Positives for Murray from AO 2013
Though Murray lost the final the following are the positives.
1. Murray can beat Federer in grand slam. I wish he did it in 3 sets as he looked good to do it. He got nervous in tiebreaks which he faithfully agreed. This win will increase his confidence as only Fed will be Murray's worth a challenger in Wimbledon. Murray has a great chance in Wimbledon.
2. Murray won the first set in the final. And was a better player in 2nd set. Had he won the tiebreak in 2nd set it would have been a 5 setter. Still the result would remain the same. Hence this match was close to playing a 5 setter.
3. Murray's serve and FH helped him against both Fed and Djko. In the past his serve has let him down against big 3. Also his FH was matching to Djoker and also was better than Fed. Which is a great improvement when you consider his already existing retrieving skills.
Murray is definitely showing some improvement but very gradual which is how improvement should be. The point is there is no suspison in his raise in level.
I cant see many positives from it at all.
1. He had a WEAK draw up until the semis so he should have had a TON in the tank for the semis and finals
2. He went back to his whining, little hissy fit ways and all that did was give Nole free points and the momentum
3. Didn't show any fight the final two sets and Nole didn't particularly look like his 2011 2.0 level here so Murray should have had a little better showing
4. And if he was a bit gassed for the finals, he shouldn't have blown those TB's vs. Roger.
5. His 2nd serve is still god awful
6. His showing was worse here IMO then it was last year where he took Nole right to the very end. After such a good showing at the USO, I was surprised his level regressed here so much.
I watched the match on replay and was stunned to see it was higher quality and Murray played better than most here posted. Even early in the fourth with the blisters and running out of gas, he had a good hold and a break point. If he cashes one of the break points early in the second set or doesn't get distracted by the feather, it could have been an entirely different ballgame.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:21 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse