Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   montly phone bills (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=454671)

ChuDat 02-13-2013 10:45 AM

montly phone bills

I was wondering what do most of you pay a month for your phone, I'm asking people on individual plans which include talk, text and data. I'm about to switch to AT&T for 96 a month with 450 minutes, unlimited text and 3GB of data(only offers 300mb, 3gb and 5gb). Is this a reasonable price?

sphinx780 02-13-2013 01:40 PM

Tmobile here. 1000 min, unlimited text and 2g data before speed throttles down. Total for two phones: 80...but I did bring an unlocked phone of my own so hit up the value plan.

That being said, I'd say 50-75/mo is reasonable for unlimited every thing depending on what carrier options you have. I beleive tmo is the only one offering unsubsidized plans (where the phone price isn't built in to your monthly fee) but I've heard service varies depending on where you are in the country.

SalvadorVeiga 02-17-2013 10:36 AM

Well, if you have an Android smartphone or something, buy just a data plan.

3Gb in AT&T costs 30 bucks. From there, configure Google Voice. You get free calls to both landline and mobile phones in US and Canada.

You also get free texts to any mobile phone.

:)

If you can find Data for cheaper prices let us know...! I'm in Portugal and that's how I use it. Internet Plan, Google Voice for US free calls

Hood_Man 02-17-2013 03:17 PM

7.00 a month for a sim only deal with Orange.

iradical18 02-17-2013 05:54 PM

These days I think that sounds reasonable. I can't really speak on it though because I'm on my buddies family plan as he works for Tmobile. Whaaaat a racket the whole mobile business is.

ChuDat 02-19-2013 08:17 AM

anyone use verizon with 2gb of data per month? how often do you come close to reaching or passing the 2gb cap, without being on wifi.

diredesire 02-21-2013 09:52 AM

General consensus these days is that T-Mobile is one of the best contract plans for the price. Coverage depends on your area. If T-mobile isn't good in your area, consider trying something like Straight Talk (if you can still find an ATT based SIM to activate). Roughly $45 a month "unlimited" everything (soft data cap at ~2GB). Can run on ATT or T-mobile network. You need to bring your own phone, though.

VoIP solutions (like Google voice + supporting app) are growing in popularity, but if voice quality is important to you and/or if you use a lot of voice, might as well go a dedicated plan.

Edit: I'm biased towards GSM providers since I like the freedom of swapping SIMs into new devices.

Power Player 02-21-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuDat (Post 7224337)
anyone use verizon with 2gb of data per month? how often do you come close to reaching or passing the 2gb cap, without being on wifi.

Yes me. W/out being on wifi it may be tough, but it can be done.

The main killer is video streaming..dont do that.

I love Verizon. Yes it is expensive, but you get such better reception and data speed that its worth it. Worst thing ever is buying a nice smartphone and having to deal with the Sprint network.

ChuDat 02-21-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Player (Post 7228509)
Yes me. W/out being on wifi it may be tough, but it can be done.

The main killer is video streaming..dont do that.

I love Verizon. Yes it is expensive, but you get such better reception and data speed that its worth it. Worst thing ever is buying a nice smartphone and having to deal with the Sprint network.

well I know I'll be safe at home but at work I have no wifi so I might be using some good amount although I won't be video streaming

Tammo 02-21-2013 12:08 PM

1000 a monthe with verison 6g Light co