Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Post your requests for stringing videos. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452839)

Wikky 01-27-2013 08:36 PM

Post your requests for stringing videos.

I'm doing a project with another member in my program to have some video's on youtube so that the freshman are better prepared and have something to reference when stringing at the racquet center or on internship.

Any questions anyone has had that they want to see demonstrated that are not in either Yulitle or Irvin's Videos please post them here. We'll be covering the basics; starting mains, starting crosses crosses, knots, and weaving 1 ahead. So try to make it slightly more specific if you have any questions.

Hope we can help a few people!

zapvor 02-01-2013 09:16 PM

this is cool but basically just go to Yulite and you will be fine.

1HandedBackhand 02-02-2013 09:02 PM

The man said "not Yulitle or Irvin"....what's wrong no comprehendo Zapvor?

Wikky 02-02-2013 10:50 PM

Zaps just trying to hold back all of the excitement for the videos he wants to request.

dak95_00 02-03-2013 02:26 PM

Does it have to be tennis?

I was thinking I'd like to see a video of someone pre-weaving an entire badminton racquet or I'd take a pre-weaved mains tennis racquet.

How about a sure fire technique to pull the bands off of a new set of string and not getting it tangled?

I'm sure I can think of others too.

v-verb 02-03-2013 02:44 PM

Wikky,

How do you use a starting clamp?

Thanks!

ChadW 02-03-2013 07:46 PM

How to recover when you're left with too little string on the last pull (using a starting clamp as a bridge).

cluckcluck 02-03-2013 08:17 PM

ChadW's request is good.

I would also like to suggest a video for the beginner stringer (those with drop weight machine with floating clamps and no starting clamp) how to start the mains with floating clamps.

It took me a while when I first started stringing to figure out how to do it with my DW but once I got my technique down it's been easy. A video surely would have helped me out.

zapvor 02-03-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1HandedBackhand (Post 7187875)
The man said "not Yulitle or Irvin"....what's wrong no comprehendo Zapvor?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikky (Post 7187957)
Zaps just trying to hold back all of the excitement for the videos he wants to request.

hahaha . i was just saying Yulite is a good enough resource. if you really have a request for some other video, you might as well make it yoursef

Wikky 02-04-2013 08:27 PM

I can cover everything listed EXCEPT for the Badminton request. I've actually never strung one before :( or else I'd gladly make it. Hope to have some of these up this coming week.

I can do the one with floating clamps I think but I'd say Irvin definitely already has a great video posted for that one along with Yu.

zapvor 02-04-2013 08:30 PM

oh you are lucky you never did badminton