Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Volkl Organix 7 (310g and 295g) TW Review (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452563)

Sage 01-26-2013 08:13 AM

Volkl Organix 7 (310g and 295g) TW Review
 
Does anyone have any thoughts on the TW review of the Volkl Organix 7 (310g and 295g)? Looks like its comparable to the Babalot Pro Drive.

ArliHawk 01-26-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 7167098)
Does anyone have any thoughts on the TW review of the Volkl Organix 7 (310g and 295g)? Looks like its comparable to the Babalot Pro Drive.

The stiffness of 74 scares me. But the neon green paint on the 295 is beautiful.

racertempo 01-26-2013 09:14 AM

The reviews from TW are not complete yet, i sent an e-mail about a week and half ago about the broken link and they replied telling me that the reviews for the 7 were in the works and would be posted accordingly. I am looking forward to the 295 even with the ugly green paint job, like the specs there. A local shop owner here who specializes in Volkl will have demos at the end of next week and said the color in person is better than it seems. He said the Volkl warehouse was closed this past week for stoking and inventory and he should have the demos, so i plan on demoing the 295 and maybe even the 310 next weekend.

El Diablo 01-26-2013 09:40 AM

I had a chance to hold and swing a strung 310 and the swingweight feels ALOT higher than the listed 327. Felt will into the 330s, which I'd expect given that it's listed as 11.5 ounces strung and only 1 point headlight.

arnoldr 01-26-2013 12:05 PM

go Youtube
 
You can get to the video portion of the review by Chris thru TW's youtube channel. I guess the written portion is not yet ready so it's not on the website yet.
I'm also looking forward to the 295 version based on the specs, but the 74 stiffness ratings do scare me a bit too.

arnoldr

racertempo 01-26-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnoldr (Post 7167671)
You can get to the video portion of the review by Chris thru TW's youtube channel. I guess the written portion is not yet ready so it's not on the website yet.
I'm also looking forward to the 295 version based on the specs, but the 74 stiffness ratings do scare me a bit too.

arnoldr

Here is a link, thanks for the tip for the video review:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...IjNNp_xk4NaeDZ

I just wish they had 2-3 other players with different styles do a review as well, maybe they are working on that. Chris definitely seems like a Volkl fanboy with these reviews, but it was very very helpful and I cannot wait to try the 295 version. Actually, after that review I think I am already sold that it is the right frame that I am looking to compliment my new Steam S frame.

Sage 01-26-2013 08:03 PM

I hope the written review has comments from a few testers. It seems that the Organix 7 295g is similar to the bb delta core pro specs.

Timbo's hopeless slice 02-24-2013 04:42 PM

not to nit-pick or anything, but shouldn't the overall score in the 310 review be 83?

I added it up twice, lol

Boricua 02-24-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo's hopeless slice (Post 7234341)
not to nit-pick or anything, but shouldn't the overall score in the 310 review be 83?

I added it up twice, lol

How is it going with the 7? Are you still liking it? Is it your go to stick from now on? I will get mine this Friday I hope,

Timbo's hopeless slice 02-24-2013 06:19 PM

Love it, loving tennis, playing well, sooo easy!!!

hard to see any negatives, i feel like a bit of a fool, really.

sort of reminds me of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation from Douglas Adams.

it is possible to be blinded to the limitations of mid size racquets by the sense of achievement one gets from getting them to work at all...


no wonder pretty much the entire pro tour have gone to mid pluses long ago..

Boricua 02-25-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo's hopeless slice (Post 7234497)
Love it, loving tennis, playing well, sooo easy!!!

hard to see any negatives, i feel like a bit of a fool, really.

sort of reminds me of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation from Douglas Adams.

it is possible to be blinded to the limitations of mid size racquets by the sense of achievement one gets from getting them to work at all...


no wonder pretty much the entire pro tour have gone to mid pluses long ago..

"sort of reminds me of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation from Douglas Adams"

What do you mean by this? Does it refer to the "ease" that the X-7 gives to your game and its also an analogy to the techno instruments found in Syrious Cybernetics...?

Boricua 02-25-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo's hopeless slice (Post 7234341)
not to nit-pick or anything, but shouldn't the overall score in the 310 review be 83?

