Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nadal on doping (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453481)

sureshs 02-02-2013 01:24 PM

Nadal on doping

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UQ2Rc6VEEpg

Nadal hasn't played since losing in the second round to Czech Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon in June.

The 26-year-old Spaniard said he'd passed six blood and urine doping tests since then. In the wake of cyclist Lance Armstrong's doping admission, Nadal said he supports strict controls to keep tennis clean.

"Above all, the sport must be clean. We must have certainty that the rival in front is as clean as I am," he said. "I don't have any problem with having controls every week to combat what has happened in other sports. Tennis continues to be a clean sport as it has been throughout its history."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Shame on the people who make baseless allegations against the humble GOAT.

Sid_Vicious 02-02-2013 01:27 PM

Throughout history? I think many players in the 70s-80s took PEDs without even knowing they were PEDs. Didn't Mcenroe use DMSO to boost his recovery time? He said it helped him, but I don't think DMSO is a banned substance.

I was kinda shocked to read that Mcenroe used DMSO. I have used in chemistry lab so many times before.

mariecon 02-02-2013 01:39 PM

Just because someone passes a drug test, doesn't mean he's clean. Just ask Lance Armstrong.:rolleyes:

Mike Sams 02-02-2013 01:58 PM

They don't do any real strict testing in tennis. It's all nonsense. The ATP won't even touch it's superstars. Djokovic hasn't been tested in 6 months! :lol:

sureshs 02-02-2013 01:59 PM

Nadal is clean, and the GOAT (Olympics singles gold clinched that). Just deal with it.

Mike Sams 02-02-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7187230)
Nadal is clean, and the GOAT (Olympics singles gold clinched that). Just deal with it.

Gold medal :lol: :lol:

Speranza 02-02-2013 02:05 PM

Sureshs, I would like to donate the word "carries" to your thread title ;-)

Phoenix1983 02-02-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7187161)
We must have certainty that the rival in front is as clean as I am," he said.

I assume he means Ferrer? :)

Speranza 02-02-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix1983 (Post 7187256)
I assume he means Ferrer? :)

Very good :-)

90's Clay 02-02-2013 02:23 PM

Well Nadal has to worry about the doping.. Afterall, he gets tested more in one day then Djoker does in an entire year.

Agassifan 02-02-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7187161)
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UQ2Rc6VEEpg

Nadal hasn't played since losing in the second round to Czech Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon in June.

The 26-year-old Spaniard said he'd passed six blood and urine doping tests since then. In the wake of cyclist Lance Armstrong's doping admission, Nadal said he supports strict controls to keep tennis clean.

"Above all, the sport must be clean. We must have certainty that the rival in front is as clean as I am," he said. "I don't have any problem with having controls every week to combat what has happened in other sports. Tennis continues to be a clean sport as it has been throughout its history."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Shame on the people who make baseless allegations against the humble GOAT.

Umm... that is strange. In the past he has been vehemently against testing.

Gonzalito17 02-02-2013 03:06 PM

Angel Heredia, a rogue from Mexico and the fitness coach of boxer Juan Manuel Marquez, told Spiegel Sport that he knows how to create 25 different PEDs which are undetectable to doping testers.

Heredia, who has a changed name, was the supplier for Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery.

mariecon 02-02-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90's Clay (Post 7187269)
Well Nadal has to worry about the doping.. Afterall, he gets tested more in one day then Djoker does in an entire year.

I don't think anyone's denying that Djoker's undertested. It really is appalling and the fact that he flaunts it by telling the world is even more appalling. But it doesn't really matter either way because these guys know how to get around the testing. Just ask Lance.:twisted:

marc45 02-02-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agassifan (Post 7187271)
Umm... that is strange. In the past he has been vehemently against testing.

oh yeah, where's that quote?

The_Order 02-02-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc45 (Post 7187337)

In his imagination.

Agassifan 02-02-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc45 (Post 7187337)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/7885314.stm

You can justify his comments whichever way you want, but if you want a clean sport, you CANNOT object to drug testing procedures. However severe they are, they will always be two steps behind the cheats. Not saying Nadal is cheating, btw.

mltaylor 02-02-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7187230)

Huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshs View Post
This summer, he won an Olympics singles medal which enabled him to become the current GOAT, with his many achievements overshadowing his H2H against Nadal and Nadal's Gold medal and DC records.

Quote:
His extra Slams compensate for that.

Also I feel that Nadal's injuries have become too serious and his breaks from the tour are unfair to others like Fed who compete week in and week out. Say Nadal disappears for a few months every year and then ends up beating Fed's Slam numbers - it would not be a fair comparison as Fed was entertaining crowds and bringing in money year around

Prisoner of Birth 02-02-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mltaylor (Post 7187467)
Huh.

Quote:
This summer, he won an Olympics singles medal which enabled him to become the current GOAT, with his many achievements overshadowing his H2H against Nadal and Nadal's Gold medal and DC records.

Quote:
His extra Slams compensate for that.

Also I feel that Nadal's injuries have become too serious and his breaks from the tour are unfair to others like Fed who compete week in and week out. Say Nadal disappears for a few months every year and then ends up beating Fed's Slam numbers - it would not be a fair comparison as Fed was entertaining crowds and bringing in money year around

He's a troll. A good troll but still a troll :)

mellowyellow 02-02-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariecon (Post 7187194)
Just because someone passes a drug test, doesn't mean he's clean. Just ask Lance Armstrong.:rolleyes:

Yea, how ironic to use that example, like Marion Jones and her boyfriend, passed Olympic Style Drug testing. My question is when are the organizations going to start sueing the WADA or USADA for failing to find these "cheats" before instead of years after? WADA/USADA are scams, backed by the same pharms that create the PED's. Giant circle of revenue....

mariecon 02-02-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropShotArtist (Post 7187756)
Good job OP. We finally have proof that Nadal's team has put him on a PED that evades the current tests.

Either that or these guys are getting forewarning of when a test is taking place.