Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Racquet Bag Question (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452518)

Overdrive 01-25-2013 06:08 PM

Racquet Bag Question

I was thinking today if it's possible to sew two tennis bags together? You could just easily take out the sides of the bags and sew them together (I think that's how to do it). :confused:

Instead of having only a maximum of 8 racquets, I could have a maximum of 16 racquets! :cool:

I would love to have this to be sewn together with an identical bag.

Also, would there be any point to it? Do you think the backpack straps could support the conjoined bags?

DownTheLineWith90 01-25-2013 06:13 PM

Bro...
I don't even..

DownTheLineWith90 01-25-2013 06:14 PM

I applaud you for your creativity, but honestly, I seriously doubt that you can sew two racket bags together with factory precision and durability.

El Diablo 01-25-2013 06:17 PM

And the question is?

Overdrive 01-25-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Diablo (Post 7165506)
And the question is?

The question was is it possible to sew two racquet bags....

Sorry for not clarifying... :-|

Overdrive 01-25-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownTheLineWith90 (Post 7165497)
I applaud you for your creativity, but honestly, I seriously doubt that you can sew two racket bags together with factory precision and durability.

But couldn't I just take it to a someone who is good at crafts like this?

I wonder what the folks at Micheal's or Hobby Lobby would say haha.

"Sir, we don't do things like that".

El Diablo 01-25-2013 06:28 PM

The question is "is it possible?"?? Ummm, why wouldn't it be possible, did you imagine? I assumed the question was "would there be any point to it?"

Overdrive 01-25-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Diablo (Post 7165534)
The question is "is it possible?"?? Ummm, why wouldn't it be possible, did you imagine? I assumed the question was "would there be any point to it?"

Okay, would there be a point to it?

I just wanted an opinion. Yes, I did imagine it, but it may also be not possible.. :)

The Meat 01-25-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7165538)
Okay, would there be a point to it?

I just wanted an opinion. Yes, I did imagine it, but it may also be not possible.. :)

If you were to cut out one side of both bags and attach them together using a factory level sewing machine with like 5 passes using polyester thread, you might be able to :)

Wouldn't recommend you carry a 16 racquet bag full of stuff, back problems are going to kill you.

Overdrive 01-25-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat (Post 7165640)
If you were to cut out one side of both bags and attach them together using a factory level sewing machine with like 5 passes using polyester thread, you might be able to :)

Wouldn't recommend you carry a 16 racquet bag full of stuff, back problems are going to kill you.

Awesome!

Yeah, your right about the back problems though...

Calor1 01-26-2013 01:21 AM

Still early in the year but already a great contender for weirdest question of the year.
Why would you want to sew them together? If you buy a 9 racketbag and it isn't big enough just buy an extra duffel bag. You can wear on on each shoulder and I think it would look better than a homemade 16/18 racketbag imo :D.

If you do however plan to sew them together I would really like to see sone pictures though :D.

Overdrive 01-26-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calor1 (Post 7166285)
Still early in the year but already a great contender for weirdest question of the year.
Why would you want to sew them together? If you buy a 9 racketbag and it isn't big enough just buy an extra duffel bag. You can wear on on each shoulder and I think it would look better than a homemade 16/18 racketbag imo :D.

If you do however plan to sew them together I would really like to see sone pictures though.

I hope I win.. :cool:

Because, I love my Becker bag, and it wouldn't make sense to spend $65+ for the same bag that can fit 2 more racquets.

I hate duffel bags. You have to stuff your racquets like putting clothes in a suitcase. Plus, the items besides the racquets can scratch them up and/or if you place your racquets at the bottom of the bag, you would have to take everything out again... :-|

I don't want to ruin the bags myself, I could just ask a local crafting store to do it I guess... :-?

If this thing works, I would love to send pictures!