Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Brasil Open 2013 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=454254)

Tammo 02-09-2013 02:40 PM

Brasil Open 2013

Quarters assuming seeds advance

Nadal vs Ramos
Chardy vs Bellucci
Andujar vs Monaco
Fognini vs Almagro

More competition for Nadal this tourney

veroniquem 02-09-2013 05:16 PM

This is so much fun! No one in there who could even hurt Rafa, much less beat him. Perfect way to come back. Nirvana for us fans. Only happy things to look forward to, no stress :)

Sorana fan 02-09-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroniquem (Post 7202868)
This is so much fun! No one in there who could even hurt Rafa, much less beat him. Perfect way to come back. Nirvana for us fans. Only happy things to look forward to, no stress :)

Almagro in a good day could beat a Nadal not fully fit, but dont think is gonna happen, we already know how his mind (doesn't) work

Fiji 02-10-2013 05:11 PM

Almagro to win the title?

veroniquem 02-10-2013 05:12 PM

I would not bet on Almagro if my life depended on it, sorry.

Rocky89 02-10-2013 05:30 PM

This is played on indoor clay, I can't see Nadal winning this one.

If Nadal meets Almagro in the finals then his chances at winning are minuscule, Almagro is most likely to take the title.

Clarky21 02-10-2013 05:34 PM

Nadal ain't winning this, either. I think he will lose all 3 of these clay tournies he in scheduled to play. This one especially since it's on fast, indoor clay. He won't win a match there.

The-Champ 02-10-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Did *** hijack your account? :-P

Sid_Vicious 02-10-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky89 (Post 7205462)
This is played on indoor clay, I can't see Nadal winning this one.

If Nadal meets Almagro in the finals then his chances at winning are minuscule, Almagro is most likely to take the title.

Indoor clay is not as big of a disadvantage for Nadal as you are thinking.

Towser83 02-10-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

This is looking a bit dodgy now. I advise you to modify your confidence/bragging cos humble pie is nasty one to eat. Especially if people are shoving it in your face, which I won't do but it's easy to do and it aint nice lol. Be humble like Nadal ;)

veroniquem 02-10-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Champ (Post 7205483)
Did *** hijack your account? :-P

OK, I should have added: as long as Zeballos is not playing... Come on, he's not gonna lose to Fognini and Almagro is a total head case.

cc0509 02-10-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7205471)
Nadal ain't winning this, either. I think he will lose all 3 of these clay tournies he in scheduled to play. This one especially since it's on fast, indoor clay. He won't win a match there.

Who cares how he does at these nothing S. American tournaments? It only matters how he does at the clay events just prior to the FO and at the FO.

veroniquem 02-10-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towser83 (Post 7205520)
This is looking a bit dodgy now. I advise you to modify your confidence/bragging cos humble pie is nasty one to eat. Be humble like Nadal ;)

Well, Zeb took me by surprise, sorry. This post was before the Chile final of course and I must say I couldn't see Zeb winning it. But who could have predicted Zeb would goat all of a sudden? :shock:

Clarky21 02-10-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroniquem (Post 7205523)
OK, I should have added: as long as Zeballos is not playing... Come on, he's not gonna lose to Fognini and Almagro is a total head case.

And you also said he wouldn't lose to Mr. Onions, yet he did just that. Aren't you filled up on all that humble pie you've been eating by now?

Clarky21 02-10-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7205528)
Who cares how he does at these nothing S. American tournaments? It only matters how he does at the clay events just prior to the FO and at the FO.

I do. It's hurts his confidence every time he loses to some low ranked player on his best surface. It also costs him his clay aura as well. I said that his aura on clay is gone on here earlier and was told I was nuts. Funny that. Lol.

cc0509 02-10-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7205552)
I do. It's hurts his confidence every time he loses to some low ranked player on his best surface. It also costs him his clay aura as well. I said that his aura on clay is gone on here earlier and was told I was nuts. Funny that. Lol.

Nah, I think you are reading too much into it. If he loses at Monte Carlo or one of those other pre-FO big clay events then that is another story.

TheFifthSet 02-10-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7205549)
And you also said he wouldn't lose to Mr. Onions, yet he did just that. Aren't you filled up on all that humble pie you've been eating by now?

Veroniquem wasn't the only one being presumptuous, EVERYONE thought Rafa would mow through the field. Either way, losing 6-4 in the final set in the final of his first tournament in 8 months is bad, but not the end of the world. In 2009 Nadal didn't even win a set at the WTF, and got thrashed by Cilic 3 and 0, among other maulings, yet won 3 majors the year after. I love how people discount the top 4 all the time, as if they can't bounce back from tough losses.

PS, where was your humble pie, after you brashly predicted that Nadal would get stomped by Djokovic in MC, Rome, and RG last year, only to win all 3?

veroniquem 02-10-2013 06:07 PM

Exactly. Before Chile started, I didn't even expect finals but after the tournament started, I thought Rafa was playing better than I had anticipated. I thought he might pull the feat. But it's way too early for radical gloom and doom predictions. I still feel optimistic for the rest of the season.

Rocky89 02-10-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroniquem (Post 7205523)

Almagro took a healthy and confidant Nadal to a tiebreak in the FO last year, I wouldn't be so confidant about him winning at the moment when he still has so many kinks in his game.

kishnabe 02-10-2013 06:33 PM

Will Fognini win his first title ever against Rafa in the final?