I added it up twice, lol

Isn't it 84? Check.:)

Sundan 02-25-2013 08:56 AM

For those that have tried the 310 version ; does it feel stiff as hell as the rating suggest,or is it really comfortable as Chris says in the review ?

Tried another OS in the Blade 104 and that was a pleasant surprise,and this one got even better reviews,im just worried about the stiffness.

TW Staff 02-25-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo's hopeless slice (Post 7234341)
not to nit-pick or anything, but shouldn't the overall score in the 310 review be 83?

I added it up twice, lol


The Overall Score is not an average of the previous scores. It is rather what the playtester's overall thoughts on the racquet were.

Brittany, TW

Boricua 02-25-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7235370)
The Overall Score is not an average of the previous scores. It is rather what the playtester's overall thoughts on the racquet were.

Brittany, TW

Hard to believe that Chris overall score would be less than the individual scores he gave to the racket, specifically when its related to a Volkl racket.:)

Timbo's hopeless slice 02-25-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7235233)
"sort of reminds me of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation from Douglas Adams"

What do you mean by this? Does it refer to the "ease" that the X-7 gives to your game and its also an analogy to the techno instruments found in Syrious Cybernetics...?

oh, you would need to have read the books, really.

it is a reference to a mythical corporation famous for making high tech stuff that was frustratingly complex and unreliable. I meant mid size frames remind me of them. ie, you can be so pleased to actually play a decent shot with them (because they are so demanding) that you forget you would have played that shot and a lot more with a larger frame..

to teh guy asking about stiffness : for me, very comfortable.

Boricua 02-25-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo's hopeless slice (Post 7235909)
oh, you would need to have read the books, really.

it is a reference to a mythical corporation famous for making high tech stuff that was frustratingly complex and unreliable. I meant mid size frames remind me of them. ie, you can be so pleased to actually play a decent shot with them (because they are so demanding) that you forget you would have played that shot and a lot more with a larger frame..

to teh guy asking about stiffness : for me, very comfortable.

Today I was hitting with a 2003 Fischer racket, 102 head. 10.4 unstrung. Felt head heavy. I like it because I can just whip it around with strength and get nasty angles and massive spin. On serves it lacked a bit of mass maybe. No vibrations at all but felt nice and stiff.
So, maybe the X 7 is along this type of racket which you can use to crush the ball, get great pace, big sweetspot, no vibrations and light and maneuvarable to hit all night with it without that log feel of heavy, players rackets? And, do you think this extended length racket does not affect one handed backhand strokes?

Timbo's hopeless slice 02-27-2013 03:13 PM

loving it.

I play with 1HBH btw, I can whip it around fine, very, very happy :)

Cesar1992 02-27-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7236431)
Today I was hitting with a 2003 Fischer racket, 102 head. 10.4 unstrung. Felt head heavy. I like it because I can just whip it around with strength and get nasty angles and massive spin. On serves it lacked a bit of mass maybe. No vibrations at all but felt nice and stiff.
So, maybe the X 7 is along this type of racket which you can use to crush the ball, get great pace, big sweetspot, no vibrations and light and maneuvarable to hit all night with it without that log feel of heavy, players rackets? And, do you think this extended length racket does not affect one handed backhand strokes?

It works great for both flat and spin OHBHs. It doesn't twist at all, and it feels really good on the arm and shoulder. A very surprising racquet for a 104 in head; big sweet-spot but plows thru like a mid-sized frame.

jonahnaturals 05-20-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo's hopeless slice (Post 7240393)
loving it.

I play with 1HBH btw, I can whip it around fine, very, very happy :)

Hi Tim - your enthusiasm for the 310 has made me eager to try it.

I think I've read most of your posts on both new 7's. I understand that you haven't hit as much with your son's 295, but I am hoping that you can provide as much of a comparison as you can?

I also play with a one handed backhand and tend to enjoy 12 to 12.5 ounce frames for their plow through on slice and flat serves.

In your experience, do both 7's offer substantial plow through?

Could you please also indicate your strings and tension?

Thanks very much for sharing.

- Ben


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse