Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Which is better? Yonex 308 or 304F (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453726)

volleygirl 02-05-2013 05:56 AM

Which is better? Yonex 308 or 304F
 
After reading lots of good things about Yonex's shoes, I am going to get my first pair. Which would you go with between the Yonex 308 and the 304F and why? thanks

Chivo 02-05-2013 07:47 AM

I have both pairs. The 304's fit a wider foot better. I feel faster and have more lateral support with the 308's. Plus the 308's get bonus points for looking much more cool than the 304's.

volleygirl 02-05-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chivo (Post 7192876)
I have both pairs. The 304's fit a wider foot better. I feel faster and have more lateral support with the 308's. Plus the 308's get bonus points for looking much more cool than the 304's.


Is cushioning about the same on these 2 shoes?

Chivo 02-05-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volleygirl (Post 7192903)
Is cushioning about the same on these 2 shoes?

They both have the power cushion sole. The only difference I feel is the heel seems higher with the 308's but the cushioning doesn't seem different. You feel like your weight is more forward with the 308's.

WildVolley 02-05-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chivo (Post 7192876)
I have both pairs. The 304's fit a wider foot better. I feel faster and have more lateral support with the 308's. Plus the 308's get bonus points for looking much more cool than the 304's.

This is good to know. The 304s are my match shoes, and I've always worn them because they don't pinch my toes and have good forefoot width. I've never tried the 308s, primarily because I've been told they are slightly narrower than the 304s.

I see that there is also a slight weight difference between the two with the 308s being slightly heavier.

There's a thread in which people were measuring heel height. I have a new-in-box pair of 304Fs, so I'll try to take a heel height measurement for that shoe. If someone could do the same for the 308s, we could compare them.

Chivo 02-05-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildVolley (Post 7192974)
This is good to know. The 304s are my match shoes, and I've always worn them because they don't pinch my toes and have good forefoot width. I've never tried the 308s, primarily because I've been told they are slightly narrower than the 304s.

I see that there is also a slight weight difference between the two with the 308s being slightly heavier.

There's a thread in which people were measuring heel height. I have a new-in-box pair of 304Fs, so I'll try to take a heel height measurement for that shoe. If someone could do the same for the 308s, we could compare them.

Here's what I came up with using a standard tape measure. Both shoes are used and have the same amount of court time. 308's have a 1.25" heel and the 304's 1". Sorry my eyes aren't good enough to measure mm's. Yes the toe area of my 308's are wearing faster than the 304's.

bosssauce 02-05-2013 11:20 AM

304f is much better

WildVolley 02-05-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chivo (Post 7193089)
Here's what I came up with using a standard tape measure. Both shoes are used and have the same amount of court time. 308's have a 1.25" heel and the 304's 1". Sorry my eyes aren't good enough to measure mm's. Yes the toe area of my 308's are wearing faster than the 304's.

Thanks for the quick numbers. I'll post on this thread when I take the time to measure my 304Fs. I haven't worn them yet beyond trying them on after the box arrived in the mail.

WildVolley 02-05-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosssauce (Post 7193498)
304f is much better

Why do you say that?

I love the 304s because I have a wide forefoot and normal heel, and the shoes do not fit loose on me. Still, I can play 4 hours in them with a single pair of regular socks and not suffer any blistering or foot pain. Whenever I wore Nike, Asics, or even Prince T22s, my feet would start to ache after about 2 hours.

To be clear, I don't think those are bad shoes, just that they don't have a proper last fit for my foot. My main concern at the moment is that Yonex no longer seems to be making the 304s and I'm down to two new pairs. I'm hoping those 'light' and 'durable' shoes have the 304 last.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse