Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If Nadal wins Viņa del Mar singles and doubles, confirmation of Silent ban? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=454307)

The Bawss 02-10-2013 05:35 AM

If Nadal wins Viņa del Mar singles and doubles, confirmation of Silent ban?
 
As per the title. If Nadal wins the title in Viņa del Mar, does this confirm that he was actually out of the game for 7 months as a result of a silent ban? It looks to me like he has been secretly training in Mallorca for the last 7 months.

NatF 02-10-2013 05:36 AM

He hasn't beaten anyone of note, you can see that his game is a bit off as well. Besides that he's the clay GOAT.

The Bawss 02-10-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatF (Post 7203760)
He hasn't beaten anyone of note, you can see that his game is a bit off as well. Besides that he's the clay GOAT.

Who plays singles and doubles when coming back from a knee injury? Doubles titles are worthless to a guy like Nadal.

cc0509 02-10-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7203757)
As per the title. If Nadal wins the title in Viņa del Mar, does this confirm that he was actually out of the game for 7 months as a result of a silent ban? It looks to me like he has been secretly training in Mallorca for the last 7 months.

Who thought Nadal wasn't going to win Vina del Mar? You would have to be stupid to have thought that. He has won 7 FO's!

NatF 02-10-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7203764)
Who plays singles and doubles when coming back from a knee injury? Doubles titles are worthless to a guy like Nadal.

It's match practice. His knees are healed, doubles doesn't involve much running so he's not going to cause himself injury unless he's not ready to compete. Better to realize it now than later in that case.

THUNDERVOLLEY 02-10-2013 06:00 AM

OP: stop scratching for things that are not there. Unless you have hard evidence of a ban, this is more anti-Nadal propaganda to find any way to tear him down as he poses a threat to Federer's majors count. Federer's majors count will be passed in time, whether it happens in this generation, or the next.

cc0509 02-10-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THUNDERVOLLEY (Post 7203801)
OP: stop scratching for things that are not there. Unless you have hard evidence of a ban, this is more anti-Nadal propaganda to find any way to tear him down as he poses a threat to Federer's majors count. Federer's majors count will be passed in time, whether it happens in this generation, or the next.

You are right in that there are a lot of bitter Fed fans who are afraid Nadal may be far from done winning slams but why bring up Federer and somebody surpassing his major count if not in this generation, it will be the next? You are no better than the bitter Fed fans then are you?

Sentinel 02-10-2013 06:31 AM

Also, if Nadal loses at Vina del Mar, it means he deliberately lost to show he was actually not on a silent ban, which proves he was on a silent ban.

Elementary my deer Wotsun.

Hitman 02-10-2013 06:31 AM

I would be have been more shocked if he lost ANY clay matches before IW-Miami swing begins.

Rafa picked the right time to come back.

batz 02-10-2013 06:32 AM

People need to give The Bawss a break as all is not well in his world - Murray just made 3 slam finals in a row and Rafa is looking just dandy on his return.

That's gotta hurt.

matchmaker 02-10-2013 06:35 AM

Very flawed reasoning. A victory of Nadal proves nothing, except that he might be back for another FO win, if his knees hold up.

Clarky21 02-10-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7203779)
Who thought Nadal wasn't going to win Vina del Mar? You would have to be stupid to have thought that. He has won 7 FO's!

Well, I am not sold he will win it. Until he is holding up the trophy you cannot be too sure. Nadal doesn't have an aura like Djesus does, and is far more beatable as well.

Hitman 02-10-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7203863)
Well, I am not sold he will win it. Until he is holding up the trophy you cannot be too sure. Nadal doesn't have an aura like Djesus does, and is far more beatable as well.

:shock:

The seven time reigining and defending FO champion and the King of Clay doesn't have an aura on clay????????????

This is just absurd.

mariecon 02-10-2013 06:39 AM

I think we need to wait and see what happens when he faces a top 20 player. Although winning both singles and doubles is a little suspicious the next tournament might be more of a challenge. He's playing doubles and singles in Brasil too. That's an awful lot of tennis for someone coming off such a severe injury. Yes it is suspicious. It wouldn't have been so bad if he had only entered singles. Big mistake on the part of Uncle Foni.

cc0509 02-10-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7203863)
Well, I am not sold he will win it. Until he is holding up the trophy you cannot be too sure. Nadal doesn't have an aura like Djesus does, and is far more beatable as well.

Clarky, give it up already! Nadal, the greatest clay court player of all time, does not have an aura on clay? :lol:

cc0509 02-10-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 7203869)
:shock:

The seven time reigining and defending FO champion and the King of Clay doesn't have an aura on clay????????????

This is just absurd.

That is what I just said. I did not even see your post first. Clarky is funny! :shock:

cc0509 02-10-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariecon (Post 7203871)
I think we need to wait and see what happens when he faces a top 20 player. Although winning both singles and doubles is a little suspicious the next tournament might be more of a challenge. He's playing doubles and singles in Brasil too. That's an awful lot of tennis for someone coming off such a severe injury. Yes it is suspicious. It wouldn't have been so bad if he had only entered singles. Big mistake on the part of Uncle Foni.

You think he cares? I think he and the ATP have an understanding, no?

Sorana fan 02-10-2013 06:49 AM

OP Get a life

Clarky21 02-10-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7203881)
Clarky, give it up already! Nadal, the greatest clay court player of all time, does not have an aura on clay? :lol:

Nope. Not right now.

mariecon 02-10-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7203899)
You think he cares? I think he and the ATP have an understanding, no?

no I don't think he cares. They've flipped the bird at the ATP and ITF enough times already. It's become a joke. As long as Nadal can keep winning his precious RG every year, even if he has to follow it up with a ban, that's ok with him and his corrupt uncle.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse