Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Could Fed Use A Change At Coach??? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452448)

heninfan99 01-25-2013 10:09 AM

Could Fed Use A Change At Coach???
 
Fed tried to come to the net early against Murray last night and the Scot hit a brilliant passing shot on the line. I believe it was the 2nd game of the match. I like this strategy but Fed seemed to abandon it the rest of the set.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall for the post-match discussion with Annacone.
If Fed doesn't believe in his advices is it time to move on? Try a new coach?

Please note that Fed can get to the quarters and win without a coach at all. He may need help in solving puzzle of the new iron man Murray...

dudeski 01-25-2013 10:19 AM

Fed could use being 25 years old.

dunlop_fort_knox 01-25-2013 10:22 AM

he could use 25 year old legs.

The Bawss 01-25-2013 10:40 AM

He could use the courts not to be slower than clay.

adidasman 01-25-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7164248)
He could use the courts not to be slower than clay.

The word at the Australian this year is that the courts are faster...there goes that excuse.

Relinquis 01-25-2013 11:15 AM

I don't think you should change your coach after losing one match, especially a close one against a top player.

THUNDERVOLLEY 01-25-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heninfan99 (Post 7164155)
Fed tried to come to the net early against Murray last night and the Scot hit a brilliant passing shot on the line. I believe it was the 2nd game of the match. I like this strategy but Fed seemed to abandon it the rest of the set.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall for the post-match discussion with Annacone.
If Fed doesn't believe in his advices is it time to move on? Try a new coach?

Please note that Fed can get to the quarters and win without a coach at all. He may need help in solving puzzle of the new iron man Murray...

It is not the coach--it is Federer himself. Your post would suggest that he would be a lock to win if not for the "fault" of his coach. Ever since the summer of 2012, it is clear Murray is turning the tables on Federer, even if the match is stretched out, but he's aware of the Federer playbook, and was prepared to reply. No coach is going to prevent that.

TJfederer16 01-25-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7164248)
He could use the courts not to be slower than clay.

Think its more the outside courts from what ive heard from a lot of the players, Laver Arena still looks pretty slow might be a touch quicker but not much difference

pvaudio 01-25-2013 11:29 AM

He loses a 5 set semi-final on a slow hard court to a player who thrives on slow hard courts AND is now 5-6 years past his prime years AND is at the age when most greats consider retiring...and you think he needs to switch coaches? This forum amazes me sometimes.

kishnabe 01-25-2013 11:37 AM

Federer just needed to serve better....the pace and pecentages were lacking.

At times Murray made Federer panic....Federer was clueless were to go. Murray was hitting big off both sides, covering the whole court and did not fall for the short slice trick.

Federer dropshots were lame today as well.....he usually catches op off guard. Most of them had air and Murray tracked them down and made Federer pay for his foolery.

I don't think Federer needs a coach...he has done well without a coach for many of best slam years. Too Stubborn may not respect or listen to a coach. At least with Annacone being involved with Sampras....Federer could listen a bit.

Come Wimbledon or US Open....once again everyone would be drinking Annacone Kool-Aid and giving credit for his help to Roger 18t-20th slams.

elpolaco84 01-25-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasman (Post 7164333)
The word at the Australian this year is that the courts are faster...there goes that excuse.

No, the word was that behind the baseline the court is more slippery than last year

BevelDevil 01-25-2013 11:39 AM

Anacone has probably done everything possible to help Fed. Fed's a better player now, just older.

He's also a smart and versatile player, so if he could have succeeded by attacking the net, he probably would have done it.

Fed just has to continue working on his backhand so that he doesn't have to run around it so much. Maybe Stan should give him a few lessons...

Goosehead 01-25-2013 11:43 AM

federer needs a new time machine.

pound cat 01-25-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goosehead (Post 7164473)
federer needs a new time machine.

Murray rattles him, Nadal rattles him and he's rattled even before a ball is struck. I think he did well to take it to a fifth despite a so- so serve, errors all over the place and not many winners. Unfortunately he wil have to contend with them in every major. Fortunately for him he's already won every major.

heninfan99 01-25-2013 03:58 PM

Well, look what a coaching change did for Murray?
These courts aren't that slow anymore. They are faster than the outside courts at the US Open --so say BG & others.

If Fed is not following his advices what's the point?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvaudio (Post 7164427)
He loses a 5 set semi-final on a slow hard court to a player who thrives on slow hard courts AND is now 5-6 years past his prime years AND is at the age when most greats consider retiring...and you think he needs to switch coaches? This forum amazes me sometimes.


Goosehead 01-25-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heninfan99 (Post 7165224)
Well, look what a coaching change did for Murray?
These courts aren't that slow anymore. They are faster than the outside courts at the US Open --so say BG & others.

If Fed is not following his advices what's the point?

murray changed coach age 24 thats the difference :confused:,

federer is an outside bet for majors now at 31,..he cant keep his level up now like he could..murray was favourite to win and he did.

federer did well to reach the semi finals.

Povl Carstensen 01-25-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvaudio (Post 7164427)
He loses a 5 set semi-final on a slow hard court to a player who thrives on slow hard courts AND is now 5-6 years past his prime years AND is at the age when most greats consider retiring...and you think he needs to switch coaches? This forum amazes me sometimes.

QFT. But perhaps he should hire heninfan.

heninfan99 01-26-2013 05:15 AM

Good idea but he would probably not listen to my advices either. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Povl Carstensen (Post 7165980)
QFT. But perhaps he should hire heninfan.


Numenor 01-26-2013 12:30 PM

Annacone is doing a great job. He coached Fed to the 2012 Wimbledon title, and I'm sure Fed will have more chances in the grass court / North American hard court season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THUNDERVOLLEY (Post 7164395)
It is not the coach--it is Federer himself. Your post would suggest that he would be a lock to win if not for the "fault" of his coach. Ever since the summer of 2012, it is clear Murray is turning the tables on Federer, even if the match is stretched out, but he's aware of the Federer playbook, and was prepared to reply. No coach is going to prevent that.

Murray turned the tables at the WTF last year, that's for sure. He demolished Fed in straight sets, knowing his playbook by heart. Oh wait...

sureshs 01-26-2013 12:30 PM

He could start reading the Tips section


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse