Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tips/Instruction (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Indiana Pickle and the Limp Forehand (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=454319)

Pickle9 02-10-2013 07:48 AM

Indiana Pickle and the Limp Forehand

http://s1161.beta.photobucket.com/us...sDali.mp4.html

http://vimeo.com/56252215

what's wrong? when the ball bounces it loses all its steam. it just never goes anywhere with purpose.

rkelley 02-10-2013 08:23 AM

Could you expand on the question just a tad? Not sure what you're asking.

psv255 02-10-2013 08:41 AM

I guess you mean the shot doesn't penetrate the court as much as your backhand.

Couple of things I see:
You get much more of your weight behind your BH than your FH. The energy from hip and shoulder turn is better transferred into the shot.

On the FH, it seems like you haven't transferred any of that energy to the hand/racquet. You get good separation, but as you're just about to lay back the wrist, the ball's already on the strings! What ends up happening is all that energy goes to waste.

For starters, I'd say to get your contact point out in front more, which may mean to start prep/swing a bit earlier.

Pickle9 02-11-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkelley (Post 7204094)
Could you expand on the question just a tad? Not sure what you're asking.

I put a quarter of the energy I use to hit a fh with the bh and get the same result.

Something's wrong.

Flaccid forehand. Noodle arm. But grip to stiff and it chokes the life out of it as well.

Topspin Shot 02-12-2013 06:27 PM

Your forehand looks pretty good. But I can definitely see what you're talking about. You get more of your body into the backhand. Actually, this is my biggest weakness, so any help from one of the pros here (Ash Smith, tricky, etc.) would be really nice. Help, anyone?

dennis10is 02-12-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickle9 (Post 7206906)
I put a quarter of the energy I use to hit a fh with the bh and get the same result.

Something's wrong.

Flaccid forehand. Noodle arm. But grip to stiff and it chokes the life out of it as well.

WDee Fortee and me h'arm will tremble facing yur fear ann

Pickle9 02-16-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis10is (Post 7210485)
WDee Fortee and me h'arm will tremble facing yur fear ann

crouching pickle, hidden soap-rope.

comeback 02-16-2013 07:36 PM

It looks fine, if you want more speed on your shots get your legs more involved..Experiment with rackets, lead and strings which give more power

TTech321 02-16-2013 11:35 PM

From what I see, your basically arming your forehands too much, I use to do the same thing, I could get good pace on my balls just arming it, but I would run out of juice after 1 set. I've since become a lose arm hitter, and using my legs and body rotation to generate all my pace. I also notice you are stopping yourself from moving forward into your shots. When I hit, it's almost like I'm going to net after my groundies and this has improved my power a lot too.

Forward motion is your friend, try standing a little bit back but move forward into the shot and this will transfer a lot of your body weight into your shot.

Head Pegger 02-17-2013 01:29 PM

Those serves keep my up at night :shock:

corbind 02-17-2013 10:19 PM

You're forehand is not bad.

Pickle9 03-04-2013 07:06 AM

johndagolfer 03-04-2013 07:35 AM

I think it's the same thing that affects your serve in video. You seem to be going through the motions of using your lower body but don't actually use it enough. You have great shoulder turn but your lower body seems to just turn without any oomph.

dennis10is 03-04-2013 03:03 PM

Your forehand is hopeless. Dump whomever are helping you and call Tony the stringer.

WildVolley 03-04-2013 05:04 PM

Hit through your forehand more.

But, you really need to work on your serve. You are totally collapsing into your serve! Is there something wrong with your left leg? Instead of pushing off it, you are collapsing and it almost looks like you are going to fall on your face. Your body should be moving up when you serve rather than falling.

Pickle9 03-04-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis10is (Post 7250881)
Your forehand is hopeless. Dump whomever are helping you and call Tony the stringer.

He charges too much. He wants more for a half hour than I make in a year (and that's after he said he was passing me on your discount).

Pickle9 03-04-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildVolley (Post 7251133)
Hit through your forehand more.

But, you really need to work on your serve. You are totally collapsing into your serve! Is there something wrong with your left leg? Instead of pushing off it, you are collapsing and it almost looks like you are going to fall on your face. Your body should be moving up when you serve rather than falling.

Thanks I'm a cobbler. I hit some serves tonight and my ankle isn't throbbing in pain so maybe it's a little better but I doubt it. It's like I toss to low and then have to fall/duck to get under it to hit it. The funny thing is in my head I think I serve like Sampras lol^2

President 03-05-2013 08:09 AM

I see what you mean, it's almost like you're using dead balls or something?

Pickle9 03-05-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julian (Post 7252178)
Please see Pat the Dog thread again