Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Fed yelled to Murray at net (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452381)

jorel 01-25-2013 04:42 AM

What Fed yelled to Murray at net

was anyone at the match can tell us???

JRAJ1988 01-25-2013 04:44 AM

I don't know what he said but it rattled Murray.

JRAJ1988 01-25-2013 04:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJatAb1IWAs

Dark Magician 01-25-2013 04:55 AM

Fed : "Keep this point kid, i m taking this set".
Andy : "Keep this set oldie, i am winning the next" ;)

Warmaster 01-25-2013 04:59 AM

Your mother was a hamster!

heninfan99 01-25-2013 05:03 AM

Roger: Give me some of your PEDs!!! This isn't fair.
Andy: Sorry, mate. That's me private stash.

JustBob 01-25-2013 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warmaster (Post 7162893)
Your mother was a hamster!

Correct, he just didn't have time to shout the entire thing:

"I don't want to play with you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

mariecon 01-25-2013 05:05 AM

Murray and class can not be used in the same sentence. Murray is the most notorious foulmouth on tour. So Fed loses it once. Can't compare.

Shady_Sawyer 01-25-2013 05:05 AM

i think murray was messing with him with his gestures after winning some points. thats what pumped federer up.

always_crosscourt 01-25-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7162886)
Hahahaha, I wish!

Haha, and if Murray did something similar to Federer, we'd never hear the end of it from you.

Your hero is a mug and a sore loser.

newyorkstadium 01-25-2013 05:28 AM

How do we know he wasn't talking to the crowd, or someone in the crowd? "****ing stop" can mean numerous things. Maybe muzza misinterpreted him

vive le beau jeu ! 01-25-2013 05:38 AM

... miserable git ?

Hi I'm Ray 01-25-2013 05:47 AM

Haha, I didn't know about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRGhtzKrdoo until this thread. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve0904 (Post 7163140)
Singles is not doubles. IMO going at a player when you have another shot available is not the best course of action, and Murray tried it twice in the Wimbledon final when he had another shot. He slipped and went t its up on the second one though. Either way, we know who taught it to him. The classy Mr. Lendl.

Lendl's bringing the entertainment back!

Prisoner of Birth 01-25-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SystemicAnomaly (Post 7163127)
Since Murray hooked up with Lendl, he's become a headhunter. Lendl was notorious for this behavior when he was on the tour. Did you see that way he took a short shot when Roger was at the net and tried to blast him with it some time after the heated exchange? Murray has done this quite a few times in the past year or 2. Murray, himself, was very critical of this type of action before Lendl changed his thinking on it. Class act?

Yeah, I remember that episode with Del Potro where he was ****ed about Del Potro going at him with the ball. But it's all right, it's all fair.

SystemicAnomaly 01-25-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisoner of Birth (Post 7163150)
Yeah, I remember that episode with Del Potro where he was ****ed about Del Potro going at him with the ball. But it's all right, it's all fair.

Not when you have other/better options. It appeared to be a vindictive play in this case against Federer. I can't recall Roger ever doing this to another player.

jorel 01-25-2013 05:54 AM

I think in feds mind, he thought Murray was playing games with him

“Im going to challenge….no im not”

Jeffrey573639 01-25-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SystemicAnomaly (Post 7163160)
Not when you have other/better options. It appeared to be a vindictive play in this case against Federer. I can't recall Roger ever doing this to another player.

No I don't think so- whilst it was definitely heated up there tonight (quite odd tbh) Murrays been going for headshots quite often since he hooked up with Lendl

sbengte 01-25-2013 06:06 AM

From Murray's presser :

Classy Murray is classy :)

Quote:

Q. How surprised were you by what he shouted when you were at the net at 6 5 in the fourth? You had a funny look on your face at that point.
ANDY MURRAY: I mean, I wasn't that surprised. I mean, stuff like that happens daily in tennis matches. You know, in sport, the stuff that some people say on football pitches and in basketball and all sorts of sports. I mean, it was very, very mild in comparison to what happens in other sports. It's just one of those things.

Q. Did it rattle you at all?
ANDY MURRAY: No. I think it didn't rattle me. I think he raised his game, you know, and that's what happens. Sometimes guys need to get, you know, emotion into the match.
He definitely raised his level and played in that game I think he hit two balls onto the line and was extremely aggressive after that.

Q. Can you repeat what he said?
ANDY MURRAY: It's not relevant what he said. You know, it doesn't really matter. It's something that happens, like I say, all the time on tennis courts, in sport, all the time.
Especially when it's a one on one sort of individual combat. It's not relevant. There's no hard feelings.

Q. Was it a word that we might struggle to get in our newspapers?
ANDY MURRAY: It's not relevant what was said, you know. I'm sure Roger won't talk about it and I have no interest in discussing it either, because, like I say, it happens all the time.
People will want to make a big deal of it and it isn't really a big deal.

From Sexi's presser :

Quote:

Q. You spoke earlier in the week about the good manners that exist between the players. There definitely seemed to be a bit of feeling between the two of you after 6 5 in the fourth. Can you talk about that. Was there an exchange between you?
ROGER FEDERER: I mean, it wasn't a big deal anyway. We just looked at each other one time. That's okay, I think, in a three and a half hour match. We were just checking each other out for bit.
No, I mean, that wasn't a big deal for me. I hope not for him.

GoaLaSSo 01-25-2013 06:07 AM

Ridiculous blind speculation is ridiculous... We don't know what fed said.

There are also like 50 words that look like ****ing just by lip reading...

nyc 01-25-2013 06:18 AM

Tom Perrotta on Twitter:

Nope. But basically, "play the ball, not the call." RT @PiaCatton: @TomPerrotta did you figure out what was Federer was saying to Murray...?