Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Yonex question for Andy: (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452560)

Lilguy1456 01-26-2013 06:31 AM

Yonex question for Andy:
 
Andy,

If you could ONLY play with one from now until the end of time (deep, i know), would you choose the RDX 500 or the RDiS 100 and why?

-Chris

TW Staff 01-28-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilguy1456 (Post 7167019)
Andy,

If you could ONLY play with one from now until the end of time (deep, i know), would you choose the RDX 500 or the RDiS 100 and why?

-Chris

The RDX 500 is my favorite racquet of all time, and I would pick that over the RDiS 100. Even though the head size is 90 sq. inches compared to the 93 of the RDiS, I feel for some reason that it is a little more forgiving. I also just prefer the feel of the RDX technology better than the RDiS (don't know exactly what the different is, I just know that I prefer it). They are very similar racquets though, and I think if you like one of them you will definitely like the other.

Andy, TW

Lilguy1456 01-28-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7174531)
The RDX 500 is my favorite racquet of all time, and I would pick that over the RDiS 100. Even though the head size is 90 sq. inches compared to the 93 of the RDiS, I feel for some reason that it is a little more forgiving. I also just prefer the feel of the RDX technology better than the RDiS (don't know exactly what the different is, I just know that I prefer it). They are very similar racquets though, and I think if you like one of them you will definitely like the other.

Andy, TW

Interesting...do you still use the RDiS, even thought you prefer the RDX?

TW Staff 01-29-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilguy1456 (Post 7175967)
Interesting...do you still use the RDiS, even thought you prefer the RDX?

I do. I only have 1 of the RDXs and I have 4 RDiSs, and I use them both for string reviews because I'm so familiar with the frames. I think they are very similar racquets and pretty much find them interchangeable. I like them both a lot.

Andy, TW

Boricua 01-29-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7177345)
I do. I only have 1 of the RDXs and I have 4 RDiSs, and I use them both for string reviews because I'm so familiar with the frames. I think they are very similar racquets and pretty much find them interchangeable. I like them both a lot.

Andy, TW

deleted post

rdis10093 01-29-2013 09:44 AM

salutations andy,

I am a big fan of the rdis 93. I used it all through highschool and am using it at college right now. It is a heck of a drug. such good feel and plowthrough. anyway though, I was not old enough for the rdx generation. I noticed that you did a blog about making a head racquet play like a rdx spec wise. I cant find the link for it at the moment, but I was wondering, if I bought several head racquets from tw, can you guys spec them out like that of the rdx? I would pay more of corse. I am very interested to see how anything could play better than my drug. would love to know more about your thoughts comparing the two.

bests,
adam

TW Staff 01-29-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdis10093 (Post 7177622)
salutations andy,

I am a big fan of the rdis 93. I used it all through highschool and am using it at college right now. It is a heck of a drug. such good feel and plowthrough. anyway though, I was not old enough for the rdx generation. I noticed that you did a blog about making a head racquet play like a rdx spec wise. I cant find the link for it at the moment, but I was wondering, if I bought several head racquets from tw, can you guys spec them out like that of the rdx? I would pay more of corse. I am very interested to see how anything could play better than my drug. would love to know more about your thoughts comparing the two.

bests,
adam

Absolutely. We offer the customization service that I discuss in the blog for an additional fee per racquet. Here is the link to the blog:

http://blog.tenniswarehouse.com/racq...ert-paul-reed/

The customized Radical ended up at 12.2 oz strung, 7.5 pts HL with a swingweight around 325. This is pretty darn close to the specs of the old RDX 500 Mid.

I'm personally using the RDiS 100 Mid currently as well, and I love the racquet. The specs are very similar to the RDX, so much so that I would almost consider the racquet interchangeable. If you like the RDiS as much as you say do, I'm very confident you'll like the specs of the RDX.

Check out the article again and see if it's what you're looking for, and if you're interested make sure to call our customer service department for some more info.

Andy, TW

adso1973 02-03-2013 06:12 PM

Hi Andy, I'm also a big fan of the rdis100 mid, as you have the chance to play test many frames, which one would you recommend as a possible replacement? And if possible how would you compare it with the pb10mid?

Thanks!

TW Staff 02-04-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adso1973 (Post 7189654)
Hi Andy, I'm also a big fan of the rdis100 mid, as you have the chance to play test many frames, which one would you recommend as a possible replacement? And if possible how would you compare it with the pb10mid?

Thanks!

The VCore 89 Tour is the natural replacement in the Yonex line for the RDiS 100 Mid. It possesses a little more pop than the RDiS, great control, but is a little less forgiving because the head size is slightly smaller. It's similar to the PB10 Mid in that it has a lot of pop for a midsize frame, but I think the VCore 89 offers more control than the PB10.

Another good midsize frame to try would be the Wilson Blade 93. It offers a nice crisp, lively feel with lots of control. Less powerful than the PB10 Mid but I think it trumps it in every other category.

Andy, TW

Boricua 02-04-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7190463)
The VCore 89 Tour is the natural replacement in the Yonex line for the RDiS 100 Mid. It possesses a little more pop than the RDiS, great control, but is a little less forgiving because the head size is slightly smaller. It's similar to the PB10 Mid in that it has a lot of pop for a midsize frame, but I think the VCore 89 offers more control than the PB10.

Another good midsize frame to try would be the Wilson Blade 93. It offers a nice crisp, lively feel with lots of control. Less powerful than the PB10 Mid but I think it trumps it in every other category.

Andy, TW

Yonex has a few rackets in the 98-100 head size range but none in the 93 head size. I personally like rackets between 98-100 head size but many would be interested in a 93 Yonex racket quite possibly.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse