Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A racket from TW Demo program (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453701)

Lakers4Life 02-04-2013 10:44 PM

A racket from TW Demo program
 
One of my friends got this New BLX Blade 98 from the Demo Program. Whoever strung this racket should be fired.


mikeespinmusic 02-04-2013 11:56 PM

It was probably done by a previous demo tester and the tw people may not have noticed it.

themitchmann 02-05-2013 04:17 AM

That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen (and I've seen some bad stringing).

Make sure you post this in the TW Comments/Questions section.

mikeler 02-05-2013 04:27 AM

Guess somebody ran a little short on string!

Irvin 02-05-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeler (Post 7192484)
Guess somebody ran a little short on string!

If you think about it, it was more than likely done by someone who ran short on string trying to save every inch they could. They got a demo from TW that either had a string they didn't like or the string broke. It wasn't their racket and they did not want to waste another 400+ inches of string so they made do.

I think it is a good example of why you should not just let anyone string your racket. I've seem worse when someone brought me a Wilson racket with the bottom cross skipped because the mains tied at 6T blocking hole 7T with two strings (or because then ran short.) anyway they tied off the string from 9T on the outside of the frame on the string going from 10T to 6T. The guy said the knot tail got caught on everything and drove him nuts when he would spin the racket.

zapvor 02-05-2013 07:19 AM

nice........yea i think they ran short on string

Irvin 02-05-2013 07:28 AM

Think about this, how did they pull tension on that (short) bottom string? Or did they?

MAX PLY 02-05-2013 08:01 AM

Wow. I am not sure I have ever seen this. I suspect a user either broke a string and tried to tie it off or restrung it and was either short or broke the string at the tie off hole and "coped." I suspect no tension was pulled on that last string. Either way it is unfortunate. Doubly so, since TW did not catch it (although I expect demand is high for that frame right now and they were likely under pressure to turn it around--note to TW: inspect demos from now on.) It also looks like full bed of poly--I am surprised demos are strung with poly (but again maybe a user re-strung). Anyway, hope it gets fixed.

Lakers4Life 02-05-2013 10:08 AM

MAX, if you look at the second picture, it's listed as Poly on the label.

Andyroo10567 02-05-2013 10:09 AM

That looks pretty cool!

GMay 02-05-2013 10:36 AM

I ordered a racquet from TW about a year ago --- the new pure drive. Even though we have a stringer, I had them string it for me and it was the absolute worst string job ever. They had actually damaged the grommets on my new racquet and the strings were super loose. They sent me a new racquet and I just had my husband do it for me.

MAX PLY 02-05-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers4Life (Post 7193264)
MAX, if you look at the second picture, it's listed as Poly on the label.

Ah, I see. Thanks. I virtually never hit a demo--have been hitting with Wilson 6.1 95s in every incarnation (except the BLX 2 (still hitting with the black/red version--stocked up on them) since the Pro Staff Classic 6.1 (leaving my trusty 200gs)--so do demos all come with poly now or is it upon request? Most of the ones I see in the stores around here (Atlanta) are strung with NXT or some other decent synthetic.

Lakers4Life 02-05-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX PLY (Post 7193521)
Ah, I see. Thanks. I virtually never hit a demo--have been hitting with Wilson 6.1 95s in every incarnation (except the BLX 2 (still hitting with the black/red version--stocked up on them) since the Pro Staff Classic 6.1 (leaving my trusty 200gs)--so do demos all come with poly now or is it upon request? Most of the ones I see in the stores around here (Atlanta) are strung with NXT or some other decent synthetic.

I don't quite know for sure, but usually they use what's available. My friend demos racket from TW quite often. It's a pretty good deal, up to 4 rackets for $10. This was one of four rackets that was shipped. I laughed when I saw it.

Wikky 02-05-2013 02:39 PM

Although this is terrible... that knot is actually pretty impressive.

db10s 02-05-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikky (Post 7194090)
Although this is terrible... that knot is actually pretty impressive.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

TW Staff 02-05-2013 03:46 PM

Lakers4Life,

All apologies for the demo getting to you like that. In the hustle bustle of turning demos around and getting them shipped back to you, looks like we definitely missed one of the "custom" string jobs we often receive back from customers trying our demos.

If you can contact our customer service department, we will make sure to go the extra mile to take care of you and get you a demo ASAP (strung the right way of course).

1 (800) 883-6647
Info@tennis-warehouse.com

We genuinely appreciate feedback we get from you guys, and we are always happy for a chance to improve our services to you.

Aaron
TW Customer Service

Lakers4Life 02-05-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7194228)
Lakers4Life,

All apologies for the demo getting to you like that. In the hustle bustle of turning demos around and getting them shipped back to you, looks like we definitely missed one of the "custom" string jobs we often receive back from customers trying our demos.

If you can contact our customer service department, we will make sure to go the extra mile to take care of you and get you a demo ASAP (strung the right way of course).

1 (800) 883-6647
Info@tennis-warehouse.com

We genuinely appreciate feedback we get from you guys, and we are always happy for a chance to improve our services to you.

Aaron
TW Customer Service

Aaron, thank for the reply. My friend was the one who ordered the demo. He'll send it back with other rackets he's demoing later this week.

db10s 02-05-2013 04:32 PM

----------------

hyperion99 02-05-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvin (Post 7192823)
Think about this, how did they pull tension on that (short) bottom string? Or did they?

I think that he did not pull the last cross because he didn't have enough string but I like the improvisation though.

Even though nobody should do that but I would have finished on the 19th cross so it could hold better tension if I was in his position.

pkshooter 02-07-2013 03:22 PM

That's the coolest thing I've ever seen.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse