Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Dwindling stash (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453249)

vwfye 01-31-2013 09:14 AM

Dwindling stash

Well, I've done it. The small school I work at has a group of kids that want to learn the game, but they don't have much $ to spend on racquets. So, after seeing some of them purchase crappy aluminum sticks for too much money, I decided to have a 'garage sale'. I'm selling only sticks that are still in good shape.
Black Max
PS 4.2
Black Ace 90
2 Reflexes
Comp Excel
Ti Radical Elite
Mitt Rocker 97

None will be sold for over $50

If this fills my courts, I will be a happy, happy guy... even while shedding a tear over a couple of these.

struggle 01-31-2013 09:29 AM

i could send a couple or few rackets if you need.

vwfye 01-31-2013 10:23 AM

Thank you for the offer, but I don't know yet if I'll have any takers. I only have 2 'tennis players' on campus right now. My team of twelve will have 10 newbies if I field a full squad... could be an interesting season! I can usually teach them to serve and get to net for double...

pshulam 01-31-2013 04:38 PM

How about just donating them? You will feel much better.

coachrick 01-31-2013 11:26 PM

Even though the rackets are 'classic', you should post them in the FS/FT forum(lest the mods get testy). Re: donation, I reckon some of those would be a little 'too' classic(read: small/heavy) for a beginning youngster.

I would think the Mitt Rocker would get some action if the right person sees it.

vwfye 02-01-2013 07:12 AM

I sold the 4.2 and the Bumble Bee I forgot I had yesterday. 2 happy kids! 6'4" Rwandan and a 4'11" Korean... as diverse as the sticks they now own ;)

vwfye 05-22-2013 08:21 AM

The high school season ended. My 1st year players with these old sticks did pretty well. #1 doubles went several rounds in the tournament. My #1 singles didn't win his 1st round and was kicked into a consolation bracket and won that part of the tournament. Other coaches asked me about the kids' improvement... I just told them it was the classic racquets, not the coach ;)

coachrick 05-22-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwfye (Post 7435197)
The high school season ended. My 1st year players with these old sticks did pretty well. #1 doubles went several rounds in the tournament. My #1 singles didn't win his 1st round and was kicked into a consolation bracket and won that part of the tournament. Other coaches asked me about the kids' improvement... I just told them it was the classic racquets, not the coach ;)

Well done! You may start a trend toward classics in the hands of folks younger than the rackets!!!

eman resu 05-22-2013 02:50 PM

I'm about to give my Wilson Rok to the doorkeeper (?) here where I live. He's into tennis but can't afford it, and I just have too many racquets now. I know it's a pretty demanding frame - I can't play my best with it - but then I wonder... any racquet is better than no racquet, he'll be happy and learn his way with it, especially since he doesn't have a clue about racquets. Maybe I should give him my Chang LB MP. Or let him choose his favourite, the one he finds cooler. The rok has his soccer team colors, so...

Anyway, I'm getting rid of both, and I'd be happy to donate them to those who would really be happier to use them. It's not like I'm getting rich by selling them, anyway...