Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Pros think Rafa is the GOAT (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=454410)

sureshs 02-11-2013 07:26 AM

Pros think Rafa is the GOAT
 
"This is the game of my life," Zeballos said. "Playing against the best player of all-time


http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.URkNTKVEEpg


People who play at a high level know that Rafa is the GOAT.

NatF 02-11-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7206460)
"This is the game of my life," Zeballos said. "Playing against the best player of all-time


http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.URkNTKVEEpg


People who play at a high level know that Rafa is the GOAT.

Sure, Rafa is the best player of all-time on clay.

Edit:

You left out half the quote anyway...

"...or one of the best in the history of tennis."

sureshs 02-11-2013 07:28 AM

That is not what was said, so please don't twist the matter

tusharlovesrafa 02-11-2013 07:28 AM

i tried my best,no?

sureshs 02-11-2013 07:30 AM

It is interesting that real pros think that Rafa is the GOAT while the low level club players on this forum are still denying it.

NatF 02-11-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7206463)
That is not what was said, so please don't twist the matter

You left out half the quote then say I'm twisting, the bit tacked on at the end where he says "or" one of the best is basically a retraction.

dudeski 02-11-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7206460)
"This is the game of my life," Zeballos said. "Playing against the best player of all-time


http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.URkNTKVEEpg


People who play at a high level know that Rafa is the GOAT.

Watching you attempt to troll is like watching Agassi play at 2006 USO. Very sad sad and painful. Time to retire. Your best is long behind you.

dudeski 02-11-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatF (Post 7206471)
You left out half the quote then say I'm twisting, the bit tacked on at the end where he says "or" one of the best is basically a retraction.

It was funny. It was just like Nadal kept saying Federer is the greatest every time Nadal beat him just to rub it in. Good times :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cormorant (Post 6680629)


mellowyellow 02-11-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7206469)
It is interesting that real club players think that Rafa is the GOAT while the high level pros on this forum are still denying it.

Agreed....

cknobman 02-11-2013 07:43 AM

Had to rate this 1 star for starting a thread on an outright lie and misquote.

Should be deleted.

Start da Game 02-11-2013 08:01 AM

zeballos is of course right in calling nadal the GOAT.......nadal is the only player in the history to win two or more grandslams on clay, grass and hardcourts.......

he's certainly going to add a few more slams to his tally and has a dominating record over all his main rivals.......

Hitman 02-11-2013 08:02 AM

Didn't Djokovic say the same thing when he started his sequence of iconic wins against Nadal in IW? I remember Rafa was furious that Novak called him GOAT, especially straight after beating him.

NatF 02-11-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Start da Game (Post 7206531)
zeballos is of course right in calling nadal the GOAT.......nadal is the only player in the history to win two or more grandslams on clay, grass and hardcourts.......

he's certainly going to add a few more slams to his tally and has a dominating record over all his main rivals.......

Wilander has achieved this too. Fail.

Start da Game 02-11-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatF (Post 7206538)
Wilander has achieved this too. Fail.

wilander never won wimbledon and i will give you one more name, connors.......he failed to win the french.......so their record cannot be considered legit.......

Hitman 02-11-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Start da Game (Post 7206545)
wilander never won wimbledon and i will give you one more name, connors.......he failed to win the french.......so their record cannot be considered legit.......

NatF was responding to the statement that you made that Nadal is the only man to win two slams on each of the three surfaces. You did not state career slam, or named any specific tournament.

Those surfaces were 100% legit when they were played on, that is why they are counted in the slam tally, regardless of what today's surfaces for each slam are.

You could have said that Nadal is the only player to get the career slam, and win two slams on each of the three surfaces. That would be more accurate. So NatF was right in correcting your original statement.

dudeski 02-11-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 7206535)
Didn't Djokovic say the same thing when he started his sequence of iconic wins against Nadal in IW? I remember Rafa was furious that Novak called him GOAT, especially straight after beating him.

Yeah it was awesome. Djokovic did to Nadal exactly what Nadal loved doing to Federer. Beat him and them call him GOAT. I hope every time Nadal loses the winner calls him the GOAT. Also, it would be awesome if winner did more fist pumps and excessive celebration than Nadal, made Nadal wait for the coin toss and did some aggressive movements right before coin toss.

kalyan4fedever 02-11-2013 08:26 AM


ivan_the_terrible 02-11-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudeski (Post 7206572)
Yeah it was awesome. Djokovic did to Nadal exactly what Nadal loved doing to Federer. Beat him and them call him GOAT. I hope every time Nadal loses the winner calls him the GOAT. Also, it would be awesome if winner did more fist pumps and excessive celebration than Nadal, made Nadal wait for the coin toss and did some aggressive movements right before coin toss.

Other players have class.

Tropikal_Knights 02-11-2013 09:36 AM

Hello.........maybe the guy meant the best player ever on clay.....which is obvious

Hodgey20 02-11-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cormorant (Post 6680629)


Incredible


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse