Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nadal: "these three tournaments in a row I think it will work very well for me" (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453165)

RAFA2005RG 01-30-2013 01:39 PM

Nadal: "these three tournaments in a row I think it will work very well for me"
 
Nadal informs the tennis public of his status heading into the South American swing-

Quote:

"Well I am going to play (after) a long time in a tennis tournament, professional tennis tournament, after seven months," Nadal told reporters after training on his home island of Majorca on Wednesday.

"The motivation, the illusion is big, so very happy to be back in the competition but just you know, with patience to know how the knee will answer after a long time without the top level," he added.

"The most important thing for me is the knee...that I can support the pain of the knee and then if I am able to play these three tournaments in a row I think it will work very well for me because I will have three important weeks to prepare for the rest of the season.

"I know that the first three tournaments are going to be difficult in terms of results but I am going to try everything. I will need a few weeks to see how things improve."

kishnabe 01-30-2013 01:47 PM

:(......Hope he does well...still doubt his knees are good for tournament play.

RAFA2005RG 01-30-2013 01:51 PM

Fortunately on clay, knees aren't a factor for Nadal, after he won Roland Garros with a completely numb knee. The question isn't whether he can win clay titles, rather whether he can play the other surfaces after Roland Garros. Worst case scenario is he wins Roland Garros every year.

mariecon 01-30-2013 01:51 PM

I wonder if Rosol is playing the South American swing?

woodrow1029 01-30-2013 01:52 PM

It's Nadal. It's clay. LOL. I don't see any realistic way that anyone that plays those tournaments (with the exception of maybe Ferrer or Almagro) that will be able to beat him, even after 7 months off.

veroniquem 01-30-2013 01:58 PM

I sure hope you're right. Planning on enjoying every match!

always_crosscourt 01-30-2013 02:02 PM

Ferrer and Almagro will both be bagelled by Nadal

beast of mallorca 01-30-2013 02:08 PM

I may sound like Clarky (OMG what a scary thought,lol) but playing in his first tournament ?....................not much expectation there, even if it's clay.
So, don't bet on him yet. A Guillermo Garcia Lopez or a Belluci might get him. We'll see.

MichaelNadal 01-30-2013 03:28 PM

I can't wait to see him play. He should come back with the sleeveless look and pirate pants lol. Bamos.

tennis_pro 01-30-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7180561)
Fortunately on clay, knees aren't a factor for Nadal, after he won Roland Garros with a completely numb knee. The question isn't whether he can win clay titles, rather whether he can play the other surfaces after Roland Garros. Worst case scenario is he wins Roland Garros every year.

Every single time you type "numb" on TW a kitten dies.

forzamilan90 01-30-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelNadal (Post 7180773)
I can't wait to see him play. He should come back with the sleeveless look and pirate pants lol. Bamos.

Dude, absolutely agree. The younger Rafa is the iconic one to me (the legend killer, true determination, power of youth, etc.). Sleeveless Rafa needs to make a comeback.


F*** it, while we are at, Roger should grow the ponytail back....hmmm Gillete wouldn't let him, but it'd be awesome if he grew a beard.

tennis_pro 01-30-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forzamilan90 (Post 7180791)
Dude, absolutely agree. The younger Rafa is the iconic one to me (the legend killer, true determination, power of youth, etc.). Sleeveless Rafa needs to make a comeback.


F*** it, while we are at, Roger should grow the ponytail back....hmmm Gillete wouldn't let him, but it'd be awesome if he grew a beard.


forzamilan90 01-30-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 7180798)

this is a true son of Skyrim, bears need a comeback

TheCheese 01-30-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forzamilan90 (Post 7180800)
this is a true son of Skyrim, bears need a comeback


forzamilan90 01-30-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCheese (Post 7180824)

haha I must be out of it for some reason, intended to say beards need to make a comeback, yet bears actually makes sense in that connotation. Impressive.

Doubles 01-30-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by always_crosscourt (Post 7180591)
Ferrer and Almagro will both be bagelled by Nadal

Lololololol someone doesn't watch tennis.

augustobt 01-30-2013 04:56 PM

Almagro, Ferrer and Monaco to be Bagled by Rafa in this swing.

Clarky21 01-30-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augustobt (Post 7181000)
Almagro, Ferrer and Monaco to be Bagled by Rafa in this swing.

Not gonna happen. He probably won't even show up to play at all.

Prisoner of Birth 01-30-2013 05:34 PM

I smell something bad. Clarky?

Crisstti 01-30-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodrow1029 (Post 7180567)
It's Nadal. It's clay. LOL. I don't see any realistic way that anyone that plays those tournaments (with the exception of maybe Ferrer or Almagro) that will be able to beat him, even after 7 months off.

I hope so, or I'm going to have a pair of tickets that would be hard to sell.

This doesn't sound so bad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzKbHmcds4o


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse