Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What Injury forced Murray drop in level in the final ? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452723)

Nostradamus 01-27-2013 07:01 AM

What Injury forced Murray drop in level in the final ?

Obviously Murray was injured towards the 2nd set tiebreaker and clearly droped in level. so the 3rd and 4th set went pretty lame and quick. What happened to Murray's leg and feet ? Blisters were seen on the foot when trainer came out but it was more than that from TV commentator's remarks.:confused:

TheF1Bob 01-27-2013 07:10 AM

Only the BBC think that this injury was the downfall of his defeat, along with the feather fiasco.

Novak played average. Muzza played average to crap. The better man won.

Deal with it. 8)

Homeboy Hotel 01-27-2013 07:12 AM

Murray has repeated multiple times that his foot blister thing was not the reason he lost

Nostradamus 01-27-2013 07:12 AM

Q. Did the blisters restrict you?
ANDY MURRAY: No. It's just a bit sore when you're running around. You know, it's not like pulling a calf muscle or something. It just hurts when you run.
But, yeah, it's not something that stops you from playing. You saw one of the guys at the beginning of the tournament, the guy Tomic played, I don't know if he burnt himself, but there's certain things that hurt when you run or hit the ball, especially blisters, but it's not something that stops you from playing or stops you from running for balls.

Comments from Andy Murray. He said No, but he only said that because he knows he can't make an excuse after the final. but he goes on to explain how much it was hurting him on movements and restricting him.

TheF1Bob 01-27-2013 07:14 AM

At least Muzza ain't blaming it for his defeat. Just for the sake of it, anyone remember when Novak had cramp in the 5th set of the US Final?

Did SKY/Eurosport said anything about it? LOL of course not and that's worse than a bloody blister.

Smasher08 01-27-2013 07:30 AM

Those blsters may very well have been the price of beating Fed.

Mainad 01-27-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smasher08 (Post 7171514)
Those blsters may very well have been the price of beating Fed.

I agree. His movement slowed considerably after he had his foot bandaged at the end of the 2nd set. It was clearly hampering him.

Still, Djokovic plays gruelling back to back 5 set matches and comes through (see 2012 AO semi and final) so clearly his fitness is superior to Murray's and everybody else on the tour.

raging 01-27-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mainad (Post 7171548)
I agree. His movement slowed considerably after he had his foot bandaged at the end of the 2nd set. It was clearly hampering him.

Still, Djokovic plays gruelling back to back 5 set matches and comes through (see 2012 AO semi and final) so clearly his fitness is superior to Murray's and everybody else on the tour.

I don't think it was the blisters, They hurt afterwards when you get water in them, the skin is soft & raw. When you are playing you can literally step on the pain, it doesn't pull like an injury & looks worse than it is.

What really hurts is knowing you blew your chance & didn't bring Novak into the 5th. Andy had chances to hurt him & prove he is the fittest player.
He worked very hard offseason(not saying Novak didn't) & will be really angry at the lost opportunity.

That will hurt a lot more than any blisters on his feet.

urban 01-27-2013 08:29 AM

I think Murray had problems in his tigh with a muscle, after having played a wide stretched half volley. He sometimes made grimaces when forced to go wide. Compared to a few years ago, when he had thin legs, he now has somewhat unnatural thick legs with enormous leg muscles.

Nostradamus 01-27-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urban (Post 7171683)
I think Murray had problems in his tigh with a muscle, after having played a wide stretched half volley. He sometimes made grimaces when forced to go wide. Compared to a few years ago, when he had thin legs, he now has somewhat unnatural thick legs with enormous leg muscles.

agree wholeheartedly. I actually suffered the same injury yesterday. I hit a backhand overhead and had to stretched out wide for the next one crosscourt forehand and did the same thing