Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   String length needed for Yonex RDiS 200? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=452916)

jonnyjack 01-28-2013 12:19 PM

String length needed for Yonex RDiS 200?

Hi guys,

I wasn't sure if I should put this in Racquets or this category. Please move if needed.

I just bought the Yonex RDiS 200 and will be stringing it up soon. The Klippermate website doesn't list the string length needed and neither does the Yonex website. So I'm asking the fellow owners, what length is needed for this racquet for both poly and synthetic gut when stringing two piece? I usually need to add anotehr foot to Klippermate's listed length when I use poly.

Thanks in advance!

Lakers4Life 01-28-2013 12:23 PM

Are you stringing using reels or a set?

mad dog1 01-28-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyjack (Post 7175239)
Hi guys,

I wasn't sure if I should put this in Racquets or this category. Please move if needed.

I just bought the Yonex RDiS 200 and will be stringing it up soon. The Klippermate website doesn't list the string length needed and neither does the Yonex website. So I'm asking the fellow owners, what length is needed for this racquet for both poly and synthetic gut when stringing two piece? I usually need to add anotehr foot to Klippermate's listed length when I use poly.

Thanks in advance!

16x19 pattern.

For Poly:

18' for mains will work but you'll likely need to bridge the final pull w/ a starting clamps so if you want to be safe, go with 18.5-19' without a starting clamp.

17' for the crosses will be plenty if you use a starting knot with a short tail and should be enough even if you use a starting clamp for your crosses. 17.5' if you want to be safe.

For syn gut, you can take 0.5' off those lengths.

jonnyjack 01-28-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers4Life (Post 7175255)
Are you stringing using reels or a set?

Packs, I got a bunch of the Kirschbaum Super Smash Orange. That's why I'm asking since the first pack I got was just a tad shorter than 40 feet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad dog1 (Post 7175292)
16x19 pattern.

For Poly:

18' for mains will work but you'll likely need to bridge the final pull w/ a starting clamps so if you want to be safe, go with 18.5-19' without a starting clamp.

17' for the crosses will be plenty if you use a starting knot with a short tail and should be enough even if you use a starting clamp for your crosses. 17.5' if you want to be safe.

For syn gut, you can take 0.5' off those lengths.

Thanks but this is why I'm asking fellow RDiS 200 owners. On my RDiS 100, it needed 21 feet for SPPP and my RDS 003 needed 20 feet for the mains. Klippermate's website listed 20 and 19 feet respectively. All three racquets are 16x19. I'm not worried about the crosses right now since I'm going to use synthetic gut packs and since those stretch so much, I will have plenty of string left.

Thanks for the replies so far.

mad dog1 01-28-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyjack (Post 7175355)
Packs, I got a bunch of the Kirschbaum Super Smash Orange. That's why I'm asking since the first pack I got was just a tad shorter than 40 feet.

Thanks but this is why I'm asking fellow RDiS 200 owners. On my RDiS 100, it needed 21 feet for SPPP and my RDS 003 needed 20 feet for the mains. Klippermate's website listed 20 and 19 feet respectively. All three racquets are 16x19. I'm not worried about the crosses right now since I'm going to use synthetic gut packs and since those stretch so much, I will have plenty of string left.

Thanks for the replies so far.

i've strung the RDiS 200s and i generally buy reels. if you're using packs, just cut the lengths in half. you'll have plenty even you only have 38'. 19' is plenty for the mains. if you're worried about running short, then do 20' for the mains and 18' for crosses. with 18' for the crosses, you'll have over 2' left over.

how are you liking the stick so far? i prefer the RDS001 MP over the RDiS 200 and RDiS 100 MP.

jonnyjack 01-28-2013 04:54 PM

Ahh, thanks mad dog. I don't normally look at who the poster is but when you mentioned the other Yonex sticks, I looked and remembered the other thread where I said I would let you know how it goes once I tried it out.

I still haven't played with them yet. I definitely like the RDiS 100 over the RDS 003 though. I'm excited to try the 200.

Red001 02-04-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyjack (Post 7175989)
Ahh, thanks mad dog. I don't normally look at who the poster is but when you mentioned the other Yonex sticks, I looked and remembered the other thread where I said I would let you know how it goes once I tried it out.

I still haven't played with them yet. I definitely like the RDiS 100 over the RDS 003 though. I'm excited to try the 200.

I use RDIS 200 and string it with polys - for mains I use 20' for crosses 18'. Depending on the stringing machine - you can get away with less in mains and crosses but you will have to use a clamp to reach a string gripper.

jonnyjack 03-09-2013 06:05 PM

Thanks guys, so I ended up needing 19'5" for the mains and 18' for the crosses. I put in a full bed of Kirschbaum Super Smash Orange 17 gauge and strung on a Klippermate. Finally strung it up two days ago.

mad dog1: I hit today with the RDiS 200 for the first time. I really like it. It's definitely softer than the RDiS 100 MP which I had no arm/shoulder issues with. I just bought these sticks too since they were on sale. I do play with a lot of spin and slice so a lot of my shots that felt like they would go long, still dropped in near the baseline. It's definitely different but I like it!