Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2013 GS predictions. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452438)

-RF- 01-25-2013 09:05 AM

2013 GS predictions.
 
Australian Open- Djokovic
French Open-Nadal (just about)
Wimbledon-Murray
US Open- Djokovic

WTF- Tsonga

mariecon 01-25-2013 09:08 AM

WTF is right!!! Tsonga? haha. We'll talk in 11 months.

As for the French Open, are you so sure Nadal will play?

I say:

AO- Djokovic
FO - Federer (Nadal will be awol)
Wim - Federer
USO - Murray or Delpo (sorry can't decide here)

WTF - Federer

Doubles 01-25-2013 09:13 AM

Federer won't win a slam except maybe Wimbledon. IF Nadal plays the only thing he'll win is the French. USO and the Aussie are gonna be split between Murray and Djokovic. I think Murray will win the Aussie, and Novak will win the USO.

librarysteg 01-25-2013 09:14 AM

I'm one of the morons thinking Djokovic has the teensiest tiniest chance of actually pulling off the CYGS. I've even bet my husband $20 it will happen. So, my pie in the sky prediction is

AO: Djokovic
FO: Djokovic
Wimbledon: Djokovic
USO: Djokovic
WTF: Djokovic

My less delusional side picks:

AO: Djokovic
FO: Djokovic (if Nadal doesn't come back 100%, if he does, Nadal)
Wimbledon: Murray
USO: Federer
WTF: Murray

Steve0904 01-25-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariecon (Post 7163907)
WTF is right!!! Tsonga? haha. We'll talk in 11 months.

As for the French Open, are you so sure Nadal will play?

I say:

AO- Djokovic
FO - Federer (Nadal will be awol)
Wim - Federer
USO - Murray or Delpo (sorry can't decide here)

WTF - Federer

Speaking of WTF?? From a Federer fan, I say there is no way he wins 2 of the remaining 3 majors and the WTF this year, least of all the French.

mariecon 01-25-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve0904 (Post 7163965)
Speaking of WTF?? From a Federer fan, I say there is no way he wins 2 of the remaining 3 majors and the WTF this year, least of all the French.

How can you say least of all the French? If Nadal is absent? Federer is the 2nd best clay courter out there; I still believe that. Of course it all depends on the crappy draw, just like it did at the AO.

rainingaces 01-25-2013 09:42 AM

If nadal does not play or is playing poorly when the french open comes around it would be so open and competitive, it would have the potential to be the best slam in years. Ferrer and delpo would be in with a strong shout, even tsonga.

tudwell 01-25-2013 09:43 AM

Australian Open - Murray
French Open - Djokovic
Wimbledon - Murray
U.S. Open - Federer
WTF - Murray

heninfan99 01-25-2013 09:47 AM

Where's the original thread on this?

BHiC 01-25-2013 09:53 AM

Australian Open - Djokovic
French Open - Isner
Wimbledon - Isner
US Open - Isner
WTF - Isner

Clarky21 01-25-2013 09:56 AM

AO- Lance
RG- Lance
Wimby- Andy
USO- Lance

FEDERERNADAL13 01-25-2013 10:09 AM

Draws will shape the chances of Fed for the rest of the season, and my picks will reflect that.

AO: Djoko in 4

FO: If Rafa's there, I see Rafa winning. If Rafa isn't, then whoever doesn't draw Murray (Fed or Novak) will win (Hoping for Fed) Rafa in 4 over Novak or Novak in 5 over Fed

SW19: If Fed draws Muzza in the SFs he's not gonna win, because he'll be tired. If Fed draws Rafa, he'll have a good shot because Rafa might not be 100%, and I'd favour the defending champion over someone who hasn't played in a while. Also, I feel Fed can beat Djoko or Murray once, but back to back would be difficult. Fed in 4 over Murray again or Murray in 4 over Djokovic

US Open: If Fed draws Rafa, I once again can see him winning. Beating Murray and Novak back to back sounds too difficult.
Fed in 4 over Novak or Novak in 5 over Murray

batz 01-25-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FEDERERNADAL13 (Post 7164160)
Draws will shape the chances of Fed for the rest of the season, and my picks will reflect that.

