Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Quality of the Match : Federer vs Murray (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452442)

World Beater 01-25-2013 09:43 AM

Quality of the Match : Federer vs Murray

Just curious to see what everyone thought of the quality of the match.

After seeing the responses on the match threads, I actually was really surprised to see some response....well perhaps i shouldn't be, lol.

kaku 01-25-2013 09:46 AM

Match Quality According to TTW
The match is good if:
-Fed wins
-Rafa/Novak/Murray lose

The match is bad if:
-Fed loses
-Rafa/Novak/Murray are involved in any way

zam88 01-25-2013 10:10 AM

The match was good quality... as good of quality as fed tsonga

jaggy 01-25-2013 10:12 AM

Stan and Lance had more drama with the long 5th set

The Meat 01-25-2013 10:16 AM

1. Federer was the Murray in the match
2. Federer had awful shot selection at crucial times(drop shot against arguably one of the fastest players lololololol)
3. Federer served awfully

Overall the match was alright, only because Murray was on fire which really saved the match quality for me.

underground 01-25-2013 10:40 AM

1. Novak/Stan
2. Fed/Tsonga

forzamilan90 01-25-2013 10:47 AM

Only watched the first two sets but I thought Murray was immense

Gonzo_style 01-25-2013 10:51 AM

1. Djokovic-Wawrinka
2. Federer-Murray
3.Federer-Tsonga

BreakPoint 01-25-2013 11:12 AM

Murray played incredibly well last night. I've never seen him play this well before. He was serving lights out, huge first serves with tons of pace and placement, and he didn't hit a single double fault in 5 sets! Truly amazing! He also just wasn't missing at all from the back of the court. He could rally all day long and never miss. That really frustrated Federer who expects his opponents to eventually make some errors during rallies, like hit the ball long, wide, or into the net. Murray wasn't doing any of that. He was just pounding from the baseline all day long without missing. He was just way too good last night. This, combined with Federer's poor serving and movement (perhaps from his bad back, as he had that undershirt on from the very start of the match?), and his poor decision making at times (maybe too much pressure from Murray never missing?), and Federer never really had a chance in this match.

Kudos to Murray for playing almost a perfect match and getting his first win against Federer in a Slam.

FlashFlare11 01-25-2013 11:34 AM

I thought the quality was pretty good in the first four sets. A lot of drama and tension, especially in the fourth set. The fifth was kind of lacking because you could feel that Federer's level had started to falter and Murray was looking to pounce. Once Andy broke Roger in his first service game of the set, it was difficult to see Federer winning the match, especially considering the effort he gave to even force a final set.

TheF1Bob 01-25-2013 11:38 AM

Average at best. Fed was crap. Muzza was good.

Novak is GOAT 8)

kishnabe 01-25-2013 12:17 PM

High quality barring the 5th set where Federer got tired. ****ed that Murray played well from the get go....Federer struggled to find form in the first few games.

The second point of the match....had my mouth in awe.....Murray obliterated the ball.