umpires for no reason!

Jeffrey573639 01-25-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilco (Post 7162904)
Lack of class shown from Federer, Sure Murray gets annoyed at himself but he doesn't curse at his opponents. Grow up Fed, you can't win everything so don't go down cursing your opponents and getting angry with umpires for no reason!

It wasn't particularily classy but tell me the last time Fed did something like this.

heninfan99 01-25-2013 05:03 AM

Roger: Give me some of your PEDs!!! This isn't fair.
Andy: Sorry, mate. That's me private stash.

JustBob 01-25-2013 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warmaster (Post 7162893)
Your mother was a hamster!

Correct, he just didn't have time to shout the entire thing:

"I don't want to play with you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

mariecon 01-25-2013 05:05 AM

Murray and class can not be used in the same sentence. Murray is the most notorious foulmouth on tour. So Fed loses it once. Can't compare.

Shady_Sawyer 01-25-2013 05:05 AM

i think murray was messing with him with his gestures after winning some points. thats what pumped federer up.

always_crosscourt 01-25-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7162886)
Hahahaha, I wish!

Haha, and if Murray did something similar to Federer, we'd never hear the end of it from you.

Your hero is a mug and a sore loser.

Kilco 01-25-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariecon (Post 7162925)
Murray and class can not be used in the same sentence. Murray is the most notorious foulmouth on tour. So Fed loses it once. Can't compare.

Wow!! How can Murray not be a class act. He is great with the press, very respectful to everyone he talks to. He always congratulates his oppenents with they have gotten the better of him, even in grand slam finals and matches where he could have been forgiven for being sour about his loss. Sure he gets annoyed with himself on the court but that is at himself. He never directs it at anyone in a disrespectful way. He carries himself well off the court and is a very down to earth nice guy. Many people who have spoken with him and dealt with him have mentioned many of these things. That is class.

mariecon 01-25-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilco (Post 7163007)
Wow!! How can Murray not be a class act. He is great with the press, very respectful to everyone he talks to. He always congratulates his oppenents with they have gotten the better of him, even in grand slam finals and matches where he could have been forgiven for being sour about his loss. Sure he gets annoyed with himself on the court but that is at himself. He never directs it at anyone in a disrespectful way. He carries himself well off the court and is a very down to earth nice guy. Many people who have spoken with him and dealt with him have mentioned many of these things. That is class.

I guess you forget Murray aiming at Fed's head at Wimbledon last year and before that, hitting Tsonga in the b*lls. That's class? Murray constantly swears on court. And no one knows for sure what Federer said in that shot or whether it was directed at Murray or himself. He could have just as easily been telling himself to stop it (whatever "it" was).

newyorkstadium 01-25-2013 05:28 AM

How do we know he wasn't talking to the crowd, or someone in the crowd? "****ing stop" can mean numerous things. Maybe muzza misinterpreted him

Kilco 01-25-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariecon (Post 7163040)
I guess you forget Murray aiming at Fed's head at Wimbledon last year and before that, hitting Tsonga in the b*lls. That's class? Murray constantly swears on court. And no one knows for sure what Federer said in that shot or whether it was directed at Murray or himself. He could have just as easily been telling himself to stop it (whatever "it" was).

Haha :) Murray aiming at Feds head? Hitting Tsonga in the balls? I say any tennis player has the right to hit the ball at any player if that is what they deem the best shot to hit! It's a legit shot so nothing wrong with it. Like doubles, if you get a chance aim straight for the body and put away the next one. Murray just ran for a ball and hit it as hard as he could in the best way to in the point. Nothing wrong with that. If Fed aimed his words at himself then that is fine but he seemed to stop look at Murray, and then say it. If that is the case then it wasn't very nice.

vive le beau jeu ! 01-25-2013 05:38 AM

... miserable git ?

SystemicAnomaly 01-25-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilco (Post 7163007)

Since Murray hooked up with Lendl, he's become a headhunter. Lendl was notorious for this behavior when he was on the tour. Did you see that way he took a short shot when Roger was at the net and tried to blast him with it some time after the heated exchange? Murray has done this quite a few times in the past year or 2. Murray, himself, was very critical of this type of action before Lendl changed his thinking on it. Class act?

Steve0904 01-25-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilco (Post 7163063)
Haha :) Murray aiming at Feds head? Hitting Tsonga in the balls? I say any tennis player has the right to hit the ball at any player if that is what they deem the best shot to hit! It's a legit shot so nothing wrong with it. Like doubles, if you get a chance aim straight for the body and put away the next one. Murray just ran for a ball and hit it as hard as he could in the best way to in the point. Nothing wrong with that. If Fed aimed his words at himself then that is fine but he seemed to stop look at Murray, and then say it. If that is the case then it wasn't very nice.

Singles is not doubles. IMO going at a player when you have another shot available is not the best course of action, and Murray tried it twice in the Wimbledon final when he had another shot. He slipped and went t its up on the second one though. Either way, we know who taught it to him. The classy Mr. Lendl.

Hi I'm Ray 01-25-2013 05:47 AM

Haha, I didn't know about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRGhtzKrdoo until this thread. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve0904 (Post 7163140)
Singles is not doubles. IMO going at a player when you have another shot available is not the best course of action, and Murray tried it twice in the Wimbledon final when he had another shot. He slipped and went t its up on the second one though. Either way, we know who taught it to him. The classy Mr. Lendl.

Lendl's bringing the entertainment back!