Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Did my stringer forget my racket? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453166)

Headshotterer 01-30-2013 03:14 PM

Did my stringer forget my racket?
 
I was playing at my school tennis club on some tennis courts this Monday, and I met a legit stringer. At the time he was in some intense rallies, so when he was taking a break I gave him a racket to string. He put it on the side of the court and resumed hitting, and I was initially worried he might leave it there. I texted him today to see if he was done stringing, but no reply.

Did he forget my racket at the court? IDK what I would do if that did happen.

LeeD 01-30-2013 03:44 PM

I think you need to ask a yeti in Nepal, not us, for he alone knows the answer.

sureshs 01-30-2013 03:45 PM

Is that guy traceable apart from that phone number? Like who he was hitting with, etc.

mad dog1 01-30-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeD (Post 7180690)
I think you need to ask a yeti in Nepal, not us, for he alone knows the answer.

great post, LeeD! :lol:

OP, how did you determine he was a "legit" stringer? because he told you he was?

MikeHitsHard93 01-30-2013 03:50 PM

LOL......that's all I have to say to this....

Lilguy1456 01-30-2013 04:16 PM

lol...this thread has some serious legs

eleventeenth street 01-30-2013 05:11 PM

probably just busy with his other job as a wallet inspector

Andyroo10567 01-30-2013 05:15 PM

Yeah, theres no way he stole your racquet. No way he gave you a fake phone number. No way he wasn't a stringer and that he just wanted a racquet for free. Theres no way he was just a phony.
Again, no way. I repeat. No way. Right?

Lilguy1456 01-30-2013 05:22 PM

I'm a pretty trusting guy and not a conspiracy theorist at all...but I don't think I would have left my racquet at the courts with a stranger...just me

Cesare 01-30-2013 05:25 PM

If that happened to me,i would beat the hell out of him.

v-verb 01-30-2013 05:29 PM

Just call him - don't bother texting him

Headshotterer 01-30-2013 05:33 PM

Just to clarify he strings rackets for anyone who asks and he is president of the club. I also tend to worry about these things because I have generalized anxiety disorder.

Chace 01-30-2013 05:48 PM

If he's the president of the club then you probably don't have anything to worry about. Just call him or go to the club and see if your racket is ready.
When you say "club" I assume you are referring to the tennis club.

Lilguy1456 01-30-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headshotterer (Post 7180957)
Just to clarify he strings rackets for anyone who asks and he is president of the club. I also tend to worry about these things because I have generalized anxiety disorder.

If you're sure that he's legit, then relax...

Something tells me you're NOT so sure though, as you brought it to the forum for reassurance...no?

mhj202 01-30-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headshotterer (Post 7180639)

Did he forget my racket at the court?

Yes he did.

sureshs 01-30-2013 06:50 PM

I think the President of the club (seems to be too high a position to be stringing) forgot the racket on the bench and someone else made off with it. He will either use it as a backup or sell it on the great bay.

Andyroo10567 01-30-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headshotterer (Post 7180957)
Just to clarify he strings rackets for anyone who asks and he is president of the club. I also tend to worry about these things because I have generalized anxiety disorder.

Glad we have something in common. Just keep calling. You will see him again eventually.

Headshotterer 01-30-2013 08:40 PM

If he loses my racket after its in his possession can I expect him to pay me back?

v-verb 01-30-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headshotterer (Post 7181249)
If he loses my racket after its in his possession can I expect him to pay me back?

I say definitely he should. Whether he does or not is a different story

The Meat 01-30-2013 09:35 PM

Next time make sure he puts the racquet in the bag, whenever I string for people in my club I always put it into my bag just in case...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse