Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Bodo - 'The Most Controversial Knees Ever' (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453760)

batz 02-05-2013 11:44 AM

Bodo - 'The Most Controversial Knees Ever'

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.URFt6h0ifTo

OddJack 02-05-2013 12:01 PM

1- Remember there was no signs of injury when he played Rosol. His absence is part from the shame he feels of losing the match. He did the same after Soderling.

2- He does have injuries though and always had bad knees. He will never be the same.

3- He has some contracts he needs to satisfy. He is back for money and for Toni.

4- Murray my favorite to win RG

veroniquem 02-05-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddJack (Post 7193614)

I guess it's always fun to support underdogs. And with 0 credentials on clay, Murray is as massive an underdog as there ever will be!

kishnabe 02-05-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

1- Remember there was no signs of injury when he played Rosol. His absence is part from the shame he feels of losing the match. He did the same after Soderling.

2- He does have injuries though and always had bad knees. He will never be the same.

3- He has some contracts he needs to satisfy. He is back for money and for Toni.

Can Murray even win a 250 on clay?

Nadal is legit hurt.....you can see the way he moved in Wimbledon 2012....the hater in me want to believe he got beat playing his best.

There are a few times he looks perfectly fine....maybe small niggles....but overexagerated them.

Cesc Fabregas 02-05-2013 12:12 PM

Bodo is stealing a living.

woodrow1029 02-05-2013 12:12 PM

Ok, I am not a "Nadal fan" or really a fan of anyone in particular, but I am a "tennis fan", and I never take anything Bozo says seriously, but when he accuses a group of people as not being objective, that just shows how incompetent Bozo is, considering he is about as non-objective as one can get with his stupid articles and comments.

single_handed_champion 02-05-2013 12:53 PM

Yeah, Bozo's articles always feel like they were composed while waiting in a lunch hour queue. His point is in the first half of the article where he wants to drum his opinion home that Nadal will not be missed. Then he talks about the knees, which have given him fodder for a gazillion similar articles. What is he wailing about exactly?

CCNM 02-05-2013 02:06 PM

***sarcasm alert*** I wondered why Nadal didn't play in the Aussie Open.... :lol:

sureshs 02-05-2013 02:12 PM

Bozo wonders if Nadal was really missed. LOL did he think that the AO had good men's tennis when a 31 year old man is able to reach the semifinals and the only two viable players right from the start were Murray and Djokovic?

Bozo has still not gotten over the way he was humiliated and had to beg for an interview with the Nadal camp after writing a worthless piece of sh*t. He is the classical old Fed fart still living in the past and unable to accept a superior player when he comes along.

ivan_the_terrible 02-05-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7194038)
Bozo wonders if Nadal was really missed. LOL did he think that the AO had good men's tennis when a 31 year old man is able to reach the semifinals and the only two viable players right from the start were Murray and Djokovic?

Bozo has still not gotten over the way he was humiliated and had to beg for an interview with the Nadal camp after writing a worthless piece of sh*t. He is the classical old Fed fart still living in the past and unable to accept a superior player when he comes along.

You mean Nadal is better than Bodo? :-?

Well Bodo did accuse Nadal of juicing then discovered that airing these opinions may his income in the future. So he promptly back-tracked and nary a peep out of him these days about PEDS in tennis.

cc0509 02-05-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

You are wrong about all of your points. Nadal's absence has nothing to do with shame over his Rosol loss, he does not have any serious knee injury, he is not back for the money or Uncle Toni (that is silly) and Murray is not winning RG.

cc0509 02-05-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible (Post 7194051)
You mean Nadal is better than Bodo? :-?

Well Bodo did accuse Nadal of juicing then discovered that airing these opinions may his income in the future. So he promptly back-tracked and nary a peep out of him these days about PEDS in tennis.

He did? When was that?

SLD76 02-05-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7194059)
He did? When was that?

back when rafa missed the 06 aussie open.

he wondererd if that was the reason for his abrupt withdrawal.

woodrow1029 02-05-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by single_handed_champion (Post 7193778)
Yeah, Bozo's articles always feel like they were composed while waiting in a lunch hour queue.

I laughed, and then I laughed some more.

Mainad 02-05-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishnabe (Post 7193634)

I should think so. He's made it to the semis of RG, MC (twice) and Rome and only got stopped by either the clay goat Rafa or goating Djokovic.

Gonzalito17 02-05-2013 02:36 PM

Who cares what Bodo thinks. Nadal is one of the greatest champions in tennis history, he mastered and dethroned Federer. He brought an energy and intensity the sport has never seen before. He is missed and missed dearly.

Hawkeye7 02-05-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishnabe (Post 7193634)

Nadal is legit hurt.....you can see the way he moved in Wimbledon 2012....the hater in me want to believe he got beat playing his best.

There are a few times he looks perfectly fine....maybe small niggles....but overexagerated them.

Tough when he doesn't play any.

sureshs 02-05-2013 02:40 PM

I am surprised that Chrissie allows such articles to be put up. It is really a shame when a "journalist" is so biased and egoistic. He should be retired before he makes more of a fool of himself. He understands neither the technical side of the game or the people dynamics, but just spews some kind of hate in every article.

cc0509 02-05-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLD76 (Post 7194062)
back when rafa missed the 06 aussie open.

he wondererd if that was the reason for his abrupt withdrawal.

I missed that. Does that article still exist and does anybody have a link for it if so?

mariecon 02-05-2013 02:54 PM

I usually don't agree with Bodo but this one is bang on. I'm surprised he's brave enough to take on Uncle Toni this way. :lol: