Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   330 vs 310 Yonex VCORE Tour 97 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453731)

Boricua 02-05-2013 06:56 AM

330 vs 310 Yonex VCORE Tour 97

I used for a brief time the 330 version of the VCORE Tour 97. At the beginning I found it perfect but later on a bit heavy. I sent the racket back to TW. Now I dont know if I made the right decision as I had been a bit sick when I struggled with the racket''s weight. Maybe in healthy form I could deal with the weight.
Aty the same time, the 310 is an alternative. Lighter and with less swingweight it should be more maneuvarable. But, some people say it lacks the solidness of the 330 as it has less mass.

So, how do these two rackets compare overall? Please give emphasis in your comparison to plowthrough, control and maneuvarability.

I hope that in the 310 review that is coming out the playtesters compare both rackets.

I am a topspin hitter, with fast swings, looking for control as I like to rip the ball. I am in good form and middle aged. I can not demo because of my living location.

McLovin 02-05-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7192748)
So, how do these two rackets compare overall?

If Yonex hadn't delayed the release of the 310g, I would have an answer for you by now. Unfortunately...

My current stick is 320g unstrung (X Force Pro). It is the perfect weight/balance for me. Prior to the X Force Pro, I used the Volkl C 10 Pro. While I loved that frame, over the course of a 3 set match my shoulder would become too fatigued, which is what led me to a slightly lighter frame. I assume the 330g version would result in similar 'shoulder fatigue' as the C 10 Pro, but I still want to hit with it.

My hopes for the 310g is to add 10g (via lead/leather grip/etc.) to bring the weight up, the balance closer to my Pacific, and increase the 'plow through'.

T-20 days and counting...

Boricua 02-05-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLovin (Post 7192784)
If Yonex hadn't delayed the release of the 310g, I would have an answer for you by now. Unfortunately...

My current stick is 320g unstrung (X Force Pro). It is the perfect weight/balance for me. Prior to the X Force Pro, I used the Volkl C 10 Pro. While I loved that frame, over the course of a 3 set match my shoulder would become too fatigued, which is what led me to a slightly lighter frame. I assume the 330g version would result in similar 'shoulder fatigue' as the C 10 Pro, but I still want to hit with it.

My hopes for the 310g is to add 10g (via lead/leather grip/etc.) to bring the weight up, the balance closer to my Pacific, and increase the 'plow through'.

T-20 days and counting...

At least you have a pretty good racket now. i have a 10 ounce Fischer racket that is good but superlight. I sent in my new APDS, too stiff and toyish. And 8 months ago I sold (or almost gave for free) my 2 RDIS 100 MP ( foolish decision - in my Life's Top Ten)

We will count together the days till the 25th pal.

Boricua 02-05-2013 04:18 PM

Hi! Any reaction TW to my initial conments and question. Bump, thank you

TW Staff 02-05-2013 07:49 PM

Boricua,

As a current user of the RDS 001 MP (to which I added about 10 grams), I was surprised at how much I liked my experience using the 330g version of the 97. I didn't get to play with it long enough to see how the heft would affect me, but I do know that the 310g model is more appealing to me because I could change it with lead tape and keep it under or around 12 oz strung.

I like room to customize, but some people do not like changing their racquets from stock form. That would be your choice to make, but my money is on the 310g version for it's customization possibilities.

The other guys may chime in and help, but you struck a cord with your history with the 100 and wanted to add my input.

Aaron
TW Customer Service

Boricua 02-06-2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7194670)
Boricua,

As a current user of the RDS 001 MP (to which I added about 10 grams), I was surprised at how much I liked my experience using the 330g version of the 97. I didn't get to play with it long enough to see how the heft would affect me, but I do know that the 310g model is more appealing to me because I could change it with lead tape and keep it under or around 12 oz strung.

I like room to customize, but some people do not like changing their racquets from stock form. That would be your choice to make, but my money is on the 310g version for it's customization possibilities.

The other guys may chime in and help, but you struck a cord with your history with the 100 and wanted to add my input.

Aaron
TW Customer Service

I would like to play with either racket in stock form, don't like to use lead tape in my rackets.
So, would you say the 310 has good plowthrough and is stable in stock form?

I demoed the VCORE 98 D and the 100S and found they did not have enough mass. The 310 version is not that heavier at least compared to the 98 D, but maybe those few ounces, having a bit more swingweight and being more head light makes a difference if compared to the VCORE 98 D..

Mark from TW liked the 310 alot and told me it felt heavier than the 314 SW would indicate. He said it felt more like a 328 SW similar to the new Head Speed Pro he had playtested also. Would you agree?

I am a singles player, like to drive tha ball and sometimes whip the racket around so I am in a dilemma between buying either the 310 or the 330 version.

PlayBrave 02-06-2013 01:48 PM

I am facing the same dilemma.
I have been using the Prestige Pro for years and was looking for something a little more forgiving and faster - as I play mainly doubles these days.
I came across the 97 Tour (310) in the UK and have been hitting with it for the last couple of weeks and here are my thoughts (compared to the Prestige Pro);
A great serving racket. Nice pop and the lower SW generates increased racket head speed - so plenty of spin. Less tiring to serve over multiple sets.
A great volleying racket. Maneuverable but solid. Nice pop on put away volleys and enough pop on reaction volleys - where sometimes the ball can die off the face of the Prestige Pro.
Struggling to make good contact on my ground strokes. Feels a little too fast, almost as if I'm pulling off the forehand too early - compared to the plow of the Prestige Pro.
Unfortunately the 330 version isn't available in the UK - because I'd love to compare the 2 before I commit.
Like Boricua, I'm not keen on adding lead to frames and prefer to play them stock.
I am hoping that the 330 will combine the plow of the Prestige (that I am missing on the ground strokes) with the extra pop I was finding on serves and volleys with the 310. But my concern is that the higher SW will negate the extra pop - and play too similar to the Prestige.
Another factor is where you play. Inside on carpet with no wind and the ball coming through nice and fast - the 310 plays fine. Outside on concrete playing into the wind (where you really need to generate your own power), I really missed the plow of my Prestige Pro...
My instinct is that the 330 is the one for me. The unknown is whether I could adapt my ground strokes to the SW of the 310...

Boricua 02-07-2013 05:24 AM

Aaron from TW, could you reply please? Thanks.

TW Staff 02-07-2013 07:28 AM

Aaron doesn't check the message boards as often, but when he's back in the office, we'll let him know you have a question.

Tiffani, TW

Boricua 02-07-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7197726)
Aaron doesn't check the message boards as often, but when he's back in the office, we'll let him know you have a question.

Tiffani, TW

Dont worry. i will checking out the 310 playtests. I bought a VCore Tour 97 330 version today and will compare later on with the 310. When is the VCOre 97 Tour 310 video and written review coming out? Thanks.

TW Staff 02-07-2013 08:27 AM

Boricua,

The video portion of the Yonex VCORE 97 Tour 310 will be up in 3 weeks with the written to follow 1-2 weeks later.

Brittany, TW

Boricua 02-07-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7197849)
Boricua,

The video portion of the Yonex VCORE 97 Tour 310 will be up in 3 weeks with the written to follow 1-2 weeks later.

Brittany, TW

Thanks. Have a nice day!:)

dhdriver 06-24-2013 06:59 PM

Sorry to bring up an old post but I became extremely curious about the differences in the 310 and the 330.

Boricua did you get a chance to compare them?