Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Federer calls for biological passports to detect doping (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=454453)

akind 02-11-2013 01:03 PM

Federer calls for biological passports to detect doping

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/federer...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Fed said he did NOT get blood testing for AO 2013.

Clarky21 02-11-2013 01:10 PM

He's right. Hopefully they will implement this as soon as possible.

It's also funny how Djesus is completely against a biological passport. What's he afraid of?

SLD76 02-11-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7207324)

It's also funny how Djesus is completely against a biological passport. What's he afraid of?

when did he say that?

honestly, Ive heard rafa and murray talk about testing of late but dont recall djoker saying much if anything.

And Fed is right.

NadalDramaQueen 02-11-2013 01:20 PM

This is the first step towards some kind of legitimate testing program.

Gonzo_style 02-11-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Source please...

Djokodal Fan 02-11-2013 01:37 PM

So Fed doesn't get tested at all..... shows he has clearly escaped the axe this time. so much for Fed fans who cried fould when Djoker told he was never tested for 6 months and when Murray for more blood tests.

the way old man played 2 back to back 5 setters against young guns like Tsonga and Murray should have triggered a red signal for WADA.

All of a sudden Pederer calls for bilogical passport, he sure must be involved in all this PED thingy, otherwise why would he raise his voice....something fishy!

tennis_pro 02-11-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djokodal Fan (Post 7207384)
So Fed doesn't get tested at all..... shows he has clearly escaped the axe this time. so much for Fed fans who cried fould when Djoker told he was never tested for 6 months and when Murray for more blood tests.

the way old man played 2 back to back 5 setters against young guns like Tsonga and Murray should have triggered a red signal for WADA.

All of a sudden Pederer calls for bilogical passport, he sure must be involved in all this PED thingy, otherwise why would he raise his voice....something fishy!

And your point is? Federer looked spent at the end of the Murray match.

mariecon 02-11-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

At the very least when you win a grand slam you should get blood tested. Duh. Federer went out in the SF. Djoker won. He should have been tested. End of story.

Emet74 02-11-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo_style (Post 7207354)
Source please...

Q. Would you be in favor of like a biological passport program that they're instituting in cycling for tennis?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I mean, you know, we can discuss about the options for a while. But generally I believe that the present regulations about anti‑doping tests in tennis are good, in my views. I don't think there should be any major changes because, as you know, it's official. We have to write where we are every day of our lives so they have an opportunity to test us every day of 365 days in a year.
I think that doesn't give anybody a chance to do something that is unsportsmanlike

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=86201

Bobby Jr 02-11-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emet74 (Post 7207452)
NOVAK DJOKOVIC:.......We have to write where we are every day of our lives so they have an opportunity to test us every day of 365 days in a year.
I think that doesn't give anybody a chance to do something that is unsportsmanlike

If he seriously said that after Armstrong demonstrated perfectly the folly of the whereabouts rule having much effect on PEDs use then Djokovic isn't as smart as some would claim. A drunk teenager could see the hole in his reasoning there.

Rock Strongo 02-11-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Federer plays a very efficient style of tennis. He didn't look all to fresh against Murray either.

If Federer upsets you so much, why not have a look at Jimmy Connors, who at the age of 96 years old played 2 grueling 5-setters (including coming back from two sets to love at one point, and being in trouble against Haarhuis, only to come back and reach the semifinals of the USO in 91? PED's? Nope. It's all in the willingness to fight. Federer might look relaxed and smooth on the court, but deep down there's a desire to win every match.

And of course, every player should be tested during of immediately after a slam.

Goosehead 02-11-2013 02:25 PM

Jimmy connors juiced up on drugs in 1991 u.s open. wow what else ?.

Djokodal Fan 02-11-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 7207430)
And your point is? Federer looked spent at the end of the Murray match.

So what still played 2 back to back 5 setters at this age. Nothing other than doping to my eyes.

Doperer was saved by not testing!

Djokodal Fan 02-11-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariecon (Post 7207450)
At the very least when you win a grand slam you should get blood tested. Duh. Federer went out in the SF. Djoker won. He should have been tested. End of story.

Duh if winners were the ones to be tested, Pederer would have been caught long back in 2007 when he won 10 slams in 3 years.

If anyone who should be rigorously tested, it needs to be Fed.

Towser83 02-11-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

same thing as Nadal i would guess

I agree with Federer though

SLD76 02-11-2013 02:32 PM

djokodol's trolling efforts really are amazing.

esp as he is a fan of a guy who underwent the most dramatic career transformation ever, lol.

Goosehead 02-11-2013 02:33 PM

are they all on DRUGZZZZ :confused:..

or just jaded chitchat on the interwebz.

tennis_pro 02-11-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djokodal Fan (Post 7207503)
So what still played 2 back to back 5 setters at this age. Nothing other than doping to my eyes.

Doperer was saved by not testing!

The only one who needs to be tested is you. And fast.

Mike Sams 02-11-2013 02:41 PM

Pederer :lol: :lol:

Marius_Hancu 02-11-2013 02:44 PM

Yes .......................