Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I was right about Nadal (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=454378)

sureshs 02-10-2013 06:58 PM

I was right about Nadal

I predicted that Humbalito would not win all the 3 championships he has signed up for in South America due to several reasons:

He needs to give credibility to his injury claims
He needs to be careful not to make the journeymen resent him for stealing their money
He needs to be careful to appear humble before the local crowd so that he will not be seen as Superman flying in to give the locals a tennis clinic
He needs to respect the royal attention being poured on him

And I have been proved correct.

BrooklynNY 02-10-2013 07:08 PM

I think you do make a few valid points though.

sureshs 02-10-2013 07:13 PM

I can read Rafa and Toni's psychology perfectly. Rafa can lose without anyone suspecting anything, and it also can be self-deception - he can persuade himself to lose.

Bartelby 02-10-2013 07:15 PM

His losing doesn't prove you are correct unless a new definition of 'proof' has emerged.

veroniquem 02-10-2013 07:20 PM

As long as he wins masters and/or RG, it doesn't matter if he uses the South American clay swing as a warm up.

DropShotArtist 02-10-2013 07:31 PM

Yeah, losing a 250 after said loss is meaningless, as long as he wins the bigger tournaments. But had he won the 250, oh myyyyyyyyyyy, it would be anointed the greatest comeback in the history of the sport! :)

dudeski 02-10-2013 07:34 PM

So everyone forgot about Agassi?

kalyan4fedever 02-10-2013 07:37 PM

he lost just accept it and move on ..zeb outplayed ur guy thats it

Agassifan 02-10-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7205798)
I predicted that Humbalito would not win all the 3 championships he has signed up for in South America due to several reasons:

He needs to be careful not to make the journeymen resent him for stealing their money
He needs to be careful to appear humble before the local crowd so that he will not be seen as Superman flying in to give the locals a tennis clinic

Dumb. He really wanted to win.. look at the body language when he saved the BP at 3-4. BTW, I do think he will be back to his former self by the FO.

Agassifan 02-10-2013 07:48 PM

oh yeah.. and don't forget to eat humble crow.

akind 02-11-2013 12:38 AM

Rafa's plan to serena all the clay tournaments has backfired on him.

Sid_Vicious 02-11-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akind (Post 7206130)
Rafa's plan to serena all the clay tournaments has backfired on him.

Serena all the clay court tournaments? LOL. More like Rafa's plan to Rafa all the clay tournaments backfired on him.

Vrad 02-11-2013 12:54 AM

This post is as dumb as the post claiming the loss proves he was serving a silent ban.

Funny how 2 posters, can make the same claim (Rafa tanked the match), based on the same facts (loss in the final in the first tournament after a long absence) and come to 2 completely different conclusions.

Unfortunately, both those conclusions are ridiculous.

sbengte 02-11-2013 01:23 AM

OP, you are a hater. Like it is not enough that Ralph got ZebaRosoled on his comeback, do you really need to make such threads to rub it in :(

Tennis_Hands 02-11-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbengte (Post 7206158)
OP, you are a hater. Like it is not enough that Ralph got ZebaRosoled on his comeback, do you really need to make such threads to rub it in :(

It is you, who is the hater.

The OP is the GDTPOAT (Greatest declining troll poaster of all time).

:)

Sentinel 02-11-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbengte (Post 7206158)

Seriously, What was the score of this match everyone is talking about ? I totally missed it -- I've been following some Federer Cup 2013 on telly (Cze vs Aus).

bestever 02-11-2013 03:08 AM

Rafa lost because his shots were not good enough to stop the opposition hitting winners. The same thing happened against Rosol in his last match. He seems to have lost racket head speed. It could be a major concern or it may come back with practice.

Relinquis 02-11-2013 03:30 AM

Spoilers

10spoilers

Goosehead 02-11-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7205798)

no you have not...what a tit.

3fees 02-11-2013 06:18 AM

Getting 2nd place in a atp tournament is always good, nadal losing to 73rd in atp rankings is cause to concern, top 5 peeps almost always lose to higher rank players not lower, he needs to reverse this like yesterday, last week, last month, ect, the layoff effects are still present.