Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   tension reading w/ racquettune (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=454228)

Charleyk24 02-09-2013 09:43 AM

tension reading w/ racquettune

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello tw freinds
First. sorry about my bad english.

In my case
initial restring tension reading w/ racquettune was used to good like 1-2 lbs differently from reference tension.
That was good& ok w/me

Now (i mean about 3month& 20 restring job poly& syn) Initial restring tension w/ racquettune is going UP (not down)5-10 lbs from reference tension

So I suspected my machine( gamma progression 2 els) and digital scale( JSCALE-ULTRASPORT-50) first.
Check the digital scale w/weight (of course check the weight w/ another commercial electronic scale) then calibrated my machine.
Nothing wrong with that

Next my stringing job?
Same as last year
Usually 1 pc job w/atw except hybrid job
Nothing good but nothing bad I think

I set up RT what RT want to do to me

My conclusion??
I don't now what's wrong but something wrong........

Thank you for reading this

SwankPeRFection 02-10-2013 10:33 PM

Are you using your own measured string factor on the string you're using or are you going with predefined ones? If you're not using your own string factor, then that could account for the variance. Also, it's possible that your stringing technique (you're not faster) is causing the stringbed to string tighter, which would account for the stiffer reading. Taking less time between pulling tension and clamping and then moving on and pulling tension quicker will also cause a stiffer stringbed than what you're actually pulling at.

gmatheis 02-11-2013 02:55 AM

Exact same string setup as before? Same guage?

Irvin 02-11-2013 03:48 AM

Could be you clamps are slipping. Could be the bases are not adjusted properly and have too much play. I would clean and adjust and see what happens.

Charleyk24 02-11-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection (Post 7206017)
Are you using your own measured string factor on the string you're using or are you going with predefined ones? If you're not using your own string factor, then that could account for the variance. Also, it's possible that your stringing technique (you're not faster) is causing the stringbed to string tighter, which would account for the stiffer reading. Taking less time between pulling tension and clamping and then moving on and pulling tension quicker will also cause a stiffer stringbed than what you're actually pulling at.

Hi SwankPeRFection
thank you for replying my question!
1,i use string facter ( my rpm blast 17g : choose string material polyester, and string diameter 1.25mm -string facter 1.72

2 my actual stringing time takes about 20-25 min(start main -finish final knot)
thank you

Charleyk24 02-11-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection (Post 7206017)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmatheis (Post 7206170)
Exact same string setup as before? Same guage?

yes. for my racquets(puredrive lite 2sets)

1pc atw,

i am using rpm blast 17g, prohurricane tour 17g

thank you

Irvin 02-11-2013 10:08 AM

It doesn't really matter if you use the custom string setting or not as long as you always use the same.

Charleyk24 02-11-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvin (Post 7206192)
Could be you clamps are slipping. Could be the bases are not adjusted properly and have too much play. I would clean and adjust and see what happens.

Hi Irvin
I had clamp slipping issue
I fixed it, clean machine every month.
Drawback? I didn't
measure it but around 3mm

Thank you Irvin

Irvin 02-11-2013 11:05 AM

3mm does not seem like too much. Just make sure you adjust the bases to keep them at about the same all the time. As they get sloppy you have more drawback.

Charleyk24 02-11-2013 05:07 PM

i miss something it could be matter w/my problem!!!
i did calibrate my stringer 10 days ago and i did it again today

tensioner lbs----digital scale before calibration--digital scale after calibration
30-----------------31.70----------------------------------30.30
35-----------------36.10----------------------------------35.50
40-----------------42-------------------------------------40.50
45-----------------46.30----------------------------------45.50
50-----------------51.20----------------------------------50.20
55-----------------56--------------------------------------55.50
60-----------------61--------------------------------------60.20
65-----------------64--------------------------------------64.80
70-----------------69--------------------------------------70.70
75-----------------74.50-----------------------------------76
80-----------------80---------------------------------------80.60
85-----------------86.20-----------------------------------85.10