Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dreading Murray's fate tomorrow. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452602)

Fedex 01-26-2013 12:36 PM

Dreading Murray's fate tomorrow.
 
Sorry to be so negative but I've just got a feeling Murray's going to get a mauling tomorrow.
Things have just swung in Djokovic's favour who has an extra day's rest and Murray coming off a hard 5 setter. And you need everything in your favour to have a chance against Djokovic who's looking like an absolute monster sends shivers down my spine.
He's like the Mike Tyson of tennis. Opponents beaten before they go on.
Just hope that Murray can make it respectable.
And if he somehow pulls off the win I expect various bits of players lying around for it.

Warmaster 01-26-2013 12:40 PM

Have some faith in the Don of Dunblane, he's in such a good shape physically, he'll do fine.

tennis_pro 01-26-2013 12:45 PM

Physically Murray will be OK.

As an objective poster who doesn't care about both Murray and Djokovic -it's looking like a 50/50 match-up to me. I wouldn't even put Djokovic as the slight favorite despite him winning the last 2 AO's, it just doesn't matter as Murray doesn't care about it. As sure as hell Djokovic won't maul Murray and not even close.

NadalDramaQueen 01-26-2013 12:47 PM

Hopefully Djokovic will be in for a bit of a shock when he realizes he isn't beating up on Ferrer.

batz 01-26-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 7167964)
Physically Murray will be OK.

As an objective poster who doesn't care about both Murray and Djokovic -it's looking like a 50/50 match-up to me. I wouldn't even put Djokovic as the slight favorite despite him winning the last 2 AO's, it just doesn't matter as Murray doesn't care about it. As sure as hell Djokovic won't maul Murray and not even close.

Pretty much sums up how I feel.

It might sound silly, but I was more worried about Murray losing to Roger than I am to Nole. Beating Roger in a slam was a journey into the unknown - beating Nole in a slam isn't anymore.

batz 01-26-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warmaster (Post 7167954)
Have some faith in the Don of Dunblane, he's in such a good shape physically, he'll do fine.

He's going to soar like a haggis!

Steve0904 01-26-2013 12:53 PM

Murray will be fine. There's no shame in believing he'll win. I do.

You need a song to cheer you up mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfUYuIVbFg0

Fedex 01-26-2013 12:53 PM

Right now, Murray is getting a whiskey transfusion.

dafinch 01-26-2013 12:59 PM

Where was all this wailing when the shoe was on the other foot between the two, rest-wise, at the US Open?

Clarky21 01-26-2013 01:00 PM

I'm dreading it too. I am dreading another King Kong impersonation from Lance after he wins. I wonder if this time he will just go streaking since he can't seem to keep his clothes on. They better hand out some barf bags before the match begins in preparation. Lol.

The Bawss 01-26-2013 01:01 PM

Really? You resorted to an anti-jinx?

tennisaddict 01-26-2013 01:03 PM

If Murray plays like what he did in the SF, he has a fair chance to win.

I think it is 50-50. If 2011 Novak shows up, it is difficult, but if it is anything like 2012 AO or later, then i favor Murray.

Fedex 01-26-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve0904 (Post 7167993)
Murray will be fine. There's no shame in believing he'll win. I do.

You need a song to cheer you up mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfUYuIVbFg0

Thanks. That song's made a total resurgence.
One of the current top party tunes.

batz 01-26-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7168024)
Really? You resorted to an anti-jinx?

No - he believes it.

Fedex is never very optimistic about Murray's chances and worries about his physical frailties.

NadalDramaQueen 01-26-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7168019)
I'm dreading it too. I am dreading another King Kong impersonation from Lance after he wins. I wonder if this time he will just go streaking since he can't seem to keep his clothes on. They better hand out some barf bags before the match begins in preparation. Lol.

You don't like Novak's celebrations?

I, for one, am shocked.


The Bawss 01-26-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 7168035)

Fedex is never very optimistic about Murray's chances and worries about his physical frailties.

Not believing in his chosen player? Sounds more like a bandwagonner than a true fan.

Steve0904 01-26-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedex (Post 7168033)
Thanks. That song's made a total resurgence.
One of the current top party tunes.

I'm a bigger fan of older music actually, than I am of today's garbage even though I'm not that old. Song hasn't made a resurgence in my mind because I never let it get too far away anyway. Listen to it quite a bit. Just put the iTunes on shuffle.

Fedex 01-26-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 7168035)
No - he believes it.

Fedex is never very optimistic about Murray's chances and worries about his physical frailties.

No not anymore. It's just you need the advantages in your favour when playing Djokovic otherwise it's going to be super tough.

batz 01-26-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedex (Post 7168049)
No not anymore. It's just you need the advantages in your favour when playing Djokovic otherwise it's going to be super tough.

I agree it's best to have them - but I still think he can do well. Not long now my friend - we'll soon see.

Jeffrey573639 01-26-2013 01:10 PM

Have some faith in Muzza- he's been playing great and physically he's young enough he can recover. CMON MUZZA!!!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse