Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tennis Southeast Asia; Australia (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453389)

gbgTennis 02-01-2013 03:08 PM

Tennis Southeast Asia; Australia

Hey,

In 3 days i'm leaving germany to travel southeast asia and later Australia, maybe New Zealand. I'll be staying for about 9 months.

My first station will be Bangkok, from where I'll be heading to Laos, later Malaysia and down to Singapur. I don't know exactly where i'm going to go, and neither do I know when I am going where, that's all going to be decided spontaneously.

So if anyone in the general area wants to play some tennis I'd love to come by if at all possible :)

Also if there are some coaches out there that you know, or if you're a coach yourself, and you might be needing some help and a co-trainer for a couple of weeks, maybe a tenniscamp or something like that, it'd be great if i could work that way.

If you feel adressed by the above I'd love to hear from you.

To my person:

Im 19 years old, just finished school, and dont feel like going to university yet, that's why i'm going to travel for a while. I have been playing tennis for quite a long time now, and would consider myself advanced level player.
Also i've finished my trainers license last year.

Greetings

gbgTennis

peoplespeace 02-02-2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbgTennis (Post 7185259)
Hey,

In 3 days i'm leaving germany to travel southeast asia and later Australia, maybe New Zealand. I'll be staying for about 9 months.

My first station will be Bangkok, from where I'll be heading to Laos, later Malaysia and down to Singapur. I don't know exactly where i'm going to go, and neither do I know when I am going where, that's all going to be decided spontaneously.

So if anyone in the general area wants to play some tennis I'd love to come by if at all possible :)

Also if there are some coaches out there that you know, or if you're a coach yourself, and you might be needing some help and a co-trainer for a couple of weeks, maybe a tenniscamp or something like that, it'd be great if i could work that way.

If you feel adressed by the above I'd love to hear from you.

To my person:

Im 19 years old, just finished school, and dont feel like going to university yet, that's why i'm going to travel for a while. I have been playing tennis for quite a long time now, and would consider myself advanced level player.
Also i've finished my trainers license last year.

Greetings

gbgTennis

Hi gbgTennis,

Ill be back in Bangkok for a few days from monday. Ive just been to the places ur going to (Malaysia, singapore, australia(melbourne)) and i can advice u on the best places to play all those places, but it¨ll be difficult to find temporary jobs as assistant coach those places :( But i know where u should go if u want to give it a try anyhow.

If ur up for it with jet lag and all lets have a hit in Bangkok on tuesday or wednesday.

Cheers!

onehandbh 02-02-2013 05:56 AM

Feel free to contact me if you come to Bali, Indonesia.
Here is the red clay court I play on there sometimes:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8GVpJT8s0BQ

I will also be going to Singapore at least a couple times in the next 7-9
months but haven't scheduled the exact dates yet.

gbgTennis 02-05-2013 05:49 AM

That sounds great, thanks both of you!!
Peoplespeace, are you still in Bangkok at friday? I'm arriving at the 7.2. and dont think I'll be able to play tennis on my first day there.
But I'd love to have a hit and listen to some first hand experience!

gbgTennis 02-05-2013 05:50 AM

And to onehandbh, I may very well visit Bali. If so I'll definitely text you. Also when I'm in Singapur, although I don't know yet when that will be.

peoplespeace 02-07-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbgTennis (Post 7192605)
Peoplespeace, are you still in Bangkok at friday? I'm arriving at the 7.2. and dont think I'll be able to play tennis on my first day there.

Yes still here, can u play friday early afternoon say 1 or 2 pm?

peoplespeace 02-07-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbgTennis (Post 7192605)

Yes still here, can u play friday early afternoon say 1 or 2 pm?

gbgTennis 02-07-2013 01:28 PM

yea, sounds great. do you have experience with public courts in bangkok already?

gbgTennis 02-07-2013 01:31 PM

Also with borrowing a racquet?? :D

iyudhi 02-07-2013 04:37 PM

They have a red clay court in Bali? I can't believe it.... I was there last Dec.. should've tried to get some court time :(

really hard to find one in California..

Quote:

Originally Posted by onehandbh (Post 7186309)
Feel free to contact me if you come to Bali, Indonesia.
Here is the red clay court I play on there sometimes:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8GVpJT8s0BQ

I will also be going to Singapore at least a couple times in the next 7-9
months but haven't scheduled the exact dates yet.

peoplespeace 02-07-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbgTennis (Post 7198457)
yea, sounds great. do you have experience with public courts in bangkok already?

No i dont, if u mean free courts, i dont think there are any. This is what u might call an urban country club. For a one day membership u pay 400 bath (13usd) for use of tennis courts, gym, pool, internet. Im playing with a knocker at 1pm to 3 pm. Feel free to join. The knocker is 300-400 bath an hour which we will share if u join today. The place is call Racket Club and is near Thong Lor BTS sky train station. If u want to join then confirm here and meet me at the club reception at 12.45. To get there u tell one of the scooter drivers waiting by the BTS station by soi (street) 49 that u want to go to Racket Club (they all know it). He will charge 20 bath.

peoplespeace 02-07-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbgTennis (Post 7198463)
Also with borrowing a racquet?? :D

I have one u can borrow!

gbgTennis 02-07-2013 06:08 PM

Alright ill be there :)

peoplespeace 02-09-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbgTennis (Post 7198907)
Alright ill be there :)

Great hitting yesterday gbgtennis, ur an awesome player, i look forward to see when u will start fighting for atp points! Im playing with a knocker again sunday at 5-7 pm. Join if u like, conditions are the same as last. Maybe monday we can play without having to pay for a knocker, but apparently not during weekends.

Cheers!

gbgTennis 02-19-2013 07:48 AM

Im sorry, im just seeing this now. It really was great fun! Ill be back in Bangkok in about 3 weeks so if you're still around I'd really like to have a hit again. If not I wish you all the best for your south America journey. And Denmark is not that far anyways so I should be around sometime :) good luck and see you soon

peoplespeace 02-23-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbgTennis (Post 7224285)
Im sorry, im just seeing this now. It really was great fun! Ill be back in Bangkok in about 3 weeks so if you're still around I'd really like to have a hit again. If not I wish you all the best for your south America journey. And Denmark is not that far anyways so I should be around sometime :) good luck and see you soon

Nolonger in Asia, back in europe. U are most welcome to come by copenhagen this summer for some intensive hitting and matchplay :)