Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Who will win the 2013 French Open? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453666)

Prisoner of Birth 02-04-2013 03:33 PM

Who will win the 2013 French Open?
 
Just thought it'd be interesting to see what people think before Nadal returns and shows us what shape he's currently in.

MonkeyBoy 02-04-2013 03:44 PM

Djokovic

Dark horses:
Murray
Ferrer

mariecon 02-04-2013 03:47 PM

Need I remind you that Murray has NEVER won a clay court tournament?:shock:

MonkeyBoy 02-04-2013 03:48 PM

I honestly think he has a better chance than Nadal.

mariecon 02-04-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy (Post 7191552)
I honestly think he has a better chance than Nadal.

Better than Federer, on clay?

Let's just say for argument's sake that Federer gets Ferrer in his half and Djoker gets Murray and Nadal (now I know this is virtually impossible since Fed always gets the crappy draws) but let's just say. Would you maybe change your opinion?

Steve0904 02-04-2013 03:56 PM

I'm still saying Nadal until proven otherwise. That will mean he will have to lose at the French, so I will be wrong, but I can't pick against him. He's that good.

Prisoner of Birth 02-04-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve0904 (Post 7191577)
I'm still saying Nadal until proven otherwise. That will mean he will have to lose at the French, so I will be wrong, but I can't pick against him. He's that good.

That's pretty much my reasoning, too.

paulorenzo 02-04-2013 04:03 PM

djokovic or nadal. if nadal is showing any sort of resemblance to his former clay court prowess in the next couple weeks, then i think he has enough time to find his form and take it. if not, edge to djokovic.

outside chance to federer, ferrer, and murray.

Djokodal Fan 02-04-2013 04:14 PM

why do we even have any poll in this forum? You know the results when you are surrounded by some *******s!

Sid_Vicious 02-04-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djokodal Fan (Post 7191611)
why do we even have any poll in this forum? You know the results when you are surrounded by some *******s!

Nadal and Djokovic are the current leaders, moron.

Hawkeye7 02-04-2013 04:18 PM

I voted Murray, just for trolling purposes. No one is giving him a chance there, so it would justify the wildest trolling spree these boards have ever seen if it were to happen. :twisted:

Now with a little less delusion, I'm gonna say (hope) Rafa.

Sid_Vicious 02-04-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye7 (Post 7191617)
I voted Murray, just for trolling purposes. No one is giving him a chance there, so it would justify the wildest trolling spree these boards have ever seen if it were to happen. :twisted:

Now with a little less delusion, I'm gonna say (hope) Rafa.

I don't think Murray will win, but I expect him to play his best RG this year. He has made the SF already and he has only gotten better. Can't count Murray out...weirder things have happened. Djokovic almost lost to Tsonga last year.

Prisoner of Birth 02-04-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious (Post 7191624)
I don't think Murray will win, but I expect him to play his best RG this year. He has made the SF already and he has only gotten better. Can't count Murray out...weirder things have happened. Djokovic almost lost to Tsonga last year.

So you're basically saying he'll be runners-up, right?

Fuji 02-04-2013 04:25 PM

I have my money on someone outside the top 10 winning it. Darkhorse time!

-Fuji

Hawkeye7 02-04-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious (Post 7191624)
I don't think Murray will win, but I expect him to play his best RG this year. He has made the SF already and he has only gotten better. Can't count Murray out...weirder things have happened. Djokovic almost lost to Tsonga last year.

Weirdly enough, he said the same.

We'll see, I guess. If he were to get the 2nd seed things could get interesting. I guess we'll have to wait and see how well he performs in the other clay tournaments this year.

Gonzo_style 02-04-2013 04:28 PM

Djokovicforthewin

TheF1Bob 02-04-2013 04:32 PM

Someone who doesn't take drugs. 8)

Nickzor 02-04-2013 04:33 PM

I'm gonna have to go with Nadal, I mean he is undeniably the KING OF CLAY, I'm not a *******, but he really something else on clay, he might have been on a long injury break, but how many times has he cOme back from injury only to play as if his not even injured at all, When you watch him play, he plays like someone who doesn't look injured whatsoever, 2012 aus open final? Wow look at this guy running around for 6 hours, oh yeah! Btw he has chronic knee problems!

BorisBeckerFan 02-04-2013 04:34 PM

If Nadal isn't healthy my choice is Fed.

Towser83 02-04-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariecon (Post 7191551)
Need I remind you that Murray has NEVER won a clay court tournament?:shock:

He's never even made a clay final


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse