Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Nike Air Max Cage opinons? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=453817)

The Meat 02-05-2013 06:31 PM

Nike Air Max Cage opinons?

Okay its been about a month now and I'm wondering what everyone who has worn them for a some time think about these shoes. I've seen that they weight slightly less than Vapor 9 SL's (14.6 vs 14.3 on the Vapor SL's), and they have a durability guarantee.

Durability?
Toebox size?

Hopefully better than the 2K series?

Kal-El 34 02-05-2013 06:36 PM

do not like the shoe at all.. have worn them for about 2 weeks. they are lighter, yet still feel bulky to me. my foot doesnt feel like it quite lines up right in the shoe, and i feel i have too much room in the toe.... not a fan and bummed about it as i really wanted to like these shoes

The Meat 02-05-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal-El 34 (Post 7194525)
do not like the shoe at all.. have worn them for about 2 weeks. they are lighter, yet still feel bulky to me. my foot doesnt feel like it quite lines up right in the shoe, and i feel i have too much room in the toe.... not a fan and bummed about it as i really wanted to like these shoes

How would you compare the bulkyness to the Courtballistecs? Because I'm fine with that level of bulk.

vsbabolat 02-05-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat (Post 7194532)
How would you compare the bulkyness to the Courtballistecs? Because I'm fine with that level of bulk.

I like them. I went down a half size. I find them more comfortable and roomier than the Ballistics.

The Meat 02-05-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7194560)
I like them. I went down a half size. I find them more comfortable and roomier than the Ballistics.

If you go a half size down, how is the length? Closer to Vapors or Ballistecs in terms of length?

ellipticality_224 02-05-2013 07:42 PM

They'll probably release a different cage next year, if that many people dont like it, maybe even in the fall?

Sinner 02-05-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal-El 34 (Post 7194525)

Did you buy them in your normal shoe size?

Davis Cup Fan 02-06-2013 06:05 PM

Seems like its just me but I love them. One of my favorite tennis shoes.

mizzoutiger2013 02-06-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davis Cup Fan (Post 7196845)
Seems like its just me but I love them. One of my favorite tennis shoes.

Finally someone who likes these. I want to get a pair but with all the negativity around them, I am reluctant.

darklore009 02-06-2013 08:42 PM

i like it. wore the previous ones, the breathe free iis. i say it's almost the same. although i moved on the vapors, these ones will be my training shoes when i do rallies. used to wear the barricades, but it hurts my feet so bad from wearing it. looking forward on seeing black/red color scheme some time. nike, dont stop making these.

rafafan20 02-07-2013 07:56 AM

Worst tennis shoe I've ever put on my feet, and the durability is just awful.

ArliHawk 02-07-2013 08:35 AM

Wasn't a big fan. Tried them for 2 hours and then sold them here. Thought the cushioning was off a bit and didn't like the shape of the shoe. Back to the Ballistecs for me.

dflores 02-07-2013 09:41 AM

Gave them away after wearing them twice. not very comfortable at all while playing. Rubber sides are not flexible laterally. Compared to original Breathe, not close in comfort.

XFactorer 02-07-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat (Post 7194508)
Okay its been about a month now and I'm wondering what everyone who has worn them for a some time think about these shoes. I've seen that they weight slightly less than Vapor 9 SL's (14.6 vs 14.3 on the Vapor SL's), and they have a durability guarantee.

Durability?
Toebox size?

Hopefully better than the 2K series?

I love them. They're my go-to shoe now.

They're lighter than the CB4.3s and more nimble. I never had a problem with the weight of the CBs, but, I know some hypersensitive people do. These, so far, have performed well in stability, too (I'm a player who slides on hard courts). The one issue that Chris mentioned in the TW review holds true for me, too: my ankle doesn't feel locked down enough.

Compared to the 2K series, I like these more. The sole of the 2Ks felt stiff and clunky. And they weren't as durable. I find the soles of the Cages to be more flexible and it might have something to do with the lack of Zoom Air in the forefoot.

I went with my natural size and they fit fine with the Elite socks I wear. I tried going down a half size, but, it was too small and tight for me.

bosssauce 02-07-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7194560)

Did they lock in your foot?

jelichek 02-07-2013 04:35 PM

Not a fan. Really big up front and that's going down half size. Way too much Cage and not enough Breathe plus lost that low to the ground feel. Seems like too much duplication with the Ballistecs.

innoVAShaun 02-07-2013 05:16 PM

I've worn them once for a practice session but will use them in a match tomorrow. I'll post my review up on the Customer Review page: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feedback-NAMBTBW.html

Feel free to post up your reviews as well.

mrmo1115 02-07-2013 05:24 PM

Like them now after not liking them initially. Didn't size down.

The Big Kahuna 02-07-2013 06:05 PM

At the end of the day, though, the shoe is nothing compared to the Vapor Tour 9 - which IMO is one of the finest shoes ever produced. Why settle for the Cage when for a few bucks more you get an truly amazing shoe?

TinTheCan 02-07-2013 08:30 PM

I love them. I got the size I usually get when buying tennis shoes; no need to size up and down for me. PRetty comfortable to me, and I also love the fat tongue.