Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nadal: Give me more time, Don't Judge me! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=454458)

OddJack 02-11-2013 01:39 PM

Nadal: Give me more time, Don't Judge me!

Nadal not happy with the reviews he is getting from the press:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/more-ti...9479--ten.html

Crisstti 02-11-2013 01:44 PM

I don't think that has anything to do with any press reviews. It's from the press conference after the match.

Some quotes:

"The knee is still bothering me, but you have to face adversity with the best possible face and look forward to keep working and enjoy what I like the most, to play tennis"

"A week ago we didn't know how the body would respond"

"At least now I know we can compete at a certain level. I think that was a positive week"

"I will try to keep improving my physical sensations day by day, which is the most important thing because I don't feel that my tennis level is bad. I need more time on court."

"I was two points away from winning the title, but I said from first day that the result was not the most important thing, although I would've liked to win"

"To win four matches in a row is good news for me."

veroniquem 02-11-2013 02:04 PM

It's not really important but he didn't win 4 matches in a row. He won 3 or 6 depending if one counts the doubles. I sure hope Rafa doesn't pay attention to the media in general, they're always after sensationalism.

Crisstti 02-11-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroniquem (Post 7207451)
It's not really important but he didn't win 4 matches in a row. He won 3 or 6 depending if one counts the doubles. I sure hope Rafa doesn't pay attention to the media in general, they're always after sensationalism.

Lol, true. I guess he wasn't counting, or someone messed up the translation.

veroniquem 02-11-2013 02:34 PM

Or he wanted to win the 4 so hard, Freudian slip. I can relate to that...

Marius_Hancu 02-11-2013 02:42 PM

He is crazy to play both singles and doubles when:

---
"The knee is still bothering me

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Comeback.aspx
---

Mike Sams 02-11-2013 02:45 PM

Nadal and the *******s are going to use the knee excuse forever and ever and ever....
No such thing as accepting your defeat with class. But then again, most of these tennis players never even went past 5th grade by the looks of it. Most of them are kids, mentally. Just whining and moaning all the time the way kids generally do. Kids in adult bodies who can play tennis very well.:)

Mainad 02-11-2013 03:30 PM

It's silly to expect him to immediately start playing at his top level after an absence of nearly 8 months off the tour. He did really well to make the final without dropping a set and he only narrowly lost it (he was a set and a break up and, at one stage, was just 2 points away from winning it). Zeballos was playing really well and was able to exploit Nadal's rusty movement. Kudos to him.

It's going to take more than a handful of matches at a small tournament like Vina del Mar before Nadal starts to play himself into any kind of form after such a long absence. Let's wait and see how he does in the rest of his Latin American swing!

OddJack 02-11-2013 03:43 PM

Well, he says his knee still hurts.

So playing pro tennis is going to make it better or worse?

If it gets worse how is he supposed to get better by playing more?

Crisstti 02-11-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddJack (Post 7207626)
Well, he says his knee still hurts.

So playing pro tennis is going to make it better or worse?

If it gets worse how is he supposed to get better by playing more?

It's either just some pain from adjusting to the higher demand on it, or he figured he just couldn't keep waiting if he wanted to have chances for RG so he considers it to be well enough to play and not get too bad again. I hope if this is the case he doesn't play IW and Miami.

cc0509 02-11-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisstti (Post 7207652)
It's either just some pain from adjusting to the higher demand on it, or he figured he just couldn't keep waiting if he wanted to have chances for RG so he considers it to be well enough to play and not get too bad again. I hope if this is the case he doesn't play IW and Miami.

Excuse me, if he still had pain from his tendon tear/tendinitis no doctor on earth would tell him to go play professional tennis. Tendinitis is a overuse injury, you don't treat it with more activities which contribute to overuse. Use some common sense.

Crisstti 02-11-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7207741)
Excuse me, if he still had pain from his tendon tear/tendinitis no doctor on earth would tell him to go play professional tennis. Tendinitis is a overuse injury, you don't treat it with more activities which contribute to overuse. Use some common sense.

He's made it quite clear that it's improved enough so that there's no risk of a tear.

If he didn't play whenever he has any pain from tendinitis he would never play.

cc0509 02-11-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisstti (Post 7207755)
He's made it quite clear that it's improved enough so that there's no risk of a tear.

If he didn't play whenever he has any pain from tendinitis he would never play.

It has been seven months, surely the tendons have healed by now. Why is he still talking about pain?

Crisstti 02-11-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7207766)
It has been seven months, surely the tendons have healed by now. Why is he still talking about pain?

I don't know i that's sure at all. I've read it can take a long time.

cc0509 02-11-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisstti (Post 7207814)
I don't know i that's sure at all. I've read it can take a long time.

So it has not fully healed and the treatment is to play singles and doubles in multiple tournaments? :confused:

veroniquem 02-11-2013 05:37 PM

It's healed but it has not been used intensively (competitively) for 7 months. So there's a bit of getting used to, no big deal hopefully.

smoledman 02-11-2013 05:40 PM

Don't worry once Nadal gets to Monte Carlo he'll crush everyone as usual and win his 9th consecutive title.

cc0509 02-11-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7207882)
Don't worry once Nadal gets to Monte Carlo he'll crush everyone as usual and win his 9th consecutive title.

Probably............

dafinch 02-11-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7207871)
So it has not fully healed and the treatment is to play singles and doubles in multiple tournaments? :confused:

Yeah, that tactic isn't exactly dripping with logic is it? I tell you, watching the dismantling of this cheater is gonna be EPIC, and I can't wait to see it...

cc0509 02-11-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dafinch (Post 7207889)
Yeah, that tactic isn't exactly dripping with logic is it? I tell you, watching the dismantling of this cheater is gonna be EPIC, and I can't wait to see it...

Don't get your hopes up, I am not sure it will happen. These guys are protected when they are cash cows bringing money in.