Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New Vapor 9's on TW (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453539)

BER256 02-03-2013 10:56 AM

New Vapor 9's on TW

I just saw the new orange vapor 9's on tennis warehouse page.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike...E-NMV9TWO.html
They look alright, there are other versions of the vapors that I prefer

BER256 02-03-2013 10:57 AM

Also these are new too i guess?
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike...E-NMV9TYW.html
I definitely like the first new colorway better

PhotoBlue 02-03-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BER256 (Post 7188767)
Also these are new too i guess?
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike...E-NMV9TYW.html
I definitely like the first new colorway better

Yes they're new also. You're not digging the volts?

BER256 02-03-2013 12:18 PM

They are a little too bright for my taste. I like more subtle colorways. For example those tw exclusive gr4's were way too much. Which colorway do you like the most out of these 2?

DeFrank 02-03-2013 12:30 PM

If the Volt V's had a little more white and a little less black (more like Volt Cb's) they would be amazing. Too little white to break up the volt on volt and volt on black

BER256 02-03-2013 01:09 PM

ehh, i was never a fan of any of the volt colored shoes.

PhotoBlue 02-03-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeFrank (Post 7188991)
If the Volt V's had a little more white and a little less black (more like Volt Cb's) they would be amazing. Too little white to break up the volt on volt and volt on black

Yeah I think they would look better if they had a white midsole. I'm planning on getting them at Miami masters this year and the pink ones around march 1. I'm not a huge fan of the white/orange. Currently I have the white/blue/silver which looks great.

Bergboy123 02-03-2013 02:38 PM

Volt is my absolute fav! I have volt colored shirt, shorts, and socks as well! Shoes would complete it haha!

PhotoBlue 02-03-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergboy123 (Post 7189310)
Volt is my absolute fav! I have volt colored shirt, shorts, and socks as well! Shoes would complete it haha!

You'd be a freaking tennis ball.

augustobt 02-03-2013 03:18 PM

Loved those vapors! Way better than the Volt ones, for example.

omega4 02-03-2013 04:30 PM

I thought the Nike Vapors weren't very durable, at least when compared against Asics and Prince shoes.

Nojoke 02-03-2013 06:12 PM

I would by ten pairs of these shoes if they would just come out with one ... One pair that is not awful. I undesrtand some folks want neon and pink and bright orange. Give me one pair of black w white swoosh or something like the vapor v black mesh and I will buy five pairs tomorrow. Or better yet a legitimate oreo style. I keep waiting for one good pair and miss out on ones i could have bought --cincy style-- because i figured something decent had to be in the pipeline. So far i figured wrong.

PhotoBlue 02-03-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega4 (Post 7189478)
I thought the Nike Vapors weren't very durable, at least when compared against Asics and Prince shoes.

They're not durable at all. I'll go through them in a month and a half rotating out with other various shoes. Still amazing shoes though...

parasailing 02-03-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoBlue (Post 7189709)
They're not durable at all. I'll go through them in a month and a half rotating out with other various shoes. Still amazing shoes though...

Completely agree about the durability but nothing beats it in comfort and support.

omega4 02-04-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nojoke (Post 7189653)
I would by ten pairs of these shoes if they would just come out with one ... One pair that is not awful. I undesrtand some folks want neon and pink and bright orange. Give me one pair of black w white swoosh or something like the vapor v black mesh and I will buy five pairs tomorrow. Or better yet a legitimate oreo style. I keep waiting for one good pair and miss out on ones i could have bought --cincy style-- because i figured something decent had to be in the pipeline. So far i figured wrong.

I think these Vapor 9 shoes can be customized color-wise to your specifications via the Nike website.

I was ready to pull the trigger on a pair until I did some research and learned that the Nike Vapor 9 shoes are not durable.

omega4 02-04-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoBlue (Post 7189709)

Quote:

Originally Posted by parasailing (Post 7189831)
Completely agree about the durability but nothing beats it in comfort and support.

That's what surprises me about the Nike Vapor 9 shoes and their lack of durability.

I have some Nike SparQ crosstrainer shoes and some Nike Vomero running shoes and they're both incredibly durable and look fantastic over my years of using them.

I can't understand why Nike wouldn't make their tennis shoes just as durable.

parasailing 02-04-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega4 (Post 7190239)
That's what surprises me about the Nike Vapor 9 shoes and their lack of durability.

I have some Nike SparQ crosstrainer shoes and some Nike Vomero running shoes and they're both incredibly durable and look fantastic over my years of using them.

I can't understand why Nike wouldn't make their tennis shoes just as durable.

Vapors have never been known for durability and Nike has decided to keep it that way. Imagine how much they would lose if they offered a guarantee on it. This model, Vapor 9, is the just the best tennis shoe I have ever worn. Only thing that would make it ever better would be to add a tire tread like they have on the Propulse with the Michelins. That would make the shoe GSOAT!!

bosssauce 02-04-2013 11:46 AM

They come out with new ones every month

omega4 02-05-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parasailing (Post 7191011)
Vapors have never been known for durability and Nike has decided to keep it that way. Imagine how much they would lose if they offered a guarantee on it. This model, Vapor 9, is the just the best tennis shoe I have ever worn. Only thing that would make it ever better would be to add a tire tread like they have on the Propulse with the Michelins. That would make the shoe GSOAT!!

While I'm not exactly in the poorhouse, am I the only one who finds it hard to justify spending that kind of money on shoes that don't last as long as other comparable shoes?

parasailing 02-05-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega4 (Post 7193573)
While I'm not exactly in the poorhouse, am I the only one who finds it hard to justify spending that kind of money on shoes that don't last as long as other comparable shoes?

No you are not. My previous pairs of shoes had 6 month warranties so I ended up purchasing a pair of shoes with the second pair covered by the warranty replacement. With the Vapor 9s, it's now 4x the cost so it is a significant expense for sure. There isn't any shoe out there that is comparable in terms of comfort, support, and speed.

The Asic Speed Solutions come close and base on my usage, lasts probably about 5 months compared to 3 months for the Vapors.