Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Men and Tennis bags with backpack straps OR Tennis backpacks (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453703)

omega4 02-04-2013 11:09 PM

Men and Tennis bags with backpack straps OR Tennis backpacks

Is it customary for men to use Tennis bags with backpack straps? Or is it mainly for women/girls to use?

Same question but for those backpacks that you put tennis racquets in?

The Meat 02-05-2013 06:06 AM

Tennis bags with backpack straps or backpacks that you can fit tennis racquets in?

All tennis bags have backpack straps, its the most efficient way of carrying your stuff.

omega4 02-05-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat (Post 7192640)
Tennis bags with backpack straps or backpacks that you can fit tennis racquets in?

All tennis bags have backpack straps, its the most efficient way of carrying your stuff.

Ahh, I see. Thank you.

It's been a while since I last got a bag. My current bag is almost 20 years old and just has 1 single strap.

The Meat 02-05-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega4 (Post 7192657)
Ahh, I see. Thank you.

It's been a while since I last got a bag. My current bag is almost 20 years old and just has 1 single strap.

Yeah I never really understood why companies made the single strap bags, I'd imagine that it wouldn't be great on the shoulders if you wear it like a sling bag.

omega4 02-05-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat (Post 7192753)
Yeah I never really understood why companies made the single strap bags, I'd imagine that it wouldn't be great on the shoulders if you wear it like a sling bag.

I got my tennis bag way back in the day when golf bags also came with just one strap (the tour staff golf bags still come with one strap for the most part). It wasn't too bad to carry but admittedly not as comfortable as having 2 straps.

But now the non-tour staff golf bags come with 2 straps, much like their counterpart tennis bags.

I remember a time when EVERY tennis racquet came with a headcover. It's interesting to see how some racquets don't any more.

coachrick 02-05-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat (Post 7192753)

Certainly the back straps can come in handy; but do you really need them in the way when all you're doing is walking from the parking lot to the court? Maybe so...if you're texting all the while ;)

coachrick 02-05-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat (Post 7192640)

I'd have to think there are a fair number of tennis bags withOUT the backpack straps. 'We' did without them for two or three decades after the 'boom' hit.

texacali 02-05-2013 01:00 PM

I thought usually bags that hold 6 or more rackets typically have the double backpack type straps. I have a three pack and it has only the one sling strap. Also have a backpack which holds two rackets. Noticed men tend to use the bags vs. a backpack as their main tennis "luggage". Maybe a backpack looks too "girly"?

KayFactor 02-05-2013 01:32 PM

Or maybe we can't afford the big two strap racket bag and so we settle for 1 strap three racket ones.

dman72 02-06-2013 06:34 AM

I have a 6 racquet Babolat club bag that has a sling strap and no backpack straps.

I walk from my car to the club or the courts with the bag in one hand..it has 4 racquets and everything else I need. During the summer the other hand has an igloo 64 ounce water jug.

If I had 12 racquets maybe I'd need backpack straps.

retrograde 02-08-2013 09:17 PM

My Addidas bag from a few years ago has both a single shoulder strap (nice and wide pad) and hidden dual backpack straps. I almost always use the single strap but sometimes use the backpack strap when riding my motorcycle to the courts.