Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What Made Fed So Mad At Murray? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452520)

Cindysphinx 01-25-2013 06:11 PM

What Made Fed So Mad At Murray?

Apologies if this has been discussed, but I just finished watching the Fed/Murray semi and I just have to know.

What did Fed say when he spoke to Murray and pointed at his eye?

If he was saying Murray stopped, why is that something worth getting angry over? Is there some etiquette rule that Murray violated?

NadalDramaQueen 01-25-2013 06:22 PM

I think, according to what I have read, and what I have seen, is that it was "you f-ing stopped."

I think in general that he was angry because there were a few points where he had managed to outmanoeuvre Murray yet still lost the point. From what I have seen, Federer sometimes gets in moods where it irks him to no end when he believes an opponent is getting too lucky. Apparently, he had even shouted something to that effect (about Murray being lucky).

I think it all just built up inside him, along with the fact that he was serving like me. :lol:

JackB1 01-25-2013 06:29 PM

I was wondering this too?

norbac 01-25-2013 06:31 PM

Federer misplaced his Old Man medication. He wasn't shouting at Murray, he was actually displaying anger at his box.

NadalDramaQueen 01-25-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norbac (Post 7165537)
Federer misplaced his Old Man medication. He wasn't shouting at Murray, he was actually displaying anger at his box.

Yeah right, Mard. Murray stole his old man medication and then kicked his cane out prior to the match. He then hid his "Just for Men" gray hair remover. Bush league stuff.

millicurie999 01-25-2013 06:39 PM

See my posting at #87

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...=452381&page=5

norbac 01-25-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalDramaQueen (Post 7165545)
Yeah right, Mard. Murray stole his old man medication and then kicked his cane out prior to the match. He then hid his "Just for Men" gray hair remover. Bush league stuff.

Murray does not require Old Man Medication (OMM), he already has ties with Dr. Fuentes from his time in Spain and possesses different measures of western medicines.

BreakPoint 01-25-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalDramaQueen (Post 7165518)
I think in general that he was angry because there were a few points where he had managed to outmanoeuvre Murray yet still lost the point. From what I have seen, Federer sometimes gets in moods where it irks him to no end when he believes an opponent is getting too lucky. Apparently, he had even shouted something to that effect (about Murray being lucky).

Murray was incredibly lucky during that match. He hit so many shots that just happen to land right on the baseline. The law of probability would have dictated that half of those shots should have landed long but he kept hitting the baseline. That's pretty lucky, if you ask me.

Yes, Murray played extremely well and Federer served terribly but Murray's luck certainly didn't hurt.

norbac 01-25-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakPoint (Post 7165715)
Murray was incredibly lucky during that match. He hit so many shots that just happen to land right on the baseline. The law of probability would have dictated that half of those shots should have landed long but he kept hitting the baseline. That's pretty lucky, if you ask me.

Yes, Murray played extremely well and Federer served terribly but Murray's luck certainly didn't hurt.

Yes, Murray was lucky his shots were landing in.......

Cindysphinx 01-25-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millicurie999 (Post 7165556)

Thanks. The whole thing was really bizarre.

Then again, I like a spot of drama!!:)

crazyups 01-25-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norbac (Post 7165722)
Yes, Murray was lucky his shots were landing in.......

Not only was he lucky, but he actually believed that it was skill!!!

fed_rulz 01-25-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalDramaQueen (Post 7165545)

the word you're looking for is Murron

batz 01-26-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakPoint (Post 7165715)

And the harder Murray works - the luckier he seems to get.

Seriously BP - this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted on these boards. There is a 'law of probability' that defines how often a given shot should land on the baseline, and the norm is 50%? Are you sure?

You know that guy you like, the one with the 17 grand slam titles. When he was dominating the world of tennis whilst hitting lines at a rate > 50%, were you writing posts about how lucky he was?

Thought not.

sandiegoman 01-26-2013 12:22 AM

I stand by Federer, flight of the golden eagle!

kalyan4fedever 01-26-2013 12:40 AM

The key point is murraa serve darn it was too strong to break!!! and fed cant put his first serves in ...he looked somewhat hurt during the entire match playing casual catchup which is unlike feddy and also evidenced by his 1.5 hour late presser after tsonga match. Truth will come out later as why he was unmotivated

guitarplayer 01-26-2013 01:24 AM

I think Fed commented on how ugly Murray's outfit was.

axel89 01-26-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 7166050)
And the harder Murray works - the luckier he seems to get.

Seriously BP - this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted on these boards. There is a 'law of probability' that defines how often a given shot should land on the baseline, and the norm is 50%? Are you sure?

You know that guy you like, the one with the 17 grand slam titles. When he was dominating the world of tennis whilst hitting lines at a rate > 50%, were you writing posts about how lucky he was?

Thought not.

batz just ignore the trolls they are increasing exponentially

Al Czervik 01-26-2013 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 7166050)
Seriously BP - this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted on these boards.

Lol, I like BP -- in a world of 100 sq in Babolat polyester bashing mongoloids, we need guys who can remind us why the late '70's/early '80's were so popular -- but, that is some seriously sour grapes right there.

Sentinel 01-26-2013 04:59 AM

Federer making Tomic look like a well-brought up kid.

Hey, seriously, if he did use the eff word, shouldn't he be given a code violation ?

veroniquem 01-26-2013 08:20 AM

Fed snapped. He usually doesn't take losing well.