Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Volkl Cyclone Yellow vs pink vs black (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452596)

TRVX1912 01-26-2013 12:45 PM

Volkl Cyclone Yellow vs pink vs black
 
Are there any differences between each?

Torres 01-26-2013 01:27 PM


Francis27 01-26-2013 02:49 PM

The pink one is im pretty sure is Cyclone "Tour" and its supposed to be softer on the arm.

The black one is a little stiffer than the yellow and the pink

neil1b 01-26-2013 03:35 PM

There is no difference between the black yellow or pink cyclone String. Volkl cyclone "tour" is a completely different string that has a twist in it and only comes in red.

TRVX1912 01-26-2013 07:43 PM

I tried playing with the cyclone it was a little harsh But i loved how it played. I was just wondering if the yellow or pink was a little softer. I havent tried the tour yet

neil1b 01-26-2013 07:49 PM

Try the tour.....its softer than the original and has more pop to it.

Torres 01-27-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil1b (Post 7168295)
There is no difference between the black yellow or pink cyclone String.

Have you extensively hit with all 3 of them, or are you just reading off the packet and guessing that they play the same?

SteveI 01-27-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRVX1912 (Post 7167763)
Are there any differences between each?

From the TW Review:

Chris - "Signum Pro Poly Plasma gets close in feel and MSV Co-Focus offers similar power, but both of those I hit in thinner gauges. In my book, Cyclone offers all the control and spin of Luxilon ALU Power Rough, but with slightly more comfort and at a much better price. I also find the pink version to have a tad more pop than the black Cyclone we tested."

neil1b 01-27-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torres (Post 7169824)
Have you extensively hit with all 3 of them, or are you just reading off the packet and guessing that they play the same?

Used all three and have used cyclone for years...... They are just different colors.

Its funny that people tend to think they play different because they want them to play different....

Must be in the magic dye!

Torres 01-27-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil1b (Post 7171346)
Used all three and have used cyclone for years...... They are just different colors.

Its funny that people tend to think they play different because they want them to play different....

Must be in the magic dye!

You couldn't have used them for years because the fluro yellow and pink was only released last year.

And yes, different dyes can affect the characteristics of the string.

neil1b 01-27-2013 08:34 AM

OK Mr Torres......I stated I have used cyclone for years........... I have tried both the pink and yellow and no dye does not change the string to a noticeable level. If you are that in tune to color dye changes.........you would have won the open this am.........

Federerkblade 01-27-2013 09:07 AM

neil hows the graphene pro 2 weeks on

Torres 01-27-2013 10:33 AM

So let's get this story clear. Neil1b goes into the tennis shop and specifically orders the pink string, not so that he can match it to the color of his eyeliner and apparel, but just because he was to test his theory that there are no differences between colored strings and so that he can challenge TW Chris's view. Right okaaaay........

Sander001 01-27-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torres (Post 7171915)
So let's get this story clear. Neil1b goes into the tennis shop and specifically orders the pink string, not so that he can match it to the color of his eyeliner and apparel, but just because he was to test his theory that there are no differences between colored strings and so that he can challenge TW Chris's view. Right okaaaay........

He said "noticeable". What may be noticeable to you, me, Chris, Spadea et al., may not be noticeable to him.

TRVX1912 01-27-2013 02:31 PM

I know there is a difference with dyes. But I went with my trusty solinco bite

SteveI 01-27-2013 04:03 PM

It is pretty clear that different colors in the same string can produce a different playing string. Even the low level nylon string and strings like OG Sheep Micro are examples of this. If it is should be noticeable to most folks.. but not everyone. Just asking the questions means you are aware of the fact...sooo the answer in most cases is yes...it does make a difference. I am out.

neil1b 01-27-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torres (Post 7171915)
So let's get this story clear. Neil1b goes into the tennis shop and specifically orders the pink string, not so that he can match it to the color of his eyeliner and apparel, but just because he was to test his theory that there are no differences between colored strings and so that he can challenge TW Chris's view. Right okaaaay........

No, but since you want to go there Torres........I have an account with volkl and have probably also a stringer......... A stringer that tries the strings that come out. I disagree totally with the others and if you, I'm guessing a wanna be pro tennis player that hides on the boards and yaps, had that much insight........surely the racquet and string companies would employ you and you great knowledge of tennis to help produce their products.

Oh wait...... I must have hit a sore spot with the pink string as you probably were the one male that purchased the pink/black vapors to go with your knee socks ....... Toro! el Torres.

PS Chris is a tennis player and an employee....... He is not the end all be all of reviewing string.

neil1b 01-27-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Federerkblade (Post 7171619)
neil hows the graphene pro 2 weeks on

Its still going great. I picked up a third used one of the boards strung with rpm blast at a lower tension. I will take it out tomorrow and let you know how it goes. The only downside I can see to the racquet is with the second serve. You need to work a little more to get the same kick, but I still think I need more time with it to adjust.

I will experiment with different strings and tension when i get my forth and keep two the same to play in matches.

neil1b 01-27-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveI (Post 7172783)
It is pretty clear that different colors in the same string can produce a different playing string. Even the low level nylon string and strings like OG Sheep Micro are examples of this. If it is should be noticeable to most folks.. but not everyone. Just asking the questions means you are aware of the fact...sooo the answer in most cases is yes...it does make a difference. I am out.

Funny.....I saw no differences in pro hurricaine white vs the blue they used to have.....as well as all the prince syn gut and sonic pro orange and black......

If there was a difference the companies would jump all over the marketing and sell the different colors claiming it would help this creating area of your game.

What's next? You will say the stencils the pros use cause the strings to play different.......

neil1b 01-27-2013 08:19 PM

Faithfulfather...... Thanks you for reminding me not to waste my time with him. I will never get that time back. Its appreciated!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse