Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   How serious are we ?? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453383)

Number1Coach 02-01-2013 02:29 PM

How serious are we ??

I always say you have to start young with serious dicipline , As I heard this and saw I was just blown away and embarrassed , THE TRAINERS BROUGHT IT OUT hahahah
http://youtu.be/08vU00lx8Is

love to hear all your thoughts.

Overdrive 02-01-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 7185199)
I always say you have to start young with serious dicipline , As I heard this and saw I was just blown away and embarrassed , THE TRAINERS BROUGHT IT OUT hahahah

Wow, at first I didn't understand what you were saying, but then I saw those guys and I was flabbergasted....

It would be the Americans who would make us look bad...

Chemist 02-01-2013 04:45 PM

If eating candy can make Isner a top 10 player in the world, would that suggest that our conventional wisdom about sweet is bad for tennis may be wrong? I dare to offer some support to Isner's candy eating during a match. Candy can provide quick energy to him. If he just keeps eating a little at every change over, would he sustains the "candy high" through out the match!

Number1Coach 02-01-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7185239)
Wow, at first I didn't understand what you were saying, but then I saw those guys and I was flabbergasted....

It would be the Americans who would make us look bad...

I was blown away cause I have been able to hang out with some of the top athletes in boxing and MMA and know how serious their diets are , is candy ok to eat as a top athlete ? yes during comp ? ,but when I here these guys are munching away during competition I am flabbergasted also .

I also watched one of them text messaging during the the Isner match and they even pointed out how the Brazilians were all fired up and are players were more then likely suffering from a sugar crash, unbelievable .

Number1Coach 02-01-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemist (Post 7185442)
If eating candy can make Isner a top 10 player in the world, would that suggest that our conventional wisdom about sweet is bad for tennis may be wrong? I dare to offer some support to Isner's candy eating during a match. Candy can provide quick energy to him. If he just keeps eating a little at every change over, would he sustains the "candy high" through out the match!

They said they had a big bag and they were munching away , as a top athlete no good .

Chemist 02-01-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 7185568)
They said they had a big bag and they were munching away , as a top athlete no good .

He must be starving! Do you know if he is doing this every match? Maybe candies helped him win that unbelievable marathon in 2011 Wimbledon.

omega4 02-01-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 7185199)

Yes, because candy has been proven to degrade one's ability to hit a tennis ball at the professional level.

Chemist 02-01-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega4 (Post 7185904)
Yes, because candy has been proven to degrade one's ability to hit a tennis ball at the professional level.

Most sports drinks contain high level of sugar. Candy seems to help Isner's game. Yes Isner is a big man, but he is limited in weapons comparing to other top 20 players. He has a huge 1st serve and a big forehand. This is. Many players ranked outside of 100 would have more weapons than him. But Isner is good at winning long and hard battles. You go figure why? Haha it must be candy!:)

Tamiya 02-01-2013 10:31 PM

what candy?

i wanna eat what candy they're eating... :)

chalkflewup 02-02-2013 05:26 AM

I think this candy chatter and phone talk is taken completely out of context. It's Davis Cup, a TOTALLY different environment than an ATP event.

I'm not too worried about candy. Guillermo Coria was caught doping. Gasquet "french kissed" somebody that had consumed an illegal substance and as a result he failed a drug test (what a joke of a story). Tomas Muster was a known smoker when he played. Maybe there are still a few around today who knows. Maria has her own candy line (Sugarpova's). By the way, none of those examples are Americans.

On another note, I was there yesterday and our guys were great with the fans, especially Isner. He meandered through autograph hounds to spend some time with a boy in a wheelchair. He called they boy by his name like they were best friends and then gave him some quality time. It was an amazing effort from the gentle giant.

Number1Coach 02-02-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemist (Post 7185738)
He must be starving! Do you know if he is doing this every match? Maybe candies helped him win that unbelievable marathon in 2011 Wimbledon.

it was the whole squad not just one guy .

Number1Coach 02-02-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalkflewup (Post 7186289)
I think this candy chatter and phone talk is taken completely out of context. It's Davis Cup, a TOTALLY different environment than an ATP event.

I'm not too worried about candy. Guillermo Coria was caught doping. Gasquet "french kissed" somebody that had consumed an illegal substance and as a result he failed a drug test (what a joke of a story). Tomas Muster was a known smoker when he played. Maybe there are still a few around today who knows. Maria has her own candy line (Sugarpova's). By the way, none of those examples are Americans.

On another note, I was there yesterday and our guys were great with the fans, especially Isner. He meandered through autograph hounds to spend some time with a boy in a wheelchair. He called they boy by his name like they were best friends and then gave him some quality time. It was an amazing effort from the gentle giant.

Coria was caught trying to improve his performance not wreck it ! As for Gasquet he is and idiot and obviously likes doing drugs and we see he cant get over the hump with all his talent and I always wondered why until I heard about his FAMOUS kiss then I explained to my player why he was having shortfalls , I have had a great history with that vitamin Gasquet is fond of made a lot of money off it and trust me it will ruin you and cause a lack of improvement .

Chalk when you have trainers passing out candy to our players during competition we are in trouble which we can already see is the talk of everyone , "whats wrong with American tennis" , couldn't imagine Fed or Gluten free Djoke's trainer showing up with a bag of goodies from Halloween"during competition !

As for it being Davis it is more important then and ATP match right ? should matter more right ? you should bring your absolute best right ? No excuses now your no longer alone you have teammates , my player longs to play Davis cup for the pride of the USA , before his match with the Croation at the OB he had Americans tell him just try and win a set , he looked at me and said "this kid is on the wrong soil today " then when out and took care of business . His whole goal was to final at the OB for himself and the USA ,, So please explain how it was different then and ATP event ?

chalkflewup 02-02-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 7186378)
Coria was caught trying to improve his performance not wreck it ! As for Gasquet he is and idiot and obviously likes doing drugs and we see he cant get over the hump with all his talent and I always wondered why until I heard about his FAMOUS kiss then I explained to my player why he was having shortfalls , I have had a great history with that vitamin Gasquet is fond of made a lot of money off it and trust me it will ruin you and cause a lack of improvement .

Chalk when you have trainers passing out candy to our players during competition we are in trouble which we can already see is the talk of everyone , "whats wrong with American tennis" , couldn't imagine Fed or Gluten free Djoke's trainer showing up with a bag of goodies from Halloween"during competition !

As for it being Davis it is more important then and ATP match right ? should matter more right ? you should bring your absolute best right ? No excuses now your no longer alone you have teammates , my player longs to play Davis cup for the pride of the USA , before his match with the Croation at the OB he had Americans tell him just try and win a set , he looked at me and said "this kid is on the wrong soil today " then when out and took care of business . His whole goal was to final at the OB for himself and the USA ,, So please explain how it was different then and ATP event ?

Um, um OK. Congrats to your son for winning his match.

Chemist 02-02-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 7186352)
it was the whole squad not just one guy .

I did not recognize it happened yesterday in the tie of US vs Brazi:oops:l. Jim Courier is the captain of the US team. Should we trust him that he knows how to win tennis matches and he would do all he can to help Team USA win this tie? I have a feeling this candy is specifically made for tennis players. It should also be safe and contain no deer antlers:roll:

chalkflewup 02-02-2013 12:44 PM

Houston we have a problem. BryBros down 2 sets to 1 to Brazil. I don't see the twins on their phones and I don't see them eating any candy.

Chemist 02-02-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalkflewup (Post 7187089)
Houston we have a problem. BryBros down 2 sets to 1 to Brazil. I don't see the twins on their phones and I don't see them eating any candy.

I trust the twins for closing out the tie for Team USA today! Come on bring out the candy!:)

tennisforlife77 02-02-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 7186378)

Brad - it was a great win against Coria - now you are going to have to move on - its not a career - how did the futures series in Florida go? No Excuses...

tennisforlife77 02-02-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisforlife77 (Post 7187463)
Brad - it was a great win against Coria - now you are going to have to move on - its not a career - how did the futures series in Florida go? No Excuses...

i mean the Croation in the OB! whatever his name was..

fleabitten 02-02-2013 05:06 PM

meh. I think we are making a mountain out of a molehill. I bet it doesn't happen too often.

Number1Coach 02-02-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisforlife77 (Post 7187463)

played one event lost 63 64 in the 2nd round to a tough player from Brazil ,guy was good he came back out the next week and took out fellow American Kozlov 60 62 , these guys from other countrys are coming out and their hungry and their not hungry for sweet tarts and Snickers .

all our young guys need to tighten up everything in their games and lives cause most the guys in the futures are what I call the bottom feeders and they are all on survival mode .