AO: Djoko in 4

FO: If Rafa's there, I see Rafa winning. If Rafa isn't, then whoever doesn't draw Murray (Fed or Novak) will win (Hoping for Fed) Rafa in 4 over Novak or Novak in 5 over Fed

SW19: If Fed draws Muzza in the SFs he's not gonna win, because he'll be tired. If Fed draws Rafa, he'll have a good shot because Rafa might not be 100%, and I'd favour the defending champion over someone who hasn't played in a while. Also, I feel Fed can beat Djoko or Murray once, but back to back would be difficult. Fed in 4 over Murray again or Murray in 4 over Djokovic

US Open: If Fed draws Rafa, I once again can see him winning. Beating Murray and Novak back to back sounds too difficult.
Fed in 4 over Novak or Novak in 5 over Murray

Your picks assume Roger stays 2nd seed for the slams. I'm not sure how safe an assumption that is.

Gonzo_style 01-25-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7164105)
Wimby- Andy

Clarky become more reasonable

underground 01-25-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 7164234)
Your picks assume Roger stays 2nd seed for the slams. I'm not sure how safe an assumption that is.

Assuming that Djokovic wins the AO, Fed's still got a stealth lead of 2000 points over Murray. Though he has quite a few tournaments to defend, Fed's a lock for Rotterdam, possibly Dubai if he gets the draw like last year. Murray doesn't have any points to defend in IW but he's the finalist in Miami while Fed is just gonna lose 90 points. The hardest task for Fed is Madrid where he would lose some amount of points, but unless Murray wins on Sunday I don't see him passing Fed before Wimbledon.

In some ways I want Fed down to #3 again because he can actually play Djokovic before the final in that way. I always felt Fed feels more comfortable playing Novak than Murray, especially lately. If he plays Novak he might win and gain confidence. When talking about Novak-Murray back-to-back I certainly prefer Fed playing Djoker first rather than the other way round.

forzamilan90 01-25-2013 10:45 AM

Federer to win the next three slams

batz 01-25-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underground (Post 7164257)
Assuming that Djokovic wins the AO, Fed's still got a stealth lead of 2000 points over Murray. Though he has quite a few tournaments to defend, Fed's a lock for Rotterdam, possibly Dubai if he gets the draw like last year. Murray doesn't have any points to defend in IW but he's the finalist in Miami while Fed is just gonna lose 90 points. The hardest task for Fed is Madrid where he would lose some amount of points, but unless Murray wins on Sunday I don't see him passing Fed before Wimbledon.

In some ways I want Fed down to #3 again because he can actually play Djokovic before the final in that way. I always felt Fed feels more comfortable playing Novak than Murray, especially lately. If he plays Novak he might win and gain confidence. When talking about Novak-Murray back-to-back I certainly prefer Fed playing Djoker first rather than the other way round.

His lead will be 1785 if Nole wins, 985 points if Murray wins.

Between tonight and the start of RG, Roger has 3405 points to defend. Murray has 1000 points to defend in the same period.

So, although Roger has a 1785/985 lead on Murray as of tomorrow - in 'race for number 2 seed at RG' terms, he's actually trailing Murray and would need to outperform Murray by around 300 points between now and RG if he is to retain 2nd seed (that number rises to around the 1100 point mark if Murray wins AO).

Bearing in mind that Roger is not playing Miami, this will not be an easy task.

Murray has a more than decent shot at 2nd seed for RG. Then we get into some really fascinating scenarios.

Crayola Oblongata 01-25-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 7164347)

Bearing in mind that Roger is not playing Miami, this will not be an easy task.

Murray has a more than decent shot at 2nd seed for RG. Then we get into some really fascinating scenarios.

Oh god. I haven't even thought that far ahead yet. Oh God. :? Don't if you saw earlier, but congratz about Murray... : /
The French is going to be very interesting.

batz 01-25-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crayola Oblongata (Post 7164376)
Oh god. I haven't even thought that far ahead yet. Oh God. :? Don't if you saw earlier, but congratz about Murray... : /
The French is going to be very interesting.

Thanks mate - very nice of you to say so.

Re RG - there are some scary scenarios for hardcore Murray haters if Andy can beat Noel on Sunday. Big if mind you.

kishnabe 01-25-2013 11:22 AM

AO=Murray
FO= Federer...Nadal not 100 percent
SW= Tsonga
US= Djokovic


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse