Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Aeropro Drive (2013) vs. Aeropro Drive Plus (2013)?! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=454641)

cptjello 02-13-2013 07:42 AM

Aeropro Drive (2013) vs. Aeropro Drive Plus (2013)?!

What are your opinions on each, and which do you prefer? I've heard great things about both. I have demoed the standard and loved it - is the plus a better choice? GO!

morandi 02-13-2013 07:49 AM

I play with the PLUS and love it. When I hit with the standard length I loved it as well. Ultimately I went with the PLUS because of its distinct advantage on serve and I loved two handed and slice backhands with it. Forehands were a toss up, and at net I like the reach of the PLUS when stretched, but preferred the faster feel of the standard. I like the PLUS better on returns.
Both a great racquets, you can't go wrong. You will have a slight adjustment period with the plus, but it hides its length well.

cptjello 02-13-2013 12:11 PM

Can you tell the difference of swingweight? The plus is a bit more, right? But same overall weight? I do like baselining, but love to serve and volley as well. If I've played with the standard and like it, and probably won't get a chance to demo the plus length, would you say that they play very much the same in terms of feel? This is a tough decision! Howabout comfort wise - any difference?

morandi 02-14-2013 05:42 AM

No difference in comfort or feel to me. The standard is a bit whippier, which can be good at times, but the plus has a more solid feel to me which I like. Its still fast through the air. I think for serve and volley the plus would have its advantages. Because you could dictate more easily with the serve, and the added length allows you to get to balls that you think are going to pass you.

cptjello 02-14-2013 10:49 AM

Ugh! It's so hard! It's rough because I can't demo the extended length. I do have a two-handed backhand, and the standard felt amazing with that. You said the plus complemented your two-hander: even more so than the standard? I guess - does the increase for serves, volley reach, ground strokes and slice outweigh the loss of maneuverability? I'm not a small guy - 5'11" 185lbs. Maybe it would be even a non issue for me? Hm.

cptjello 02-18-2013 03:27 PM

Hi folks - I'm bumping this because I really cannot decide which of these to get. Any other opinions? Even of those who haven't necessarily played with both of THESE rackets but have experience with extended length?

My main concern and what is holding me back from getting the plus is that the swing weight is 326 as opposed to the standard's 316. The standard, when I demoed it, definitely felt very fast and whippy. I guess, is the loss of maneuverability THAT noticeable on it? How big of a difference is a swing weight of 316 and 326?!

Hi I'm Ray 02-18-2013 04:02 PM

I have the previous APDGT
The previous + version felt awkward to me. I don't normally like + length frames but the new APD2013 + felt pretty well balance and didn't feel awkward at all. Actually I would have guessed it was standard length if the guy didn't tell me. It swung much lighter than 326 SW.

Jakesteroni 02-22-2013 09:36 AM

I demoed the plus version but bought the std because I've always played with the std and it feels more natural to me. The swing is slightly lagged on the plus version but not much. Feel and comfort are the same. Plus will/may take you time to adjust, but I wouldn't worry about the swingweight as it wasn't very noticeable to me. I did notice a bit more spin on the plus though. Hope this helps.